Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INFERNO RANBAT 7 - SAT 16th JAN - XGC, LIFFEY ST, DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    First video of my 9 videos is up, they'll filter through as soon as youtube stops giving me errors when I try to upload them! Anywho, sub here if you like and here's the first video.

Me and Cobelcog, I'm just proud I won a fight off him!

When you click on upload, there's a nearly hidden option at the bottom of the screen for youtubes bulk uploader. You need to download and use that to stop the errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

RE non cross platform play:
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    A pain but unless Sony and Microsoft get lovey dovey with each other, I can't see a resolution.

I can :cool:

RE ramza:
    Ramza wrote: »

Also Jim, who was at your place last night when playing me? LOL, I had the TV low so couldn't hear the mic at all! When I went to get mine you were gone xD

Lol trust me it was a good thing you couldn't hear anything. Reckon jims got a few online enemies after we spent a few hours drunkenly trolling xbox live and sending inflammatory messages to people in his friends list when he fell asleep :pac:

RE 2nd camera man:

I keep meaning to bring my mini dv cam, I don't have a bag that'll fit my tripod which is a bit of an arse but as for recording crowd reactions, that would be really good.

Mixing them with footage of the fight gets messy due to it being footage recorded by two different people with different cameras, I suppose I could wait till doom uploads his vids, then download his vids from youtube and edit them with my crowd reactions shots, and I could re-upload them to maybe that Irish tourney youtube account or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    and sending inflammatory messages to people in his friends list when he fell asleep :pac:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

No
    Just wondering, will the videos and pictures from this event be posted to http://www.streetfighter.ie/?

No
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    Just wondering, will the videos and pictures from this event be posted to http://www.streetfighter.ie/?

Being totally honest, getting the videos up on youtube is currently my priority time wise ( I still have some group matches from dragonslayers I never got round to).

When we decide what is what with streetfighter.ie (I'm going to start talking to people about it in Feb) though we'll definitely update it with "the story so far."

• Advertisement

No
    First of the goodies is up lads.

Bush vs Chunkis. Some nice stuff in this one.

EDIT: Processing taking forever ay youtubes end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Being totally honest, getting the videos up on youtube is currently my priority time wise ( I still have some group matches from dragonslayers I never got round to).

When we decide what is what with streetfighter.ie (I'm going to start talking to people about it in Feb) though we'll definitely update it with "the story so far."

streetfighter.ie ??? you're aware that's not going to be legal yeah?

Capcom are usually fairly ok with that sort of thing, but that may be pushing it.

No
    streetfighter.ie ??? you're aware that's not going to be legal yeah?

Capcom are usually fairly ok with that sort of thing, but that may be pushing it.

AFAIK it's completely legal. They don't own the words street or fighter and we'll not be pretending to be them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    You can pretty much create a domain name with anything you want. People have made tons of money by buying up domain names the same as companies, then selling them to them for massive profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

No
    Jim wrote: »
    You can pretty much create a domain name with anything you want.

For example, MS's search engine is www.bing.com

Try going to wwwbing.com :D

• Advertisement

No
    OOOoh.

Check out the air throw at 2:05.

Rather proud of that.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    Nice fightin' lads

Some advice for chopper, for this match up, you're jumping way too much, and you end up losing a lot of life and spacing. The only time you jump against guile is when you have him in the corner and you think a boom is coming. You need to be off the ground before or as he does the boom. Also, Jumping RH is better than jumping Fierce of medium for this situation due to it's better range

Secondly, you'll notice that Doom knows the corner is a bad place for him in this match up and jumps over you to get out a good bit. If you see him jump for an escape, jump back fierce punch. Best case scenario, you hit him, worst case, he slowly walks back into the corner like a little girl, ready to reset the trap :p

No
    Nice fightin' lads

Some advice for chopper, for this match up, you're jumping way too much, and you end up losing a lot of life and spacing. The only time you jump against guile is when you have him in the corner and you think a boom is coming. You need to be off the ground before or as he does the boom. Also, Jumping RH is better than jumping Fierce of medium for this situation due to it's better range

