Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Building

• 11-01-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

looking at building our house (Shannon area) - what approximate cost per sq ft can i forecast and any ideas on how to get recommendations etc - will not be starting until summer - tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You would be crazy to consider building this time with the amount of new and second hand houses on the market. I would also consider hold off for a while until prices drop further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

well if your doing it yourself,and i'm speaking as a qualified chippie, you'd defiantly want to think about getting in a project manager to help you over see everything cost and labour etc, and if you need a name, i know a fella from new market on fergus, just down the road from you, you can talk to him

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

It varies hugely depending on how much of the work you can do yourself, standard of finish, heating systems etc

Can I recommend your attention to The construction and planning forum. They have all the details and they are helpful if you have any questions to ask :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

And you asked this type of question in the Clare forum coz why exactly? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

tks for replies

drunken - because i am from clare and looking for local help and guidance on local prices , planning considerations etc

bobby - can you send me details of that guy by the private message thing, i havent used it before

• Advertisement
Advertisement