Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Yeah, 12Z GFS doesn't have the precip stopping in the east till late tomorrow morning.

Could be bad if it keeps falling as snow.

Is that how 1982 happened ?? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

carthrash.jpg

Feckin rain galway city!, feck it anyway, this is how i have felt over last few weeks! any hope for the west;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

At my parents at the moment, Kilkenny/Carlow border area. Blizzard like conditions here for the past hour or so. Few cm's of snow on the ground. All new snow, as what was here thawed last night in the heavy rain.

By the way, elevation here is just a little under 200m.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Just to let you know that those GFS charts i posted are usually quite reserved.

ghave you got any for the isle of man there dude

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Min wrote: »
    Conditions are really really bad, a full blizzard in areas open to the south east wind. Whiteout conditions, several inches of snow with snow drifting. It really stings the eyes when out in it's full fury. Looking at the forecast it seems it will snow heavily for several hours yet.

still a white out but not quite as heavy as it was.
    try as it might no more snow has accumulated here:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Dont forget to keep an eye on http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/

Seems like floods in the southwest and slush and snow creating problems elsewhere....

Rush hour could be nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Snow been coming down heavy and steady for the past 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

That's it i am convinced that the front has been stopped from crossing the border due to increased security after that Christmas day attack in Detroit. They suspect that the front has white powdery stuff hidden in its under garments. It been held up at the border for over an hour now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

sleety snow in finglas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Going back to the GFS again.

It turns the rain to snow by 9pm across the Dublin Region.

It says Rain at 3pm

Sleety at 6pm

Snow at 9pm --- > 12pm Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It says Rain at 3pm

Sleety at 6pm

I dunno if I'd put that much fate in the exactness of the GFS's precip predictions. Given that it's showing rain/sleet in areas that are getting a full blown blizzard at the moment there could well be proper snow in Dublin well before 9pm. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

irishbird wrote: »
    sleety snow in finglas :mad:

Really?? Ooh!! Come on the snow!!

Don't worry irishbird - its gonna change to the nice white stuff we love so much in Finglas

(snow, the type from the clouds I mean :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote: »
    I bet to differ. I'm leaving for home in about 10 minutes...once the wife gets here...

Best of luck mate, your need all four wheels on that big car!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

this is the most snow i've seen all week here in kilkenny at least 3 inches and so sign of it stopping either just waiting on the text now that the school will remain closed

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

It says Rain at 3pm

Sleety at 6pm

Oh don't tease me...I couldn't bear the dissapointment again.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Don't worry northies - it looks like it might be breaking down the barriers at the border in about an hours time :D I'm far from knowledgable on these matters but it looks that way to me from this ...

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

It says Rain at 3pm

Sleety at 6pm

Well I think we kinda in troubl then - The last Blizzard has put a new cover on the back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Snow flakes are biggin' up in size here but intensity not increasing. Tentative signs of sticking on small surfaces.

Snow shield, still working here.

What times Owenc back from his English lessons? Im looking forward to some entertainment.....Saying that this snooker match is good this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

jenzz wrote: »
    Well I think we kinda in troubl then - The last Blizzard has put a new cover on the back garden

Snowing with you yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

snaps wrote: »
    Snow shield, still working here.

What times Owenc back from his English lessons? Im looking forward to some entertainment.....

Ah no! I like Owenc, he seems to be full on. :D I just love the way he asks a question about "will it snow" and then answer it in the same post!

• Advertisement

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Don't worry northies - it looks like it might be breaking down the barriers at the border in about an hours time :D I'm far from knowledgable on these matters but it looks that way to me from this ...

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

I hate to tell you this but that is working on GMT+1 which means that's now and nothing is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I wonder are the road signs up at Sallygap completely covered over by now?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »
    I wonder are the road signs up at Sallygap completely covered over by now?

If they aren't now they definitely will be come the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

wonder if it will be mentioned on the news about the snow fall ?? doubt it if it doesn't happen in dublin;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Still coming down in Sandyford, not sticking as well as I would like and gone very powdery. Are we confident that this is down for the night?

Ah no! I like Owenc, he seems to be full on. :D I just love the way he asks a question about "will it snow" and then answer it in the same post!

I guess he is watching RTE on satelite.. they have SKY up there too you know !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Still coming down in Sandyford, not sticking as well as I would like and gone very powdery. Are we confident that this is down for the night?

We're confindent something is down for the night, whether it be rain/snow/sleet we're not sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I hope and wish it won't snow. It's just gonna prolong this slushy shít on the roads. Would be grand if there was going to be the possibility of a few days of laying snow but with rain and rising temps forecasted. It's just gonna be a melt to deal with. I'm talking about Dublin in regards to this. Feck off snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

irish1967 wrote: »
    I hate to tell you this but that is working on GMT+1 which means that's now and nothing is happening

Oh nooo!!! 2 hours time?? I'm hoping too much aren't I? Boo :( It's HARDLY gonna go on out to the west and miss us completely is it??? :mad:

in a little while I'm determined to post this....

It's coming down at a powerful rate THICK AND FAST!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(I'll give it until about 8 or 9 and after that I'm absolutly falling out with the weather)

• Advertisement

Snowing with you yea?

3pm heavy sleet , parent called about 3.30 re scouts told her no problems all ok, text sent to all parents by 4pm. Thats how quick it turned - Blizzard effecting N11. Sis rang she pulled off it ( she drives whit snow chains - a pro snow driver). Back garden new covering - bucketingsnow - bit rain /sleet in it but 90% of the white stuff . So if the snow to come till 12 pm tomorrow I can see in being in a bit of bother..

Advertisement