Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carmen Lawn, Belmont, Rochestown, Cork

Options
  • 10-01-2010 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, just wondering does any one have any info on Carmen Lawn, Belmont, Rochestown. We are looking at the detached houses. Have heard from a few people that there is social housing in there.Am not 1 bit snoby, but this is a house for life, and its not cheap in any way. Just want to know what kind of an estate it is?

Comments

Do you like rush hour traffic and lots of it ? You may well find a some "social housing" in most modern estates these days. As an aside good time to buy me thinks, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

As I undertand it, for any developer to get planning permission these days, they have to designate 20% of the new builds to social and affordable housing. Note the affordable part - this isn't just social housing, it's also for people that can't afford the full price for their first house and so on. Any new estate is going to have some houses assigned for this scheme. If you don't want to live somewhere with that element included, a new estate is not for you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi

I cant even figure out which estate this is as there are so many around Rochestown now..Build Build build....

General Rochestown is a loverly area there are afew twatty tennagers around the place but that is about it I have never heard of much trouble around the place so I wouldnt be to worried about the social housing side and like the other lads were saying all new estates have to have a certain amount of affordable houses now...From just me I would stay away for any new built house nowadays they seem to put them up so fast they dont give the foundations and that time to settle..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

as Milly said, there little brats everywhere, take a look up at Mount Oval, no shortage of little scuts up there and not a 'social house' :) to be seen!
    remember, the biggest criminals are found in the well-to-do areas these days...white collar crime and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SuzQ

On the contrary there are lots of social and affordable houses in all the new o,Flynn estates including mount oval which is starting to look quite tatty of late. Too many apartments and duplex units rented out too which is never a good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Not all estates have social housing, some developers were able to trade off by building or donating sites elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Belmont is a bit like the Titanic's class system. Up at the top we have the best of houses, in the middle are the semi's, some rented, some social's, then at the bottom there are Council houses.
    But when it comes to it, the nicest people live in the Council houses, from there up, the standard of people comes down.

Advertisement