Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

started raining here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

What way is the wind blowing ? If you look at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ It seems to be mving over us rapid - Cant see how they intend getting till 12pm out of it.. Unless it swings SE and then that huge big long lenght of the band rather than the width has to move over us ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

am i right in saying this is heading NE and not NW?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

And the true capital of Ireland ;)

the men in white coats can't get there soon enough:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Latest TAF forecast for Dublin airport just mentions sleet till tomorrow, no mention of snow. Hmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I hope and wish it won't snow. It's just gonna prolong this slushy shít on the roads. Would be grand if there was going to be the possibility of a few days of laying snow but with rain and rising temps forecasted. It's just gonna be a melt to deal with. I'm talking about Dublin in regards to this. Feck off snow.
    You have a point there, the Atlantic seems to be just teasing us before it makes its move in a day or two :mad:
    This is why 1982 is still so special after all these years because it didn't turn to slush immediately, instead we got over a week of what I can only describe as alpine weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

jenzz wrote: »
    What way is the wind blowing ? If you look at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ It seems to be mving over us rapid - Cant see how they intend getting till 12pm out of it.. Unless it swings SE and then that huge big long lenght of the band rather than the width has to move over us ...

Its sliding North.

You cant see the radar over Shannon.

The front is wide and gonna stall slowly northwards only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Latest TAF forecast for Dublin airport just mentions sleet till tomorrow, no mention of snow. Hmm...

pfft, don't mind that!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Naidylady wrote: »
    Snowing in Dundrum, Dublin for the last hour, starting to stick now.

woohoo! hope to goodness there's a lovely white blanket out there awaiting my arrival home from work! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

BREAKING NEWS : SNOW HAS BEEN SEEN IN DUBLIN, A bus is stuck and a old lady sliped on a snow flake

:I other news, galway is gone and cork has been destroyed by a meteorite
    More on the snow later :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ok this makes me mad: Knock airport website " We are operating as normal", Ryan air website, "Ireland, Knock airport is closed due to snow"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

N17 blocked at knock airport, truck turned over and blizzard conditions. Gardai recommend anyone going that way find another route.

And apparently there is a special program tonight on TV3 at 8pm 'Frozen Ireland' about the recent weather and Ireland's ability to cope with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

roryc1 wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS : SNOW HAS BEEN SEEN IN DUBLIN, A bus is stuck and a old lady sliped on a snow flake

:D Post of the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

snow ghost wrote: »
    N17 blocked at knock airport, truck turned over and blizzard conditions. Gardai recommend anyone going that way find another route.

And apparently there is a special program tonight on TV3 at 8pm 'Frozen Ireland' about the recent weather and Ireland's inability to cope with it.

FYP

Still nothing Dublin CC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

thomasj wrote: »
    nah there has been recent snow in blanch

is the snow heavy and sticking....???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

snow ghost wrote: »

And apparently there is a special program tonight on TV3 at 8pm 'Frozen Ireland' about the recent weather and Ireland's ability to cope with it.

ability ? someones having dreams...:mad:

:D Post of the day :D

DEFO :D funny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

At Howth its now 2.2c/1.3c

We all need a 1 degree shift and we'll hit the snow, wonder will it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It wasnt an old lady, it was some guy struttin along at 50mph tryin to look cool for the cameras.

irishdub14 wrote: »
    is the snow heavy and sticking....???

more to the point, is the traffic heavy and sticking ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Sherkin Island reporting 8c and light snow....must be a hell of a low dewpoint there....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Ballina update - Wet snow covering cars and roads now, 1-2 inches of slush on roads, Temp 1.0C, DP 0C...

Have been checking radar every 30mins and nothing much over Ballina for past few hours, but we seem to be getting a steady moderate stream of precipitation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

mad DIY wrote: »
    ability ? someones having dreams...:mad:

I'd be fairly certain it'll be referring to Ireland's lack of ability to cope with extreme weather conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

mad DIY wrote: »
    more to the point, it the traffic heavy and sticking ??

im a student who doesnt drive, i dont give a f*ck about the traffic.......just tell me about the snow !! lol

LOL. And in other news, Paul Cunningham has been released from RTE studio captivity to test out his other range of bizarre headwear....

At Howth its now 2.2c/1.3c

We all need a 1 degree shift and we'll hit the snow, wonder will it happen.

Im @ 2.6 & 1 & sneacta - now its wet sneachta but ... Windchill is fierce though - -2.6 & it feels it.

I'd be fairly certain it'll be referring to Ireland's lack of ability to cope with extreme weather conditions.

Undoubtedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

as i can see there is NO snow in Blanch there has been a few flakes

It's more or less stopped here for the past hour or so,just wet sleety stuff. Nice try, but no cigar....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

The wicklow mountains seem to be sucking most of the precipitation
    out of this front.

Advertisement