Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INFERNO RANBAT 7 - SAT 16th JAN - XGC, LIFFEY ST, DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    Just had a look at the 25 attendees in the poll there.
    Even with the Norn Iron lads not coming, there's no easy matches there, and definitely some I'd like to avoid, (Hi there top 4 seeds, please stay away from me thanks :))

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Just had a look at the 25 attendees in the poll there.
    Even with the Norn Iron lads not coming, there's no easy matches there, and definitely some I'd like to avoid, (Hi there top 4 seeds, please stay away from me thanks :))

*bribes azza to get a cobelcog, bush, ken b and a trak group* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    LET ME SEE YOUR GAME FACE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    Bit off Topic, but what do you lads use to carry your TE's?

The thing is bloody massive and won't fit in any of my laptop cases, it may well have to travel in a tesco reusable bag, but daammit I have more class than that!

(Do they fit into a standard 17' laptop case?)

No

The thing is bloody massive and won't fit in any of my laptop cases, it may well have to travel in a tesco reusable bag, but daammit I have more class than that!

I have a 17" laptop backpack and I don't think a TE would fit in it.

Just strap it to your back like a sword.

• Advertisement

No

It fits into my super deluxe world travelling 2 17 inch laptop containing samsonite bag of doom but that's a big expense. I got it as a freebie. Weirdly it's colours match the te's too.

No
    Jim wrote: »
    LET ME SEE YOUR GAME FACE!

As movie optimus would say...

GIVE ME YOUR FACE!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Sairus wrote: »
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jan/14/weekend-community-events-jan-15-18/
    Tis up on the list now anyways, so hopefully some late notice guys will see it XD

EDIT: Hm. I seem to have suddenly lost the ability to double quarter roll forward... tomorrow should be interesting.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=222341
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

just heard on the 2fm the bridge in Arklow is closed, for ****s sake.

I'll still go get the bus but have no idea if I'll be able to go/how late i'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No
    I'm on the move now i'll be there about 12-12.15 & i'm bringing a HDD with all unlocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

just woke up now, gonna see if i can make this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    just woke up now, gonna see if i can make this

go team just woke up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    i hope paul wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Placebo wrote: »
    i hope paul wins.

Fag.

What are the seedings anyway?

C'mon what was the outcome what happened :( I'm ****in stuck at home someone get home and tell me :)

No
    Quick placements:
    1. Cobelcog (Cammy)
    2. bush (Blanka, Chun Li)
    3. Azza (M. Bison)
    4. Dreddy (Zangief, random=Zangief)
    5. Doomy (a family man)

Cobelcog never got beat, too. Goddamn son, stick to pad!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

No
    Just a quick run down before I bugger off on holiday.

31 players, our highest number yet and we had at least 4 regulars missing.

Finishing order was
    1st. Cobelcog €186
    2nd. Bush €93
    3rd. Azza €31

4th Dreddybjas

5th Doctor DooM
    5th Dark Talant

7th Dark Onion
    7th Ken B

9th Animax
    9th Chunkis
    9th Eddie
    9th A-Trak

13th Banjo B
    13th Jonnny Bluez
    13th Foamymushroom
    13th Chopperbyrne

Current Seeding list
    1st Cobelcog
    2nd Newtype
    3rd Bush
    4th Azza
    5th Blag
    6th Doctor Doom
    7th Kirby
    8th Roogle

Tier 2 Seeds
    A-Trak
    Dark Onion
    Dark Talant
    Dreddybjas
    FoamyMushroom
    Jimeatsmenu
    Ken B
    Sagat06

Good to see all the new faces and a good standard of play from the newcomers to ranbats, competition it seems has stiffened once again.Also seems the tournament went quicker than the last one even though we did the best of 3 set match group stage. Overall good fun and pretty much smooth sailing.

Congrats to Cobelcog, I think he only dropped one set to Bush during the whole tournament. And again fair play to Bush, probably the most consistent player at the ranbats since the start. Had two very close matches with him. In the end sadly for me it wasn't quite Tuesday but I'll get there in the end.
    Another consistent display from the Doom and also well done to Dreddybjas, finally showing us what he is capable of.

Also if anyone is missing what I think is a black camera bag, its behind the counter in the XGC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm annoyedI missed this but something came up the day before that I couldn't miss. I'll be on for casuals though in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    Cheers Azza, and congrats again to those who finished ahead of me. :pac:

No
    Apologises to anyone who might play me tonight.

We're very drunk and abusing everyone on live.

So much hate mail.

No
    We?
    OH LAWDY! :pac:

• Advertisement

No
    Effeee ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add that person now.

No
    "Hi, where are you from?"

"Ireland"

"Oh, nice!"

"Where are you from?"

