Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

its great, bucketing here and sticking, what i can't undrstand is that the dp is .9C but its sticking ???

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

To Munster Legend - Yes it's pretty high up alright. Bucketing down rain this morning and extremely windy. Snow started about an hour ago. Primary school is still open though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

No precipitation here yet, just verry dark and breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Definitely more sleet than rain now already - can see the flakes blowing in the wind!

3.3c DP 0.9c

yep, I confirm that. looks like white rain, with a few brave flakes making it all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Still snowing here in tipp, not sticking except a small bit on the grass;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

If snow arrives in Dublin, this thread will implode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Cionád wrote: »
    If snow arrives in Dublin, this thread will implode :D

:D:D:D im waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

turning quickly to wet snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Considering how wrong they were so far they're hardly likely to be right now ;)

Much in the north of the county now??? Blizzard here, its wet snow but kinda sticking . ..:D

It was slow to stick in the beginning (on non snow surfaces) as we had a thaw happening as well as the heavy snow, about 2cm so far on the car but a lot more where it had a base of snow to fall on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

WC can you edit the title of the thread to include "Sleet/Snow" or something? I cannot edit it. Thanks. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

dedon wrote: »
    Sleet here all day in Limerick but now it is snowing.

how far south is this sleet/snow coming? its will be in cork next!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

wushu wrote: »
    Snowing heavily here at sea level Wicklow town at the moment :eek:

not fair is lashing rain here in arklow:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

BBC were predicting snow for Dublin at 15.00 today but they revised it to sleet/rain this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

this is truly magnificent:D

words fail me

if this lasts for several hours. i won't mind if it doesn't snow for the rest of the winter!

Oh please oh please oh please will it arrive here in N. Donegal???

Breezy, gusty with dark clouds here. I hope it doesn't fizzle out before it reaches here. I'm feeling like it might just reach me but hey what do I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

this is truly magnificent:D

words fail me

if this lasts for several hours. i won't mind if it doesn't snow for the rest of the winter!

Congrats Nacho :)

As I said to you two days ago, you would get a snowfall that would be supreme over all & its obviously happening for you today.

Well done & to everyone else also who is seeing snowfall.

SA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jaysus, pegging it down here, wasnt expecting this to be honest!! :D Starting to stick a little too on the very wet ground, grand big flakes.

Temp 0.9c DP 0.1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Let us know the response should you get one Min. :)

Will do, nothing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

At last, starting to settle and get heavier, swirling around here. Nasty out, I'd say the roads are fine at the moment but if this continues for several hours, could be chaos. Grit anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Looking forward to the Crazy Panic in work when the snow falls ,,,,,screams "How will I get Home ! etc : mass Exodus predicted !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Jaysus, pegging it down here, wasnt expecting this to be honest!! :D Starting to stick a little too on the very wet ground, grand big flakes.

Temp 0.9c DP 0.1c

Excellent! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snowaddict wrote: »
    Congrats Nacho :)

As I said to you two days ago, you would get a snowfall that would be supreme over all & its obviously happening for you today.

Well done & to everyone else also who is seeing snowfall.

SA :)

I hope you are seeing something S.A. Amazingly, you are good a predicting snow, yet you never tell us if you are getting any snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

lashig sleet - very large flakes thrown in for good measure - Temp 4.6 DP .7

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain and sleet now and every so often a burst of wet snow (the flakes stick on the ground for a few seconds).

2.4c DP 0.9c

I'd say there is an office in Glasnevin (the pyramid shape one) with a lot of people say WTF! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

looks like light rain atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

It's been snowing heavily here for a few hours. Not really sticking, it's just creating a fine layer of slush on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

:)#
    snaps wrote: »
    Nutter!!!!!!!!

lol, I got as far as the shops, bought some smokes, and decided I'd go back home as snow was getting heavier, might do the Reek tomorow. :)

btw, It is pure snow here now, getting even heavier and if it starts sticking will be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

At last, starting to settle and get heavier, swirling around here. Nasty out, I'd say the roads are fine at the moment but if this continues for several hours, could be chaos. Grit anyone?

and the govt, schools, and nearly met.ie thought it was pretty much over. tonight could be the worst yet! COME ON SNOW!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

DominoDub wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Crazy Panic in work when the snow falls ,,,,,screams "How will I get Home ! etc : mass Exodus predicted !

oh god i hope people have more sense than last week! at least the ground is not as icy at the moment as it was when it snowed last week, so hopefully people will have more sense!

i'm working in dublin city centre, southside. no sign of anything falling from the sky here yet but i'm praying for more snow lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Same here can't be too far away looking at the radar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Sleet in Balinteer with huge flakes of snow mixed in. Crossing my fingers this changes to snow-it'd be amazing with the wind so high!

Advertisement