Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Hull- Saturday

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Ok lads, Hull next Saturday at home. Should be a home banker although they won 2-1 at the Lane last season. :o

I'm going for 3-0.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

el diablo wrote: »
    Ok lads, Hull next Saturday at home. Should be a home banker although they won 2-1 at the Lane last season. :o

I'm going for 3-0.

Was at the game last season and we were useless and they were on a roll - depressing day all round
    Should be a handy enough game but with the results like stoke this season I'd be wary. Could be 5-0 but I'll setlle for 1-0 but I reckon it'll be 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't care what way we do it but we need to win our next two league games, against Hull & Fulham. Both at home, both giving us a chance to maybe open up a gap between us and the rest.

No doubt Hull will study the Wolves & Stoke games and will play in the same way, we just have to hope that our lads are more up for it than they were in those two games and that they play better.

I'm going for 2 - 0, Nikko and Defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't care what way we do it but we need to win our next two league games, against Hull & Fulham. Both at home, both giving us a chance to maybe open up a gap between us and the rest.

No doubt Hull will study the Wolves & Stoke games and will play in the same way, we just have to hope that our lads are more up for it than they were in those two games and that they play better.

I'm going for 2 - 0, Nikko and Defoe.
    +1.

And if things start to not go our way, i'd like Harry to change the formation to 3 at the back, or 3 upfront, something/anything to shake things up a bit. We know what Hull will do!! If we keep things the same and get more and more desperate it plays into these teams hands. Hopefully either Harry will have learnt how to deal with the Wolves/Stoke type situation.

Better still we we just score an early goal and put them away 4-0!

+1.

And if things start to not go our way, i'd like Harry to change the formation to 3 at the back, or 3 upfront, something/anything to shake things up a bit. We know what Hull will do!! If we keep things the same and get more and more desperate it plays into these teams hands. Hopefully either Harry will have learnt how to deal with the Wolves/Stoke type situation.

Better still we we just score an early goal and put them away 4-0!

thats the one thing i use to like about ramos - he was never afraid to change things to chase a game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

If we score early I'm going for 5-0
    If we leave it a while then I reckon 2-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

el diablo wrote: »

I'm going for 3-0.

A home banker? like stoke and wolves?! they beat us one nil last year at the lane, depressing game , was at it. Id take a one nil win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

If we score first we'll win if not we'll lose/draw 3-1 win hopefully this on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

If we score first we'll win if not we'll lose/draw 3-1 win hopefully this on tv?

It is being shown live on a few foreign channels but seeing that Chelski and Man U both have 3pm fixtures on Saturday, it may be difficult to find a pub that is showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

^ Sopcast it is so.

What's the story with the Liverpool game? When's it recheduled for? Would have liked to get the 3 points right now while they're looking megash*t.

Kold wrote: »
    ^ Sopcast it is so.

What's the story with the Liverpool game? When's it recheduled for? Would have liked to get the 3 points right now while they're looking megash*t.

Yeah that's what I wanted too. The only positive is that Liverpool are away to Stoke and if they continue playing as they have they'll hopefully draw or lose it, meaning a win for us will pull us even further ahead of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Kold wrote: »
    ^ Sopcast it is so.

What's the story with the Liverpool game?

Going by the fixture list on Spurs web page, its being played on Wed 20th Jan at 8pm. Not sure if its on da box!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

All services to and from Cheshunt to Stratford for Saturday's home match against Hull will be formed by eight carriages, and will serve Northumberland Park all day.

Services to/from White Hart Lane will run to an improved frequency and will be formed by eight carriages all day.

CLICK HERE for the timetable in pdf format...

ENGINEERING WORKS

Due to engineering works, Buses will replace Trains between Hertford East/Bishops Stortford and Cheshunt.

Additionally there will be no service to London Liverpool Street, passengers are advised to travel via the Central Line to Stratford or the Victoria Line to Seven Sisters/Tottenham Hale.

To view a full timetable for the day which shows all the services north and south of Cheshunt CLICK HERE ...

Link here

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/travel/news/travelupdatehull130110a.html

COYS

01 Gomes
    03 Bale
    19 Bassong
    20 Dawson
    22 Corluka
    06 Huddlestone
    12 Palacios
    14 Modric
    21 Kranjcar
    10 Keane
    18 Defoe

Liverpool drew so chance to open a 6 point gap before wednesday Never a better time then now for Bale to break his hodoo never started a game and won

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bale is playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Are Hull parking the bus? Let's hope it's not another Stoke/Wolves. :eek:

Hull just playing to run the clock down Bale playing very well stand out so far Myhill made a few very good saves from palacios,Keane and defoe

I'm already getting nervous. We're all over them and their keeper is having a blinder. Defoe should've put that chance away though. Bale has been excellent though we should maybe consider bringing Crouch on soon to mix things up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sounds familiar,Bus parked and keeper having a blinder:rolleyes:

And that's Wilson suspended for the Liverpool game.

• Advertisement

Another double save from the keeper,ffs !!

And Myhill again with a simply stunning double save. It's going to take something special to get past him. I wish Spurs were as pumped as he is!!

tippspur wrote: »
    Sounds familiar,Bus parked and keeper having a blinder:rolleyes:
    And that's Wilson suspended for the Liverpool game.
    Ahh ****,you sure ?

Yup, he was on 4 before this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

And Hunt to score a late winner for Hull. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

lads the game is available on atdhe.net if ya wanna watch it. I am!!!

Yup, he was on 4 before this game.

i think they have changed that now lads - not 100 % sure , but if you get 5 bookings in the first half of the season you get suspended after christams its a letter and a warning

i think they have changed that now lads - not 100 % sure , but if you get 5 bookings in the first half of the season you get suspended after christams its a letter and a warning

Hopefully! We'll need him against the Pool.

Myhill - man-of-the-f**king match. The prick!

• Advertisement

What a load of absolute garbage. We absolutely pummelled them from start to finish. They had one chance and it wasn't even on target. They just sat back and defended and had one out of this world performance. I hate these poxy teams. Yet we can't seem to beat them at home. We've now lost 7 points at home to teams that could well be relegated this season. Absolutely not acceptable. I don't know what needs to be done to fix this but it's ruining our chances of getting into the top 4. We now need City to lose to prevent them going 4 points ahead of us.

Cack of the highest order.

Advertisement