Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INFERNO RANBAT 7 - SAT 16th JAN - XGC, LIFFEY ST, DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Who was taking the video for Cobelcog's group stage? 'Cuz the only match I won was the one where it wasn't working....

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    That would be me! Sorry about that, I do have the two that you lost in though, if that's any consolation :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Dunjohn wrote: »
    Who was taking the video for Cobelcog's group stage? 'Cuz the only match I won was the one where it wasn't working....

It'd be great if more people'd bring cameras. I can't do all the groups for obvious reasons.

For example I am acutely aware I have no foamymushroom footage and I know he's exciting to watch (he's an akuma combofiend) but he's never been in my group stages and I can't be in 2 places at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    Dunjohn wrote: »

:pac:

No
    6.28 gigs of footage.

Wow.

• Advertisement

No
    It'd be great if more people'd bring cameras. I can't do all the groups for obvious reasons.

For example I am acutely aware I have no foamymushroom footage and I know he's exciting to watch (he's an akuma combofiend) but he's never been in my group stages and I can't be in 2 places at once.

I have footage of me and foamy dueling it out ;)

My camera was sitting unused and empty on a tripod for a while. If people want to use it, that'd be awesome, the more videos the better. As it stands, I mainly only have videos of me fighting others and the group matches. the only other one I have is Ken B and Azza.
    right here, im one them
    had a really off day at the tourney, hopefully be sharper next time...good laugh nonetheless, cheers everybody!! videos?
    Hey, good to see you signin' up! Tell your friend Eddie I'll have his video of him and I up tomorrow or the day after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    BanjoB wrote: »
    Great pics Jim and the question mark here is me, or araforn on live.

Changed accordingly!

I'd like if someone took vids of the players while they were fighting as well and then combine them with the actual fight vid. I might start doing it myself for the semis/finals.

No
    I actually think I shouldn't let Ayjay see his match with me.

I think he may actually cry.

Hm. Instead I might film him as he watches it.

No
    First match up now:

Feedback welcome on the new recording bits and bobs but remember that the volcano stage is crap for recording.

Also, really bad play there from myself. Always in the first match...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Sup guys,

What a great ranking battle, big shout to everybody who came and a big thanks to the organisers and good matches to everybody I played, i can`t wait until the next tournament. I don`t know if i can make it down this saturday, but i will try my best.

Also i went to the 3 on 3 in london today, it was lots of fun, my team came 2nd, there was 32 teams and over 100 people at the tournament, it was a lot of fun. The final went right down to the wire both teams with there final player, when the vids are up i will link you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    chunkis wrote: »
    Sup guys,

What a great ranking battle, big shout to everybody who came and a big thanks to the organisers and good matches to everybody I played, i can`t wait until the next tournament. I don`t know if i can make it down this saturday, but i will try my best.

Also i went to the 3 on 3 in london today, it was lots of fun, my team came 2nd, there was 32 teams and over 100 people at the tournament, it was a lot of fun. The final went right down to the wire both teams with there final player, when the vids are up i will link you guys.

So much for "We don't stand a chance of winning this thing tomorrow!"

No
    I'm sorry, but I have to let everyone share AJ's pain...

First fight... head's stil not right, and got pwned:

Then I kinda copped I was out if I lost it...

Witness combat between two people who know each other waaaay too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

No
    Looks like ye had a great time lads, I fooking need to make the next one >_>

Also Jim, who was at your place last night when playing me? LOL, I had the TV low so couldn't hear the mic at all! When I went to get mine you were gone xD

Ken will be representing next time, don't worry
    Jim wrote: »
    I'd like if someone took vids of the players while they were fighting as well and then combine them with the actual fight vid.

Nice idea! Think it would look really well. Anyway, my brother has a camera (I don't think it's marketed for its video capture) but it's a 13 Mega Pixel Samsung, if that means anything. He never uses the video feature but if it's of any help to anyone I could let whoever does most recording borrow it for the day and then I could maybe upload the footage later that night or whatever. Probably means nothing though

I used it at a concert last summer if it's any indication

Also, I was wondering about the like of capture cards etc to record matches. But then remembered it would probably be disastrous to set up and all that crap (would need laptops likely). Too much hassle I'd say but definitely would be very cool. Maybe a pipedream :rolleyes:

No

AJ you FOOL! Imagine the pain you could have spared multiple Hondas!! It was yours for the taking!

