Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Product key for 1 year prepaid trial of MS Office

• 10-01-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, I have just got a new netbook Samsung NP-N130. When I try to access the microsoft site to get product key and register Ms Office which came with netbook, 1 year prepaid trial, I get a message saying
    You are not authorised to view this page
    Any ideas please as to what I can do?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

1 year pre-paid trial?? I thought it only came with 60 day trial versions, never seen a one year trial version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

teileann wrote: »
    Hi, I have just got a new netbook Samsung NP-N130. When I try to access the microsoft site to get product key and register Ms Office which came with netbook, 1 year prepaid trial, I get a message saying
    You are not authorised to view this page
    Any ideas please as to what I can do?
    Thank you.

B4 you do anything i'd consider Sun Open Office, it's a free alternative, it has everything Microsoft has. (just google it to download)

If you're set on Microsoft then

try to open the page in a different web browser.

if that doesn't work then try
    type the address into http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to find out if it's just you.

and if it's not just you then the website has a problem itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭teileann

Thank you'm for the replies. It says 1 year prepaid trial but I'm guessing that it is no longer available at all. I tried another browser with the same result. I have downloaded openoffice and it will keep me going. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive the same laptop and same issue. However, you should still have office installed. Open up word for example, you can skip the enter the product key and there you go. You have to skip it each time, but it still seems to work :D

How do you find the laptop? Mines running slow

As far as I know you can only use Ms Office 25 times without a product key.
    I am delighted with mine. It runs fast. Faster than another laptop we have iin the house and which cost €225 euros more. I have no problem with the net, skype, watching the archives of tg4/rte player etc.

The only downside I find with it is the sound. If it is in another room, I sometimes don't hear a skpe call ringing. Will just have to keep it close at hand.

• Advertisement

Hmm, let me keep on eye on that. I havent seen any countdown, and office opens up fine now each time. The only 25 that appears is for the registration key.

Anyway, Ive found mine running really slowly. Multiple tabs in IE is a no-no. Ive removed alot of the background applications. Did you get yours in Powercity?

Yes, I got it in Powercity. I usually use Firefox not IE.
    I will start using Ms Office also and see what happens.
    Will you let me know what happens yours also?
    How do you disenable Windows Live ID (and other icons in the system tray)?
    It keeps popping up when I open up and I never use it.
    I read in the manual that it is important to make sure all applications are closed before shutting down.

I disable a fair few, with the exception of Battery manager, magic keyboard (for shortcuts to turn off wirless, etc) and McAfee. Being honest, Ill probably get rid of mcaffee cause it eats the resources of the netbook. If you want to disable ones from startup, just run "msconfig" goto "startup" and de-select the programs. Just be careful. If you are not sure what you are disabling try and avoid. If it helps, I removed the google toolbar and all the Samsung programs. It will give you a message saying "you need to be an administrator" or something. Dont worry if it does. Some weird glitch in it.

I just opened Excel and a message came up saying that I had 19 uses left. So it is not looking good! Thanks for info on disabling background programmes. Will do at weekend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

antodeco wrote: »
    I disable a fair few, with the exception of Battery manager, magic keyboard (for shortcuts to turn off wirless, etc) and McAfee. Being honest, Ill probably get rid of mcaffee cause it eats the resources of the netbook. If you want to disable ones from startup, just run "msconfig" goto "startup" and de-select the programs. Just be careful. If you are not sure what you are disabling try and avoid. If it helps, I removed the google toolbar and all the Samsung programs. It will give you a message saying "you need to be an administrator" or something. Dont worry if it does. Some weird glitch in it.

Theres your reason its running slowly, get rid and you'll notice the difference, try Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials as a replacement, both free

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

Effluo wrote: »
    B4 you do anything i'd consider Sun Open Office, it's a free alternative, it has everything Microsoft has. (just google it to download)

If you're set on Microsoft then

try to open the page in a different web browser.

if that doesn't work then try
    type the address into http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to find out if it's just you.

and if it's not just you then the website has a problem itself

Why do people have to shove their open source software onto everyone. Address the OP problem, not spout crap about open source. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

mgmt wrote: »
    Why do people have to shove their open source software onto everyone. Address the OP problem, not spout crap about open source. :mad:
    lol.bad day at the office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    lol.bad day at the office?
    that he just had to bring up a 10 month old thread to the day to complain :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

And we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement