Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INFERNO RANBAT 7 - SAT 16th JAN - XGC, LIFFEY ST, DUBLIN

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 elwaster

Correct assumption! I tend to forget these things at times. fair enough though :) I'll just keep my eye out for upcoming ones as and when they happen. Don't suppose there's any kind of mailing list I could sign up to for that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    elwaster wrote: »
    Correct assumption! I tend to forget these things at times. fair enough though :) I'll just keep my eye out for upcoming ones as and when they happen. Don't suppose there's any kind of mailing list I could sign up to for that?

Not really. you can sub to a thread and you'll get an email every time someon posts in it...

What you could do is add the fighting games forum to your subscribed forums list. Then it has a little star beside it. Thats what I do.

Also I could be really nice and just send you a pm the next time one is announced. :D

Not really. you can sub to a thread and you'll get an email every time someon posts in it...

What you could do is add the fighting games forum to your subscribed forums list. Then it has a little star beside it. Thats what I do.

Also I could be really nice and just send you a pm the next time one is announced. :D

Oooo I'll do the first two and ask nicely if you could PM me when you hear something. Sounds perfect!

Apologies for my ignorance and I know I should search forums first, but is there a thread I can add my PSN & GAMERTAG too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Here

This is updated regularly and all of the players that post here are on it!

Great Stuff! Thanks Guys! appreciate all the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

but I know i would most certainly want to be a part of it. Would totally kick ass! Especially with the new SF coming out as well!

You've come to the right place man, check here often and feel free to get involved and post away in any topic.

Your probably looking for one in dublin but there is one in Belfast this weekend, then theres talk of maybe heading to gamesnash sometime soon.

We tend to have casuals every Saturday in XGC in town (dublin town) btw.

Welcome to the community :D

Sisko wrote: »
    You've come to the right place man, check here often and feel free to get involved and post away in any topic.

Your probably looking for one in dublin but there is one in Belfast this weekend, then theres talk of maybe heading to gamesnash sometime soon.

We tend to have casuals every Saturday in XGC in town (dublin town) btw.

Welcome to the community :D

nice! what time do these casuals tend to happen? I always walk by XGC and want to go in, but haven't yet. How does it work in there? u pay to play? U bring your own equipment?

People are usually in there from 12-1pm onwards. Sometimes there'd only be a few of us, other times a whole load of us will be in there.

Just walk right in, and walk to the back of the room where theres a stairway, head right up there. No need to say anything to the guy on the counter.

As for prices, people rent out the consoles then usually everyone throws in a fiver at the end of the session. People normally bring their own controllers/arcade sticks. You can rent controllers out there too. Not arcade sticks though obviously.

Someone else on here may be able to give you more detailed info on the pricing. I just hand someone a fiver at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    It costs €2.50 per hour for each console. It's best to bring your own copy of the game and whatever controller you want to use as otherwise you have to pay to rent it.

They take a €20 deposit on every console that's rented out which they give back.

Scrap that 12-1 info. Don't know what Sisko is on about there. We normally all arrive at about 14:00 and stay until either 18:00 or 19:00.

There is an event on this Saturday in Belfast which I highly suggest attending. They have a really nice setup and are a very friendly bunch.

Be prepared to spend the night though as the tourney doesn't start until 19:00.

Welcome to our kickass community.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    I'm going to assume you're in Dublin and it's only a couple of euro to the city centre for you. We have people who come to our tournaments from all over the country and there is no way we could expect them to travel every two weeks.

I'd love a tournament every two weeks, but logistically it's not really viable.

Heh, what he said! It costs me about €60 to come up for the touneys, I don't think I'd be able for them every two weeks! Welcome to the community though.

Who did you main, and how did you find out about us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Heh, what he said! It costs me about €60 to come up for the touneys, I don't think I'd be able for them every two weeks! Welcome to the community though.

Who did you main, and how did you find out about us?

60 quid?! I take it thats the ranbat fee etc included? For casual meets is 20 on the bus from my place, then 5 (less even, never more rly) for the day itself. 25 quid isn't bad since I only attend the casuals like once a month but I plan on making it happen more often this year

I've never been to a ranbat yet but it would set me back 40. You guys are dead lucky to be living in Dublin, must be so ****ing handy

No
    Nope! Train to Dublin (including the camel link from Clare to Limerick :rolleyes:) is €56 when the tools at the desk wont give me student fairs, then €15 to enter, food and busses to DCU works out at around €80 altogether! Such is my love for teh ranbats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

No
    Jesus, fair ****ing play

yeah fair play, I assume you find it worth the money since you keep coming back , that goes to show how much craic this community is tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    Sisko wrote: »
    yeah fair play, I assume you find it worth the money since you keep coming back , that goes to show how much craic this community is tbh.

i only come for the jokes tbh :)

No
    Ah yeah it's well worth it, and thanks to Terry I don't have to spend money on accomodation so that's pretty cool too.

No
    Wow. Respect for that man.

No
    That's why it's even more annoying when I get put out by you! Throw a match already!

No
    That's why it's even more annoying when I get put out by you! Throw a match already!

Sorry. A soldier just follows orders...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    Ah yeah it's well worth it, and thanks to Terry I don't have to spend money on accomodation so that's pretty cool too.

What?! I thought you were wiring money into my account?! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    animaX wrote: »
    What?! I thought you were wiring money into my account?! :P

He is, its just in escrow in Monaco with 'a guy'.

It costs €2.50 per hour for each console. It's best to bring your own copy of the game and whatever controller you want to use as otherwise you have to pay to rent it.

They take a €20 deposit on every console that's rented out which they give back.

Scrap that 12-1 info. Don't know what Sisko is on about there. We normally all arrive at about 14:00 and stay until either 18:00 or 19:00.

There is an event on this Saturday in Belfast which I highly suggest attending. They have a really nice setup and are a very friendly bunch.

Be prepared to spend the night though as the tourney doesn't start until 19:00.

Welcome to our kickass community.

Cheers, u guys reckon you'll be there this Saturday? Gonna see if I can make it, I'm pretty amateur so you'll have to go easy. Out of curiosity, what kinda age group are you guys that go on Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Cheers, u guys reckon you'll be there this Saturday? Gonna see if I can make it, I'm pretty amateur so you'll have to go easy. Out of curiosity, what kinda age group are you guys that go on Sat?

20 - 30 generally.

I won't be there on Saturday as I'm going to play in the tournament in Belfast instead, but I'll do you a solid and start a thread.

20 - 30 generally.

I won't be there on Saturday as I'm going to play in the tournament in Belfast instead, but I'll do you a solid and start a thread.

Awesome much appreciated!

Advertisement