Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still snowing. Getting colder. 0.8c DP 0.8c Whiteness increasing.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Still snowing. Getting colder. 0.8c DP 0.8c Whiteness increasing.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey! :pac:

really but was the ground not sopping wet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Just spotted on AA - The Ashford/Roundwood Rd (R764) is impassable. Approx. 30 cars are stuck along the R755 near Old Long Hill. Gardaí advise against unnecessary travel in the area.

Those 30 cars are like stuck indeliverance...... Worst place inworld to get stuck !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

:D Typical !! I set up a cam and by the time anything happens here it will be pitch dark !! No street lights out here in the country !!

Howdy all :)

Does anyone think Lucan/ west dublin will get much ,if any snow tonight? or is this just a little sprinkling some Dubs are seeing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mod Rain with sleet amount increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

I am just saying what my brother said it was snowing its didnt stick and it was light snow. Blanchardstown is a big place by the way !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

jenzz wrote: »
    Just spotted on AA - The Ashford/Roundwood Rd (R764) is impassable. Approx. 30 cars are stuck along the R755 near Old Long Hill. Gardaí advise against unnecessary travel in the area.

Those 30 cars are like stuck indeliverance...... Worst place inworld to get stuck !

Hopefully arctictree isn't one of them, I did warn him!! It was dodgy as hell when I came back a couple of hours ago, must be madness there now. God help the people trapped there.
    When you see pictures of cars buried under snow on the internet, they must have had conditions like here for a long time, its just incredible is the only word to describe it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still snowing away here since 1.30pm!! :eek: a nice covering down, would have been a lot more only for the ground was so wet! :(

Yay! Surprise snow!!1! :D

30277.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

So is ulster going to get any snow how much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Just home to maynooth. Snow was sticking and falling heavily in balinteer when I left. Maynooth dry, light intermittent mist but no rain/sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

there was snow in Dublin City around 4pm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

irishdub14 wrote: »
    really but was the ground not sopping wet??

Yes, the ground is wet, but that does not stop it sticking. There was/is still slush on the roads (from previous snow) and that's all white now. If you look at NRA website road temps (for Sandyford anyway) is below freezing.

0.9c DP 0.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »

Not sure how much, but should reach you later on, but given how unpredictably slow the front is moving, it could be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

AA roadwatch saying widespread snow and sleet slowing down traffic in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Jake1 wrote: »
    Howdy all :)

Does anyone think Lucan/ west dublin will get much ,if any snow tonight? or is this just a little sprinkling some Dubs are seeing?

believe ;)

hope so yes...

Last glimpse of my webcam before darkness, you get the idea...

webcam.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

I can send ya up 13 flakes of wet snow for the modest fee of £15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

For anyone in the vicinity interested Mid West are apparently doing a special report on the snow and deteriorating conditions in and around Mayo at 5pm:

http://www.midwestirishradio.com/mwr/index.php

Press listen live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Security Forces seem to have stopped the front at the border a little rogue element sneaked across at 16:30 but was quickly subdued. I assume that once the necessary checks have been made it may be allowed to pass. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Supercell wrote: »
    Hopefully arctictree isn't one of them, I did warn him!! It was dodgy as hell when I came back a couple of hours ago, must be madness there now. God help the people trapped there.
    When you see pictures of cars buried under snow on the internet, they must have had conditions like here for a long time, its just incredible is the only word to describe it.

I remember about 10 years ago getting stuck on top rd in Ballinastoe for 3 days. We got half way down the hill to kilmac hit a snow wall. Turned back couldnt get jeep up @ Calary . Called back, waited for the tractor to come back to pull jeep out & in 30 minutes the snow was up 2 ft. I actually cried with pure fear that night.....

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Moderate rain with the odd bit of sleet in Waterford.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yes, the ground is wet, but that does not stop it sticking. There was/is still slush on the roads (from previous snow) and that's all white now. If you look at NRA website road temps (for Sandyford anyway) is below freezing.

0.9c DP 0.8c

Pretty much the same here. Ground soggy wet but snow showing signs of a general sticking. Temp is 1.1c currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Who said a few pages back that owenc always answers his own question in the same post. :)

snow ghost wrote: »
    For anyone in the vicinity interested Mid West are apparently doing a special report on the snow and deteriorating conditions in and around Mayo at 5pm:

http://www.midwestirishradio.com/mwr/index.php

Press listen live.

Just tuned in. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

deep easterly what are the chances of snow galway region city a few miles past etc, i cant take much more

jenzz wrote: »
    I remember about 10 years ago getting stuck on top rd in Ballinastoe for 3 days. We got half way down the hill to kilmac hit a snow wall. Turned back couldnt get jeep up @ Calary . Called back, waited for the tractor to come back to pull jeep out & in 30 minutes the snow was up 2 ft. I actually cried with pure fear that night.....

I can well believe it , Calary is quite high and very exposed and desolate, not a place to be stuck in on a cold snowy night like tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Quite possible Owen, Enniskillen is down for some according to the UK met office, keep watching the radar to see if it's coimg your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

By 7pm looks like it will only be clearing the far southwest :

3hr-rain.gif

• Advertisement

Tis mad, when the snow gets really heavy you stop seeing individual flakes, it just looks like a fog, really weird, like that last hour or so here.

Advertisement