Secondly, you'll notice that Doom knows the corner is a bad place for him in this match up and jumps over you to get out a good bit. If you see him jump for an escape, jump back fierce punch. Best case scenario, you hit him, worst case, he slowly walks back into the corner like a little girl, ready to reset the trap :p

My addition could easily be wrong at this wee hour but I do believe you actually fell for one more air throw than chopper did Mr Allium. :)

No
    Yeah, but then I took one more round off you too, other excuses include:
    1. I settled down after the first round
    2. I was using a stick which was not my stick
    3. You suck!
    4. A lot of the damage he received from jumping wasn't in air throws but landing on booms, being hit in the air etc. not to mention the extra space and options it gave you.

Seriously though, out of interest, who's Honda did you find the most challenging out of the three?

No
    Yeah, but then I took one more round off you too, other excuses include:
    1. I settled down after the first round
    2. I was using a stick which was not my stick
    3. You suck!
    4. A lot of the damage he received from jumping wasn't in air throws but landing on booms, being hit in the air etc. not to mention the extra space and options it gave you.

Seriously though, out of interest, who's Honda did you find the most challenging out of the three?

I'd have to say A-trak, seeing as he took a fight off me.

That said, none of you were exactly falling for easy stuff I used to rely on. You all made me actually think. Gits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Mr Onion is starting to think he's the best honda in town, dun dun , DUUUUUUUUN.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Mr Onion is starting to think he's the best honda in town, dun dun , DUUUUUUUUN.

:pac:

In fairness, he does place well in tournys. We'll need to do a honda-off :P

No
    I'm not rising to that!

Someone was looking for footage of the akuma-combo master foamy mushroom, and here he is!

No
    I'm not rising to that!

Someone was looking for footage of the akuma-combo master foamy mushroom, and here he is!

That was a damn good fight lads. The old health differential caught foamy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No
    seeing as he took a fight off me

Nearly had the match off you too only that the game is obviously broken and gave you 2 ultras in last set.

More Guile hax

• Advertisement

No
    That was a damn good fight lads. The old health differential caught foamy there.
    Of all of the fights that day, I think I enjoy fighting foamy the most, he's incredibly skilled, and it's a pretty fair match up, given the high damage output of both our characters.

No
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Nearly had the match off you too only that the game is obviously broken and gave you 2 ultras in last set.

More Guile hax

If you listen carefully in the Bush v Chunkis fight, you can hear me laughing and your heart breaking. True story.

No
    Actually it's Chunkis v Dreddy, at 1:50:

No
    Actually it's Chunkis v Dreddy, at 1:50:

Such a skilled Gief, he knew exactly how to shut Chunkis down. GG lads!

No
    Such a skilled Gief, he knew exactly how to shut Chunkis down. GG lads!

Dreddy is a nightmare to fight. But I love watching him fight, he really controls space well and uses meter cleverly. Personally I really enjoyed him tearing it up. I think we have a mutual loathing/ respect thing going on by this point.

At one stage on Sat it looked like we were heading towards each other and we shared a "no offence, but I'd really rather not right now" moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

The amount of chip hondas headbutt does is ridiculous.

No
    joconnell wrote: »
    The amount of chip hondas headbutt does is ridiculous.

When are you going to show up at one of the tournaments, my friend?

We're long, long, LONG overdue a rematch in the flesh.

Last thing I can remember fighting you at was X-men vs Streetfighter in that arcade with the donut stand thats now just slots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

I gotta buy a few new buttons - probably 3 weeks time I reckon, booked up for the other saturdays with menial house tasks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    Haha cheers lads. To be honest I think chunkis would have had me if he'd stuck with Sagat for the whole thing, all it would've taken was a few more rounds of him zoning well like in round 1.

• Advertisement

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Haha cheers lads. To be honest I think chunkis would have had me if he'd stuck with Sagat for the whole thing, all it would've taken was a few more rounds of him zoning well like in round 1.

I too question Chunkis' Ryu choice... he's just nastier with Sagat.

Advertisement