Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

*eadaoin wrote: »
    in the the CC too, & i have to stop peering out the window as it looks suspiciously like i'm doing absolutely nothing! :D

We should do a snow dance, all of us Dub CC based Boards weather freaks lol

Franco - its threatening, it keeps starting and stopping. But if its snowing heavy southwards (D16), its heading this way with the winds.

I've just heard its snowing in stepaside too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

seriously though at this rate with the milder weather at the weekend that could be a possibility. i hope there will be no one foolish enough to go climbing it over the weekend

The mountain resue had to get the helicopter up there a few times in the last week Nacho... mostly unprepared and unfit tourists who think because there is a well trodden path it is fine and that the cold won't get to them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Pokes wrote: »
    Starting to fizzle off now here.

Yeah, same here. Looked very promising earlier, but just didn't quite get there. Nearly stopped, and didn't settle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

inabina wrote: »
    what are the chance of the precip turning back to rain or are we likely to see continution of what we have now thru till 2mor? If the latter, we are in for it!

You shouldn't really ask! :pac: So hard for anybody to tell at this stage!

Wet snow trying to turn into proper snow now (big fluufy flakes coming through in bursts).

1.3c DP 0.8c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

ill be happy enogh if it stays like this......do not want another 3-4 hour 8 mile drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Washout wrote: »
    ill be happy enogh if it stays like this......do not want another 3-4 hour 8 mile drive.

You could walk it in 2 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

seriously though at this rate with the milder weather at the weekend that could be a possibility. i hope there will be no one foolish enough to go climbing it over the weekend

I can only imagine what the Reek is like now. Must be monstrous up there at the moment. Anyone would be well advised to stay clear of climbing it over the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

DOCARCH wrote: »
    You shouldn't really as! :pac: So hard for anybody to tell at this stage!

Wet snow trying to turn into proper snow now (big fluufy flakes coming through in bursts).

1.3c DP 0.8c

oh god i'm so excited! i've no idea why on earth snow makes me this happy, but i'm willing to run with it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

It's very wet looking snow here in Sandyford. It's starting to stick to cars and remaining white. No stickage on the ground, however. Far too wet. I predict a miserable commute home, but probably not as much of a marathon as last week's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

please stall right there:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

decent shower of snow coming down now in Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

"why does it always rain on me":p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

still heavy snow in longford. starting to stick over the wet ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Rain just starting here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

decent shower of snow coming down now in Newbridge.

Is it sticking at all in Newbridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

More sleet getting mixed in now here in CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I think there have been checkpoints set up on the Fermanagh border.. its blocking it getting to south Donegal !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

More snow than rain now in the precip Dublin CC.

It really is trying its best to lash snow.

Come on!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭John mac

turned to sleet here ,

just got a text from the school and the kids will be off tomorrow again

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

anyone know if its snowing in gorey/enniscorthy area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

3.3/-0.7

trim's snowshied holding firm again,bit of light drizzle here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Stradbally rocks! Electric Picnic 2010 here we come. Glad it is seeing some snow. Love it down there, even though I am usually high as a kite most of the time I am in it. :o

Good man i go every year for free i know some of the right people:D,its almost on my door step.

Snow here is holding strong,im a bit low at 75 m but the hills around me are whiteout,mental day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

John mac wrote: »
    turned to sleet here ,

just got a text from the school and the kids will be off tomorrow again

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

redsunset wrote: »
    Good man i go every year for free i know some of the right people:D,its almost on my door step.

Myself and about 10 others may be in touch with you towards July! ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Not a drop of anything here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

sleet/snow mix now... Its starting to come through !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

heavy snow here for about 2 hours now. started as heavy rain about 3-4 hours ago.
    fields and roads are covered again and becoming impassable.
    inistioge/woodstock area, kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jayzbrady

Heavy snow in Westport, not quite sticking yet. It's sticking a bit in the grass in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Is is still snowing in Kilkenny?

Edit : just saw the above post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Rain my arse! :D
    212s5km.jpg
    sxglmx.jpg

Advertisement