Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Snow in Laois at the mo, 2 inches in Stradbally according to the GF who was just pulled out of the ditch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Comer1 wrote: »
    I'm sure you've said it before, but looking back through the last few pages I can't find your location?

Thanks
    Mayo.
    sorry for not answering sooner but i was outside enjoying the snow:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

inabina wrote: »
    temp dropped fro 3.4 to 2.1 in 30 mins after arrival of precip! i cant say i understand the logic to that tho, with a front coming from the south....i just have to re read MT Craniums great summaries i guess.

To put it simply, heavy precip drags down colder temperatures with it.

1.7c now DP 0.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Uh ho this is just mad!!!:D I am so surprised at the weather today, and why? cause I didn't get onto boards last night, thats the why!! was wreaked out (think it was the 100+ hours plus on boards in the past week that did it!!)

Have to head to college in Galway (oranmore) this evening from Sligo Town, and a bit concerned about roads.

Is there snow and gales in Galway? Won't be leaving Galway to go home to Dromahair (Nth. Leitrim) till 10pm tonight? what to expect on roads at that stage?

Thanks folks!!!

P.S sligo town wet and windy, no sleet or snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snow in Laois at the mo, 2 inches in Stradbally according to the GF who was just pulled out of the ditch there.

Stradbally rocks! Electric Picnic 2010 here we come. Glad it is seeing some snow. Love it down there, even though I am usually high as a kite most of the time I am in it. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its like a scene from the day after tomorrow outside, not kidding!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Supercell wrote: »

Any chance of some pics ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The amount your going to be getting today is unreal.

Like its just begun :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

jenzz wrote: »
    lashig sleet - very large flakes thrown in for good measure - Temp 4.6 DP .7

Rapidly dropping now 3.8 - down .8 in about 15 min

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

rain in dublin city centre (dublin 2), fingers crossed it's snowing out in dundrum where my gaff is! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Windy raining and not a very nice day out there. Can look out my top window and in the distance over the bridge in south Kilkenny it looks very white and probably is snowing there. Temp 3.8c DP 2.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Am I right in thinking that as we go towards 4pm the temps and DPs will start falling as well ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'd say your boss will be thrilled!

1.6c DP 0.8c Heavy blowing sleet here.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

i just love these surprises. temp 0.9 heavy snow and sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sleety in Sandyford right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Based in a 3rd floor office in Santry North Dublin and I usually have a great view of the spire and the mountains.

Mountains - what mountains? Spire schmire! It's like the world beyond is just falling away. Ok maybe a tad dramatic but you get my drift. (Pun fully intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It is still essentially a quasi-blizzard here of pure snow, getting even heavier.

I might be completely wrong - but if it is snowing this heavy here next to the Atlantic, I'd hazzard a guess that Dublin may well get it too when the precip arives. It started as rain here, then sleet then wet snow now this.

As I said I could be completely wrong... baring in mind my weather knowledge is limited to past experience and watching foxes do the tango on a nearby hill. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Blizzard conditions here in Carlow. Sticking to paths and roads are very slushy. Be careful and good luck if you have to drive.

3.4 dp .7 heavy wet snow now - Is it gonna stick I wonder ? Ground wet

about an inch of lieing snow now.

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Sleety in Sandyford right now!

Watch out for panic departures from the industrial estate!

1.6c DP 0.7c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm beside dundrum and we've very heavy sleet bordering snow but no sign of it settling yet

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Hi all, bitterly jealous of those of you with snow. Still super windy in Craughwell with very small amounts of rain, nothing snowlike at all, whatsoever. I live in hope. Also, cant seem to tear myself away from this computer these days, really must consider doing some real life 'stuff' at some point - not gonna happen if theres any chance of snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Light enough but consistent rain here now in Dub CC (Grafton Street).

Wind seems to have suddenly died too, and temps feel a lot colder.

Here's hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

its 0c and the snow is now significant :D finally sticking .
    I am going for 10cm for tonight.... no wait maybe 20cm is more like it, with this crazy wind

If people are reporting weather reports here, please change your profile to display where you are or state in your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Light drizzle now in Dublin CC...

Can we expect a flurry of snow in this band of percip moving in ?

i'm just wondering how much new snow the mountains around ireland will get out of this

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

I'm beside dundrum and we've very heavy sleet bordering snow but no sign of it settling yet

it is sticking in the upper areas of sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Watch out for panic departures from the industrial estate!

1.6c DP 0.7c

Yeah More 5 hour drives home ,,glad I moved to city center lol:D

• Advertisement

The amount your going to be getting today is unreal.

Like its just begun :eek:

WC would you mind sharing your good wisdom here & paint a picture on what we should expect for the remainder of the day/night.

( cancel scouts ??????)

Advertisement