Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

inabina wrote: »
    so hope of a temp drop with arrival of precip?

Not sure where you are inabina, but more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the snow is very heavy now and beginning to stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

how long do you think the precipitation will last?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    WEATHER WARNING issued by BBC N.I. Heavy Snow for this evening.

Oh no when owenc gets back from ice skating on 18" of ice 3,000m up in the Coleraine mountains, we wont hear the last of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is it sticking?
    Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

sandyford. temp stubborn at 3.1 with precip imminent. am just hoping the DP is alot lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Still snowing in tipp, not heavy enough to lodge yet, hill snow my ar$e:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

should die out in mayo in early hours of the morning. It will track NE overnight before leaving the extreme NE by this time tomorrow.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Still snowing in tipp, not heavy enough to lodge yet, hill snow my ar$e:D

i really hope there is eggs on faces by this eve:D

Not speaking to you. :mad:

:pac:

I am not really sure Nacho, but my guess would be on\off patchyness over the next 24hrs or so as the front more or less stalls and weakens over the northern half of the country.

• Advertisement

sandyford. temp stubborn at 3.1 with precip imminent. am just hoping the DP is alot lower.
    temps will drop as the afternoon progresses inabina and/or during the early stages of precipitation. Prepare for sleet at the beginning and it gets better from there. conditions certainly look favourable for snow at lower levels in east, midlands and ulster from early eve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Going to attempt to set up a live weather cam link here now... hmmm.. this could be fun. I will post the link IF i get it working. Wont be too exciting but if i can do it then so can loads of ye. BRB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Is DOC online as he will have the local D/P for you and me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    should die out in mayo in early hours of the morning. It will track NE overnight before leaving the extreme NE by this time tomorrow.

Just on the noisy thing last night. I rang ESB this morning & tru enough it was the station... A fault was in 1 thing so another thing kicked in so that they didnt have to cut the power off here. ( I know jack about electricty)

Back on topic its still dry here, V windy. temp: 4.2 DP .8- so would say rain all the way for the Bray heads today ....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

how high up is tipperary ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It's an absolute blizzard here, really bad, snow is sticking, thaw has stopped and temperatures have fallen.

Looks like we could get more snow than ever at this rate, just very bad conditions, good thing all schools stayed closed in Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    temps will drop as the afternoon progresses inabina and/or during the early stages of precipitation. Prepare for sleet at the beginning and it gets better from there. conditions certainly look favourable for snow at lower levels in east, midlands and ulster from early eve

Lovely - told ya kids would only be sent back to school today for it to snow lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

For the last 30 mins, I've been getting what can only be described as a blizzard of wet snow. If only the ground wasn't so wet or the snow turned to the big fluffy stuff.

Hope anyone inland and at a higher elevation is getting the fuffy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Dark, windy and cold here. don't want to sound like an owenc but will the snow hit dundalk? We have no water and no heat so :confused::rolleyes: wouldn't mind a roll in the snow, maybe build an igloo might be warmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

snow ghost wrote: »
    For the last 30 mins, I've been getting what can only be described as a blizzard of wet snow. If only the ground wasn't so wet or the snow turned to the big fluffy stuff.

Yep, a fluffy blinding blizzard, glad I got up early to do my farm work, its unbelieveable outside, though I still have work to do out there .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

Min wrote: »
    It's an absolute blizzard here, really bad, snow is sticking, thaw has stopped and temperatures have fallen.

Looks like we could get more snow than ever at this rate, just very bad conditions, good thing all schools stayed closed in Kilkenny.

I am in North Kilkenny too but not in hills. Getting heavier by the minute.
    current temp 1.8.

jenzz wrote: »
    Just on the noisy thing last night. I rang ESB this morning & tru enough it was the station... A fault was in 1 thing so another thing kicked in so that they didnt have to cut the power off here. ( I know jack about electricty)

Back on topic its still dry here, V windy. temp: 4.2 DP .8- so would say rain all the way for the Bray heads today ....
    Moneypoint Deep?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TheBastard

is it actually sticking? and if so what depth are we talking?

How dissapointing was Sunday/ Monday though? i was hoping for Day after tmro type scenario! all i got a kick in the Goolies!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snow ghost wrote: »

Snow and percip shields up and working here in SE Mayo. Shields will fail against percip from the end of MAY!!

Notice knock has dropped to 0c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

No thanks to RTE weather did they not say that word RAIN for Munster:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

As this thing moves north will it get further cooler thus more snow???

This meteogram from yr.no should give you a rough idea of what to expect:

meteogram.png

More forecast details for Sandyford:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Other/Sandyford/

joe316 wrote: »
    As this thing moves north will it get further cooler thus more snow???

thats whats the experts are saying. temps will fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

snaps wrote: »
    Snow and percip shields up and working here in SE Mayo. Shields will fail against percip from the end of MAY!!

Notice knock has dropped to 0c!

I thought you might be getting this snaps, as you're not too far away from here.

It is pretty heavy, maybe castlebar is getting the fluffy stuff?

I might have to go for a bit of climb up the Reek, I'd say it's class up there... even half way up there! :)

Advertisement