Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking roof - short-term fix and company recommendations (Munster)

• 11-01-2010 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Another tale of woe ;) I've been up in our attic and a number of slates are missing. With the amount of snow and rain (stopped for now thankfully) coming in, it has begun dripping into one of the bedrooms. I plan to call someone tomorrow in Munster area but Golden Pages is full of contractors. Can anyone recommend someone down South?

Its likely they won't be able to come for a few days though. In the meantime, what should I use to plug the missing slates? They are above a part of my attic floor that is not floored (to get whole thing done was too expensive) so I am a little worried about crossing over on the beams. I was thinking plastic (a couple of those council recycling bags and nails to secure it?Many thanks :o

Advertisement