Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Absolutely borderline. I think it will start as rain, but this should bring down temps and we should see heavy sleet at least, if not wet snow. If wet snow, sticking? Who knows.

Even though temp is 3.6c, DP is 0.8c (not too bad but will hopefully go down with temp once ppn arrives).

The other benfit here is that if the wind goes back to SE (NE here atm), the wind comes over the Dublin Mountains which will help modify the air (a little).

Yeah, sounds about right. Just noticed WC saying snowing at low level on Cornwall coast too. We *might* be in for a suprise! I reckon it's gonna look pretty for a while at least but probably leave nothing more than flooded roads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Whats the story with temps with everyone, are your dewpoints subzero prior to precipitation?

Its getting interesting for parts.

Snow is falling to low levels in Cornwall coast too.

My air temp is dropping , its at 1.9 now

My DP was at -0.9 earlier on , it moved back to -0.1 but has just dropped back to -0.2 now,

Snow still coming down moderately enough, its sticking on the grass and slush but not the cars or roofs yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

sideways snow here in citywest,dublin 24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Comer1

this is truly magnificent:D

words fail me

if this lasts for several hours. i won't mind if it doesn't snow for the rest of the winter!

I'm sure you've said it before, but looking back through the last few pages I can't find your location?

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

irish1967 wrote: »
    I assumed from the thanks in the first post it was working... is it?

it looked for a password from me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

inabina wrote: »
    rain has arrived in sandyford. temp 3.4. agggghhhhh:mad:

Keep the faith! As I said, it will start as rain.

Rain with some bits of sleet, has just started here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

My air temp is dropping , its at 1.9 now

My DP was at -0.9 earlier on , it moved back to -0.1 but has just dropped back to -0.2 now,

Snow still coming down moderately enough, its sticking on the grass and slush but not the cars or roofs yet .

Is it sleety or snowy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Snowing heavily here at sea level Wicklow town at the moment :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

irish1967 wrote: »
    I assumed from the thanks in the first post it was working... is it?
    for me it is irish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

1400.gif

Radar seems to be a bit dodgy, this is a frame that seems to show the full extent of the precip better.

• Advertisement

wushu wrote: »

Woah. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Sleet here all day in Limerick but now it is snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wushu wrote: »

Thats what we want to hear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

egan2020 wrote: »
    It's snowing heavily and landing in Kilcash in South Tipp.

is that on high ground? was it raining there earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

Very dark here now in ballsbridge... fast moving clouds above!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

its 0c and the snow is now significant :D finally sticking .
    I am going for 10cm for tonight.... no wait maybe 20cm is more like it, with this crazy wind

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Seems to be no sign of stopping here.

P1110600.jpg

P1110602.jpg

its 0c and the snow is now significant :D finally sticking .
    I am going for 10cm for tonight

Where!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It has been getting progressively heavier and the snow more and and more dry and powdery here - not sticking - and still blizzardy out there.

This has all the hallmarks of a great snow event for some around here (baring in mind I'm adjacent to the sea, although I'm still very hopeful it it keeps up like this). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Met Eireann's latest forecast of "Rain turning to sleet and possibly snow for a time, though mainly over higher ground" seems a bit underestimated given what some people are mentioning here now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Keep the faith! As I said, it will start as rain.

Rain with some bits of sleet, has just started here.

ok its getting sleety!!:D

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Is it sleety or snowy ?

Snow ,and has been for the last 30 after an hour of sleet with heavier bursts of snow

Where's Supercell, I'd say he's getting pasted :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Looking to the mountains to the south of Dublin from Clontarf its like no mountains there !!!

They were there a second ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

I am gonna post pics let me go outside to my balcony :D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Met Eireann's latest forecast of "Rain turning to sleet and possibly snow for a time, though mainly over higher ground" seems a bit underestimated given what some people are mentioning here now.
    Met Eireann Wrong :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Min wrote: »
    I sent a message to Met Eireann letting them know parts of the country are suffering from blizzards right now and their warning is not adequate.

I asked how much snow should we expect.....

Let us know the response should you get one Min. :)

Mmcd wrote: »
    Met Eireann Wrong :O

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Definitely more sleet than rain now already - can see the flakes blowing in the wind!

3.3c DP 0.9c

• Advertisement

Are these charts any use or are they just complete fiction , according to this chart , I should not be having snow , but I am .

102298.png

Advertisement