"California"

"Has Gootecks ever thrown a stick at you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Just home now, I'm fucked. Apologise to Jim, you are probably the most 'avoided player' on xbox live now muahahhahahahaa

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

No
    ggs to everyone yesterday.
    Something occured to me after the tournament, I don't think I've ever won a losers bracket match in all the tournaments I've entered...

No
    Well, that was an interesting day :)

It was great to see so many new faces, pwease come back again as it adds so much to the atmosphere.

It was a good day for me. I had my traditional first fight where I get owned (I really have to sort out why I do that. I thought it was maybe just a coincidence, but even Bush said a while ago he'd never had it that easy against me), then I barely scraped by Ayjay in a match which could have very, very easily swung the other way. That'll make a good upload. He nearly stopped me there.

Then I got Chunkis who I didn't take a round off but was a good, tense, close fight anyway- so immediately dropped to losers. So far so DooM tbh.

This is when it got weird. I got Chopper, A-trak, and Dark onion all in a row. Honda, honda, honda.

WHO ARE YOU, <insert honda players name here>? I WAPE ALL BEST HONDA PLAYERS IN DUBLIN!

So after this weird and to be honest extremely luck set of affairs ( Honda has a fricking nightmare getting near Guile) Bush eventually put me out, but I put a better fight up against his Rufus than I ever have in tournament conditions so I was happy enough with how it played out.

Then adding 10 points to the weirdometer was Dark Talant v Dreddy.

Talant has come waaaaay on and his boxer's lethal. He took the first set handy after which Dreddy said something like "screw this, lets shake things up" and random selected.

He got 'Gief and then somehow pasted Talant to the wall. So glad I got that on camera.

The Chun counterpick in Bush v Azza was an interesting move, she's got that lethal to Bison projectile/ airthrow thing going on. Dangerous.

I have to say as much as I like Cobelcog as a person and his playing style I was really up for Bush in the final- I could see him adapting his playstyle and slowing down the Cammy assault delibrately and he got unlucky with Ultras whiffing a couple of times. That stuff wins me over :)

So a fun tournament with interesting highlights. Alot of the vids won't look great as there were just so many people and I was trying not to be too intrusive to the players (except Ayjay, bloody move!).

Lessons learned about the camera today- buying a bigger memory card so I can record in higher quality- good idea. Next time get a spare battery and it should all go easier.

Pints after were fun too, and the spare ribs in the Bull and Castle were NYOM NYOM NYOM. Kiki you missed my joystick designer friend.

Good look today in your 3 v 3 Chunkis and have a nice time Azza!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

No
    have to say watching Cobelcog was like watching a machine. It was like one of those tool assisted videos.

Bush did get unlucky with those Ultras though. Even the one that got Cammy in the corner didn't finish.

Biggest gut wrench for me was when Azzas Ultra against Bush in the losers final didn't come out (think it was recorded) it was pretty much the match decider.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

No
    Congrats to everyone who placed Yesterday.
    Really enjoyed the games and putting a face on all those xbl gamertags. Unfortunately for me I played much better in casuals than in the tournament. Although my second round fights with cobblecog were too close for comfort!!!. Great games with animax too in the losers!. Hope to try and make a few more casuals and pick some of yer brains on matchup strategy!!. I'm practicing countering that ex messiah kick already!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    Speaking of losers brackets, can someone actually explain to me how this tournament set up works? Doom gave me a quick run down of how it runs, but then I think it was Azza told me Cobelcog had built up some extra lives for the final or something because he hadn't lost a game? That basically confused me beyond repair.

Also, great craic being down there~ Despite being annihlated in the first round, it was definitely the most fun I've had playing SF in monthes. This isn't the last you've seen of me!

No
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    have to say watching Cobelcog was like watching a machine. It was like one of those tool assisted videos.

Bush did get unlucky with those Ultras though. Even the one that got Cammy in the corner didn't finish.

Biggest gut wrench for me was when Azzas Ultra against Bush in the losers final didn't come out (think it was recorded) it was pretty much the match decider.

Yeah, I got that. Felt sorry for Azza then too...

• Advertisement

No
    Sairus wrote: »
    Speaking of losers brackets, can someone actually explain to me how this tournament set up works? Doom gave me a quick run down of how it runs, but then I think it was Azza told me Cobelcog had built up some extra lives for the final or something because he hadn't lost a game? That basically confused me beyond repair.

Also, great craic being down there~ Despite being annihlated in the first round, it was definitely the most fun I've had playing SF in monthes. This isn't the last you've seen of me!

It's the exact way I explained only in the grand final the winner of winners brackets only needs to win 1 set of best of three, whereas the winner of losers has to win 2. That's the extra "life" the winner of winners has.

Advertisement