Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

View out front yard, there was no s now left on the cars earlier or on the south facing roofs

102300.jpg

Kitchen window view

102301.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

wow still snowing in Wicklow town:eek: this is better than the non event we were meant to get on sunday last lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Supercell wrote: »
    Its like a scene from the day after tomorrow outside, not kidding!

send some down 2 arklow please:p horrible day here rain rain and even more rain:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

I'm beside dundrum and we've very heavy sleet bordering snow but no sign of it settling yet

well i'm not finished work until half 5, so hopefully at that stage it will have started to lodge in dunrdrum and i'll have a lovely evening of snow watching and tea drinking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I can confirm light fluffy snowflakes mixed with precip in Dublin CC.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 gaveng

just started here in north westmeath , not sticking as yet , hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Snowing quite heavily in Dublin 16 right now, but none of it's sticking because the ground is so wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

jenzz wrote: »
    3.4 dp .7 heavy wet snow now - Is it gonna stick I wonder ? Ground wet
    The ground was really wet here (near knock airport) now we have 2cm of snow :D more to come ...

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Supercell wrote: »
    View out front yard, there was no s now left on the cars earlier or on the south facing roofs

102300.jpg

Kitchen window view

102301.jpg

THE THAW IS SUSPENDED ...quite literally looking at the older snow on those cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

i'm just wondering how much new snow the mountains around ireland will get out of this

There'll be an avalanche on Croagh Patrick at this rate. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Full on wet snow now, leaving brief slushy depoist on the car.

1.4c DP 0.7c

Wind is now showing SSE here - a good thing as it is now travelling over Dublin Mountains (modification of the air).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

inabina wrote: »
    THE THAW IS SUSPENDED ...quite literally looking at the older snow on those cars

There is no old snow on the cars, the blue car drove here today and had nothing. Some slid off its bonnet earlier giving that effect :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

That drizzle has started to pick up a bit and looks like there is a bit of sleet mixed in there too !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

rain and wind has eased here in cork city but only in the last hour - desperate floods around. Not looking forward to making the journey home but at least i'm not driving!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

If it starts sticking at all the kids will be so hard to control last class! They're already furious that they only got yesterday off when nearly everyone else got Thur-mon off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

jenzz wrote: »
    WC would you mind sharing your good wisdom here & paint a picture on what we should expect for the remainder of the day/night.

( cancel scouts ??????)

As the precip arrives temperatures should drop and rain turn to sleet and to snow.

I really can't determine what extent the precip will turn to snow or whether it will stick.

What i can say is the precipitation is not supposed to clear the east until Midday tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Dont believe it... on the radar the showers are just totally avoiding Donegal/// the shield is stuck in the on position. Will I see anything ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

My favorite memory of this cold spell:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2010/0112/1224262111623.html

Temp here has stayed 1.8 but DP has risen to 0.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snow ghost wrote: »
    There'll be an avalanche on Croagh Patrick at this rate. ;)

seriously though at this rate with the milder weather at the weekend that could be a possibility. i hope there will be no one foolish enough to go climbing it over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

No percip whats so ever here in S Mayo. Yellow over me on radar but nothing, not even rai falling! .9c here now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

gaveng wrote: »
    just started here in north westmeath , not sticking as yet , hopefully

Wow, slow moving front indeed. Been sleet snow for about 3 hours now in the south Westmeath area....easing off again, it has only settled into a slushy mess so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My favorite memory of this cold spell:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2010/0112/1224262111623.html

Temp here has stayed 1.8 but DP has risen to 0.0

LOL! Ah yes 'THE HAT'! Ah memories...sniff....!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Snow appears to have disappeared from the precip in Dub CC :(

But the rain is getting heavier, and its feeling really cold :D

**edit snow is back in with the precip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

in the the CC too, & i have to stop peering out the window as it looks suspiciously like i'm doing absolutely nothing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Starting to fizzle off now here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

I cant see it and I'm only down the road from you... Aaaargh... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Dry and less windy hgere now too. Looks like that is yet. For snow lovers out there, I wish you good luck and I hope especially that it falls and settles for those who have not seen it in recent weeks. Enjoy it while you can.

Now, I am off to write a strongly worded letter to Helen Curran. Not about the fact that ME have underplayed this event for low lying areas but about her purple cardigan at one o'clock.
    http://theneave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fashion_police_v4b0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

As the precip arrives temperatures should drop and rain turn to sleet and to snow.

I really can't determine what extent the precip will turn to snow or whether it will stick.

What i can say is the precipitation is not supposed to clear the east until Midday tomorrow.

what are the chance of the precip turning back to rain or are we likely to see continution of what we have now thru till 2mor? If the latter, we are in for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Lovely:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

snaps wrote: »
    No percip whats so ever here in S Mayo. Yellow over me on radar but nothing, not even rai falling! .9c here now!

Sorry to here that Snaps. Snowing here on 1.6c, but not very heavy. Surely what I get will be on its way up to you shortly given the direction of the wind stream?

Advertisement