Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what you doing next year?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

what you want to do? im really confused. I have nothing really specific I want to do really. I was thinking I would be best off doing Arts because it's a general course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Hopefully, Science in UCD.

Best-case scenario:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I want to do 2nd level teaching History and Religion at the Mater Dei Institute. I need 385 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I want to do 2nd level teaching History and Religion at the Mater Dei Institute. I need 385 points.
    Yeah, I went to the open day in November. I have both English & History on my CAO at Mater Dei.

Medicine in TCD, failing that RCSI, failing that UCD...etc, if all goes to according to plan (big if!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I repeated intending to do medicine but now, not so sure. Right now I'm debating between Medicine, Vet med, English, History...I'm sure a few more will make the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Medicine in RCSI would be an absolute dream come true... Failing that, Med in TCD, UCD, UCC or NUIG. Then Pharmacy in RCSI or TCD and after that, Med in Queen's or Pharmacy in Robert Gordon in Aberdeen.

I guess it's fairly obvious what I want to do with my life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

thinking of doing something along the lines of law,not too sure though!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Hopefully a science course somewhere, preferably in Trinity but don't know if i'll get the points : /. If not maybe something to do with psychology or maybe even an arts degree because i'd love to be a teacher. Then again that could all change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Journalism or business in Limerick.:D
    Journalism is first but even if I don't get that I'd be happy with business.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

hopefully radiography in UCD:p

• Advertisement

There's always so many med applicants on these boards.:) Probably because there's a ton of med applicants every year...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

Art in Limerick, or else Japanese and French in Dublin. Can't make up my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Some combination of History, Politics and Economics.

Preferably History & Politics in TCD.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Medicine in RCSI would also be a dream come true for me... if not I'd probably do a science degree and come into medicine as an undergraduate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

There's always so many med applicants on these boards.:) Probably because there's a ton of med applicants every year...
    Plus I think people tend to google Med or HPAT and get drawn in by the constant threads ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Hopefully Law and German in Trinity or if that fails either Arts in UCD or German & Sociology in Trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Yeah, I went to the open day in November. I have both English & History on my CAO at Mater Dei.
    Yeah I was at the open day too. I like the way the college is really small. Brilliant lecturer-student ratio,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Hopefully media arts in d.i.t or else im hopeing the civil service will hire again sometime soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Science in trinity is the dream but I dunno if I'll get the points, UCD's a close second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

im seriously considering D.I.T, gonna have a little scope at courses now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

What would the difference be between Arts in NUIG, UCD or UCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

none i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What would the difference be between Arts in NUIG, UCD or UCC?

A few subjects, NUIG I believe have Law as an arts subject while UCD and UCC don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

unknown13 wrote: »
    A few subjects, NUIG I believe have Law as an arts subject while UCD and UCC don't

Also in UCD you take up 3 subjects in the first year and drop one the end of the first year.
    And in UCC you take up 4 subjects and drop 2 at the end of the first year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Primary teaching in St. Pat's hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

stand_back_square_0.png

In Trinity, hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I'm really hoping to do Government in UCC next year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Med or engineering in nuig, that or paramedic practice in the UK. We'll see:)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Animation in IADT hopefully D=!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Lawliet wrote: »
    stand_back_square_0.png

In Trinity, hopefully!

haha that made me LOL

Advertisement