Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Why are temps rising here but dropping in enniskillen is this the lower dps coming into enniskillen I'm beginning to get very worried now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Min wrote: »
    Started snowing here around 10:30am, didn't stick to non snow surfaces in the beginning but then it went on steroids....

how much snow do you have on the ground now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Maybe im just being a greedy bastard . I just miss Saturdays snow

The good old days ( Sunday Morning )

101918.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

owenc wrote: »
    Why are temps rising here but dropping in enniskillen is this the lower dps coming into enniskillen I'm beginning to get very worried now!!!

Don't worry Owen that thaw you wanted is on its way. The rain there tonight should clear away any remaning snow.
    Should be up to about 8°C by daybreak you lucky man.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

So true. Some people need to get off their high horses.
    This was my forecast (see below) which I predicted early last night.
    I was one of very few predicting any snow today & in fact was ridiculed for even suggesting it. All others were only speaking of thaw's

Ok, here's my forecast for tomorrow.
    Carlow, Portlaoise, Kildare will all have lying snow for at least an hour tomorrow.
    Dublin will see at least falling snow for an hour, though it pbly wont lie.

And yes SA Cork will see rain and likely floods, though I would add at least another day before the flooding risk as ground frozen a foot down wont thaw that quickly. Wednesday will be the flood day after the rain has passed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

This is so unexpected!

Heavy snow in the Rathfarnham/Nutgrove area for the last hour or so at least. It's almost on a par at this stage with the heavy snowfall we saw last Saturday night. Most of the ground and the cars etc. is back covered in white. I'm no expert but it still seems like a slightly wet, sleety snow. Definitely mainly snow but temps. probbo have to drop another 0.5 Celsius or so for it to be really white and soft and stick more readily.

I was in town earlier on and it was 90% rain all the time. As I drove back into the suburbs though you could see more and more snow mixing in. Was really cool. If it gets below freezing tonight though we're screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Your central heating has probably just come on, is it on a timer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

How is Dublin getting a Blizzard and Kildare sees nothing . Not even rain ?

There's no blizzard in Dublin, except for the people that live half way up a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snaps wrote: »
    Then my worry is whats happening at Stansted. There seems to be a nasty Low forming above france and moving NE into SE England!

100112_0000_36.png

100112_0000_42.png

clutching at straws, but it'd be nice if that low moved over towards us eventually.

that does look nasty for london though if it comes across.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Well the rain has made it to Navan, what are the chances of this turning to snow over the course of this "event" (look at me go with the lingo! :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The question is can the Dublin region get this crucial 1c.

Some areas only need another .5c fall.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Boring crappy rain here with freezing wind , the sort that whips your face raw with the wind....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What is up with the met radars?
    Its virtually useless recently, why do we have billions to bail out feckers like fingers Fingleton and yet wont give Met Eireann a couple of working radars!!
    I know which one i'd rather my taxes spent on.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

kopp wrote: »
    Snow in D14
    Supercell wrote: »
    Don't worry Owen that thaw you wanted is on its way. The rain there tonight should clear away any remaning snow.
    Should be up to about 8°C by daybreak you lucky man.

Well haha to you temps have just dropped here looking at xc weather eglinton/ londonderry station has a temp of 3c and a dp of 0c so it must be the dew points.... i'd say Its 2c -1c Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oseBF9Qf6MQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fjgcC8Y1g

try these links. Hope they will work. Good reminders as to why it's just as well we are coming to the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

What's a Londonderry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Davo D wrote: »
    There's no blizzard in Dublin, except for the people that live half way up a mountain.

I don't live half way up a mountain - D14 - ok we're close but still and it's blizzarding outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Well haha to you temps have just dropped here looking at xc weather eglinton/ londonderry station has a temp of 3c and a dp of 0c so it must be dps i'd say Its 2c -1c dp!!!

Thats a wonderful technical analysis. Im 10 miles ish from Super - But I sure as hell aint gonna get the same weather as him & i certainly aint 1deg lower than him. Im another 10 ish from WC and same again....

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oseBF9Qf6MQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fjgcC8Y1g

try these links. Hope they will work. Good reminders as to why it's terrible its coming to the end!
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

jenzz wrote: »
    Thats a wonderful technical analysis. Im 10 miles ish from Super - But I sure as hell aint gonna get the same weather as him & i certainly aint 1deg lower than him. Im another 10 ish from WC and same again....

Any build up down in Bre Bray ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

This was my forecast (see below) which I predicted early last night.
    I was one of very few predicting any snow today & in fact was ridiculed for even suggesting it. All others were only speaking of thaw's

Ok, here's my forecast for tomorrow.
    Carlow, Portlaoise, Kildare will all have lying snow for at least an hour tomorrow.
    Dublin will see at least falling snow for an hour, though it pbly wont lie.

And yes SA Cork will see rain and likely floods, though I would add at least another day before the flooding risk as ground frozen a foot down wont thaw that quickly. Wednesday will be the flood day after the rain has passed

This was my forecast that I predicted even earlier last night, and I know nothing! Your forecast was wrong because you didn't mention Mayo that had blizzards today:

For what it's worth (possibly less than minimum wage smile.gif) to all snow lovers out there, in my experience, the biggest snow falls always came out of the blue in scenarios like the one we have now approaching us... usually after a forecast for heavy rain.

Heavy rain would start and then turn to sleet then the heaviest snow ever... puddles of rain water would be engulfed within minutes of settling pure powdery snow - white out!

Mother Nature likes to flirt and she has been flashing a bit of leg at us for the past few weeks, tomorrow could well be the day when she strips off. eek.gif

Nahnanananahhhhhhhhhhh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

What's a Londonderry?

Its like a British Isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What's a Londonderry?
    Too rite , this aint boards.uk

What's a Londonderry?

omg do not start this Derry!!!! That is the name of the friggen station flip sake people decide the name of this city before I have a heartatake!!! Good god!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

whats a heartatake? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

omg do not start this Derry!!!! That is the name of the friggen station flip sake people decide the name of this city before I have a heartatake!!! Good god!!!
    In all fairness , dont be shocked ,you are always going to get a reaction posting that name on an irish forum.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Mmcd wrote: »
    FYP

BIYF.
    I love snow too! Don't like seeing people hurt though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Any build up down in Bre Bray ?

The fada had a slight rise in DP there - 1.3( trog's) so turned heavy sleet again.. But weirdly under the table in the flower bed is now white officially - Grass is slushy but you can see the ice on it.. Havent been around the front yet - But to head out in a while so ill report back on the locality

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

star-pants wrote: »
    I don't live half way up a mountain - D14 - ok we're close but still and it's blizzarding outside.

i can confirm the blizzarding in D14! i can see it lodging on the roofs of the houses nearby. can't tell if it's lodging on the grass though as we're too high up to see clearly & there is still some lying snow from the weekend there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

irishdub14 wrote: »
    whats a heartatake? :)

its when a mot takes yer heart

Advertisement