Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Share] Looking for others to team up with to rent a house

Options
  • 10-01-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi all, sorry if I'm overlooking a forum somewhere, but I'm wondering if boards.ie has a section for people looking to team up with each other to rent a house in Dublin? I'm already on Daft and don't think gumtree looks great. Somehow I'd be more drawn to share with a boardsie ;) Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Feel free to post away here or on Third-Level Accommodation is that better suits your needs.

You don't say where.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Cheers Victor, I'll post my full details here so, rather than in 3rd Level, since I'm not a student and, though not too fussy about the age or professional status of my housemates, would prefer to share with people who don't quite have the same capacity for non-stop partying as students might (and indeed I used to have, back in the day, just not so much any more ;)

So, to anyone out there currently looking for a housemate close enough to Dublin city centre:

I'm 29 and from Dublin, recently returned from living overseas for a few years and so happily surprised to see how much better the rental market is than it was in 2004! :)

Before I launch in to telling you about myself, you should know that I have two cats, my little fur babies, who'll be coming with me - would that be a problem for you? If not, and if you'd enjoy having a pet in the house (I always missed not having pets while I was renting before!) then read on :) If you're not cool with cats, no worries!

My background is in non-profit / charity work, and I'm planning on returning to that (within Dublin) some time in the coming year, perhaps sooner rather than later. At the moment, though, I'm writing a book so would be working from home most of the time.

I'd like my own space in a house, i.e. a decent sized bedroom, but am friendly and sociable too, and would like the idea of having a cosy living room where we could maybe have a chat over a glass of wine in the evenings, watch a movie, that sort of thing. I like going out too and having a bit of craic, though am not so into all-night mid-week house parties ;) At the same time, I'd like to live with laidback, easy going people who you can have a laugh with. I don't smoke and like to live in a clean house, but amn't too fussy - live and let live.

My budget would be not more than 400 per month, and I'd love to be in a house rather than an apartment, preferably with a small garden / yard (I still harbour dreams of us having a decent summer, during which I would have my breakfast outside, or the occasional BBQ... A girl has to dream ;) I'd also like to be relatively close to the city centre, pref walking distance.

Ideally I'd like to share with two others, as I think for 1200 per month you can get a nice looking 3 bed house within walking distance of the city centre (though perhaps out a little bit from the 'core' centre so it's not too noisy).

Regarding areas, I'm pretty flexible - I LOVE Rathmines and Ranelagh, but houses in that area might be a bit beyond my price range. I also have friends living in Smithfield / Stoneybatter who love that neighbourhood, and there seem to be good deals to be had around there. Otherwise I also like the Fairview neighbourhood or even the city end of Drumcondra/Phibsborough. Not so keen on the Cork street / Coombe area which seems a bit dodgy (? I may be wrong!).

So, are we looking for the same sorta things? I'd really really like to get on well with my housemates, I'd hope to view you as friends rather than co-tenants, so if you'd like to consider teaming up, I'd like to meet for a coffee or a pint at some stage to see if we 'click'.

All the above is, of course, contingent on you being ok with my cats coming along with me :)

If you think we could make a good house-sharing team, please drop me a PM and tell me a bit about yourself. Either way, good luck with your house hunt!

Advertisement