Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows and doors garage

• 11-01-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Windows and doors.
    Well I have a garage and I need a 6 ft window a 3 foot window and a door for it. Can anyone suggest a cheap source. They quoted 550 for a door and 1000 for the three. I saw a door in b & q solid oak for 30 euro. Not sure how to build a frame to put it in put think I'll get the door tomorrow. Would you paint it (white) or varnish it. I'd prefer to paint it.
    The three foot window is at the front so uPVC is needed but the back could be wood, single pane glass. I have gone over budget so need to keep cost down.

The cheapest quote I got for a roller door was 475 three others I called did not phone back and I got another one for 575. The roller door is 9 foot by 7 foot ten inches.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Donovan01

I think you should go with the cheapest quote that you have got. I think that price is pretty good. I agree with you about the paint, I think that you should paint the door only.

Advertisement