Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I assume knock has suspended flights, no updates on departures or arrivals this afternoon on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

i think that warning should also have mentioned heavy snow with posibble blizzards in connacht, and later in ulster, because that's what happening right now.

Exactly, I've just heard that knock airport has been badly affected, with some flights cancelled, and some cars on the way there went off the road. (anyone going to knock double check this... as apparently it was just reported on Mid West Radio, I didn't hear it myself).

Becareful out there anyone driving, roads full of slush here now.

Still like a blizzard here, snow more wet although it's starting to take hold and I can see white again on roofs, sides of cars, some grass and anything south east facing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

irish1967 wrote: »
    I guess he is watching RTE on satelite.. they have SKY up there too you know !!

& a BBC republic of ireland:D

Bet you its 4FT snow on 36" ice now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Oh nooo!!! 2 hours time?? I'm hoping too much aren't I? Boo :( It's HARDLY gonna go on out to the west and miss us completely is it??? :mad:

in a little while I'm determined to post this....

It's coming down at a powerful rate THICK AND FAST!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(I'll give it until about 8 or 9 and after that I'm absolutly falling out with the weather)

NO that means that its an hour ago ! Those satelite images are what is happening now and in the past. Not in the future. :(:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

snowing in galway!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Up the fields the snow was blowing near parallel to the ground and you could see the snow lifting off the ground,the biggest drift I came across was as high as my lower thigh.
    Just nasty out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

jenzz wrote: »
    & a BBC republic of ireland:D

Bet you its 4FT snow on 36" ice now

Ah Jenzz don't be silly now.. we all know he measures in multiples of 3 FT so it must be 6 FT by now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sillybird wrote: »
    snowing in galway!:D
    Whereabouts? nothing here in the city, Feck it I'm going home before traffic gets crazy again:mad:

People were suggesting here last night that 1982 started like this with rain forecast.. Can one of the experts take a look at the similarities please? Im very curious. & with it detiorating rapidly whats the outlook on the charts ..
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snow getting a little heavier now. Beginning to stick, if slushily, on grass and stuff. Wind down to 12 mph.

• Advertisement

Ah Jenzz don't be silly now.. we all know he measures in multiples of 3 FT so it must be 6 FT by now at least.

So at least 9"

Whoops I mean FT.

No I mean metres

& 15 smilies for that ( since that too is divisable by 3)
    :D:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D

( havent decided whether im ticker off with MET for not warning or whether I actually want snow)

Min wrote: »
    Up the fields the snow was blowing near parallel to the ground and you could see the snow lifting off the ground,the biggest drift I came across was as high as my lower thigh.
    Just nasty out there.

Hoping for some snow rolls so?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/theweekinpictures/6952010/The-week-in-pictures-8-January-2010.html?image=1

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Snow getting a little heavier now. Beginning to stick, if slushily, on grass and stuff. Wind down to 12 mph.

Where about in galway ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

jenzz wrote: »
    People were suggesting here last night that 1982 started like this with rain forecast.. Can one of the experts take a look at the similarities please? Im very curious. & with it detiorating rapidly whats the outlook on the charts ..
    Thanks

Main difference is that in 1982 there was a really cold feed of air to the east.

Don't worry tonight won't be anything at all like 1982.

Rrea00119820108.gif

Tonight

Rtavn121.png

jj72 wrote: »
    Where about in galway ???

Shamtown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Go climb a hill!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Its Back :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow starting to stick to everything here now - including wet roads.

0.9c DP 0.9c

Shamtown

Ah the Fashtesht town in the whest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

wow, nowhere near anything exotic like that...would be interesting :D

• Advertisement

owenc wrote: »
    Go climb a hill!:mad:

We are only messin' Owenc. Stay with us and keep posting your reports. :)

Ah the Fashtesht town in the whest

And the true capital of Ireland ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Naidylady

Snowing in Dundrum, Dublin for the last hour, starting to stick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

if its snowing in dublin, it'll be on the news then.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Seems like just South Dublin is being hit so far.. Dont fancy the chances of it making it over the Liffy, I bet the front is scared of the NthSide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Light snow at SHERKIN ISLAND reported with 8c temp. Has to be a mistake.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jaysus I'm only about 2 miles from Dundrum and nadda, just pelting down rain!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Sleety rain here on the mild northeast coast of Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

snaps wrote: »
    if its snowing in dublin, it'll be on the news then.

You'll have to wait until it hits Dublin 4 for that!

0.9c DP 0.9c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

francosp wrote: »
    Seems like just South Dublin is being hit so far.. Dont fancy the chances of it making it over the Liffy, I bet the front is scared of the NthSide :)

nah there has been recent snow in blanch

Advertisement