No
    Loved Ryu's focus attack then jump over the boom to get you Guile in the corner at the end of the first vid.

@Ramza Myself, Chopper, Hyuma and Cunny_Funt so it could have been any of us >< Also I think for recording the players any cam at all will do. I used my phone camera to record a match in XGC one day and it came out pretty well. Only probably I can see with recording the players is lighting, but I reckon even a half decent digital camera with video will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    AJ you FOOL! Imagine the pain you could have spared multiple Hondas!! It was yours for the taking!

Phish..... I would have beaten you so either way :p

No

I am upset watching it.......... :(

No
    If you had just done a fireball after the medium kick at the end of the second round second game it could have all been over ><

No
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Phish..... I would have beaten you so either way :p

Honda does not lose to Ryu. He sits on Ryus. True story!

No
    Jim wrote: »
    If you had just done a fireball after the medium kick at the end of the second round second game it could have all been over ><

He actually had me at match point three rounds in that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Great fight lads lots of tension. Ayjay so close man unlucky. Doomy that f*ckin airthrow :rolleyes:

No
    Honda does not lose to Ryu. He sits on Ryus. True story!

maybe - we should play a few games :)

No
    maybe - we should play a few games :)

I'm only messin' with yeah, it was a great fight you put up, if I'm honest I think most people were cheering for yeah :P A few games would be cool though. Next time.

On a similar note, I find the clear divide of consoles at these events both humourous and worrying. I know most of the 360 crew quite well, and have played most of them whereas I've had comparatively very few games against the likes of Cunny, Doom, Ajay etc.

No
    I'm only messin' with yeah, it was a great fight you put up, if I'm honest I think most people were cheering for yeah :P A few games would be cool though. Next time.

On a similar note, I find the clear divide of consoles at these events both humourous and worrying. I know most of the 360 crew quite well, and have played most of them whereas I've had comparatively very few games against the likes of Cunny, Doom, Ajay etc.

yeh, I find this too. On Ps3 I dont get to fight the XBL players. A pain but unless Sony and Microsoft get lovey dovey with each other, I can't see a resolution.

Thinking about it though, a cloud server could conceivably facilitate it but only a third party provider would do that and I can see the might Microsoft just not allowing you onto xbl if you did that. :(

No
    Although given that I have a 360 and xbl account I have little excuse. All I would need to do is buy the game :p

No
    Sagat06 wrote: »
    Great fight lads lots of tension. Ayjay so close man unlucky. Doomy that f*ckin airthrow :rolleyes:

It mystifies me why when someone who hasn't practised it lands an air throw it's skill, whereas when I land an air throw 2 inches off the ground on a tatsuing Ryu or a headbutting honda it's "bloody broken air throw" :D

No
    It mystifies me why when someone who hasn't practised it lands an air throw it's skill, whereas when I land an air throw 2 inches off the ground on a tatsuing Ryu or a headbutting honda it's "bloody broken air throw" :D

Yeh, get used to it. Like I told you, they don't mind guile, its you they hate ;)

No
    yeh, I find this too. On Ps3 I dont get to fight the XBL players. A pain but unless Sony and Microsoft get lovey dovey with each other, I can't see a resolution.

Thinking about it though, a cloud server could conceivably facilitate it but only a third party provider would do that and I can see the might Microsoft just not allowing you onto xbl if you did that. :(

3 different versions on three different networks means three sales. I would say that fits in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

No
    Very good day! Good to see all these new faces showing interest.

GGs to everyone I played during the tournament and any casuals. Everyone seems to have improved since last time. Lots of fun. I'll need to work on my Chun match-up after those really close matches with BanjoB and bush. Those matches in the Final were particularly intense.

Looking forward to the videos, a lot of moments I'd like to see again and for any matches that I missed such as these first matches Doom has uploaded. Should be a good collection on its way.

• Advertisement

No
    First video of my 9 videos is up, they'll filter through as soon as youtube stops giving me errors when I try to upload them! Anywho, sub here if you like and here's the first video.

Me and Cobelcog, I'm just proud I won a fight off him!

Advertisement