Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of putting bag on a plane

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm travelling to Canada as part of my degree course next September. However I am going to California for 2months before hand so instead of coming back to Ireland before I go to Canada I hope to get a bag >15kg sent out from Ireland.
    Has anyone done this before? Is it safe and is it expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

i was looking to send a snowboard bag back from canada last year.. was gonna be over 15kg as i was gonna stuff it.. estimates i found were between around 200-300 dollars.. with shipping companies...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check with courier companies like DHL and UPS. Much cheaper for it to be done at their pace than yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

This really isn't a travel query.

I suggest you price it up with UPS/DHL (as Victor suggests) and An Post and be sure to take insurance on it if you're planning to send anything valuable.

I can't think of anywhere else to move this, so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement