Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Hull- Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

nil all full time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

more vital points dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Come to the Lane, play 8 men at the back. ****sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Balls to that

8 points lost at home to stoke wolves and hull - a nice reminder that liverpools game on wednesday wont be a foregone conclusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Just saw the last 30 mins there and that was pretty much the most 1-sided bit of football i've ever seen.

Cannot believe we couldn't score.

What else could we have done though with the players we had available?

• Advertisement

Teams think a point at the lane is good now so they sit back at the end Hull where playing a 5-5-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's fair disappointing,same old story with these teams throwing everything into defending.Harry has to come up with some tactics to beat this kind of crap.but what can you do.:mad:

Again our lack of a top top quality goal-scorer, just to put the ball in the back of the net lets us down. If Defoe doesn't do it, we are struggling.

The defence has kept its SIXTH clean-sheet in a row, the midfield dominated that game start to finish, its so frustrating if we had one extra special striker up there we would have won that game comfortably again.

Its really is so frustrating!

Well at least Hull didn't get a late goal and win it thankfully, is that six clean sheets in a row for us now ? at least that's something going right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

This is just ****in typical, dropping points to the ****e teams that should be easily put away.

I really wish Jenas and Huddlestone would be ****ed off too. Just not the players you need for a top four challenge. Not just from todays performance mind you. I can't stand them. Huddlestone may have the odd good day, but he's nowhere near Wilson. Jenas always has and will resemble a headless chicken running around the field to me.

Am half put off by Crouch too, can get goals from headers, but doesn't score enough. Harry's method may be for him to knock it down for Defoe but that doesn't happen often enough either.

At the same time, all credit to Myhill.

• Advertisement

Kastiel wrote: »
    This is just ****in typical, dropping points to the ****e teams that should be easily put away.

I really wish Jenas and Huddlestone would be ****ed off too. Just not the players you need for a top four challenge. Not just from todays performance mind you. I can't stand them. Huddlestone may have the odd good day, but he's nowhere near Wilson. Jenas always has and will resemble a headless chicken running around the field to me.

Am half put off by Crouch too, can get goals from headers, but doesn't score enough. Harry's method may be for him to knock it down for Defoe but that doesn't happen often enough either.

At the same time, all credit to Myhill.
    This is the problem. Crouch is a 1 goal in 4 games man (with us its been more like 1 in 5 games). I don't care what anyone says, its just not good enough for a team looking to challenge Top 4. Its bloody goals that win games, not flick-ons.

I thought that all the yellows didn't count after 1 jan So it started again? So we should have evryone available for wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

I think all yellows are wiped at the start of the new year.

City Drew so not the end of the world but the pressure is on wednesday COYS

Good result for us,I think we will perform better against Liverpool on Wednesday night,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

2 nil draw? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Everton beat City 2-0 so Spurs stay 4th for the moment.

Very poor result v Hull. I don't care how well the goalie played, no top 4 team will drop points at home to Hull (or Stoke or Wolves). :o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Kold wrote: »
    2 nil draw? :pac:
    Better still,at least we remain 4th for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, firstly can we be careful with the fruity language, dont want any complaints etc...Cheers.

Didn't see any of it, but heard there keeper was superb. More points dropped at home. Wednesday is a must win now. Talk about putting pressure on ourselves :rolleyes:

I said in another thread the other day that I didn't think we could string 5 or 6 wins together to put us right in the mix, unfortunately today proved this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Watched it live in town
    Should have won easily.
    Just couldn't finish our chances.
    When the finishes were good their keeper was outstanding.

Keane missed a nailed on tap in mid way through the 2nd half.
    Everyone in the pub were cheering before he touched it.
    Horrible miss

Defoe missed an easy one-on-one under no pressure in the 1st half.
    It actually was a decent save but he never should have given the keeper a sniff of it.

All in all, it's a bit of a setback but no a total disaster. We can make ammends on Wednesday. I hope to Christ Lennon is back for that one. I still think 4th place will be decided on the last day and they we will need to beat Burnely and hope other results go our way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

2 points dropped today. Add them to the 6 we dropped to Stoke & Wolves and it doesn't help our cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I was at the game and didn't think that we played that well. OK their keeper had a blinder but it was only in the last 30 minutes that we pushed ahead with any great urgency. We should have pummelled them from the start. The crowd around me were on Keane's back from the start but to my mind he did more than Defoe Crouch did make a difference but it seems that defenders can foul him all day without being penalised. It is not his fault but he is becoming a liability because of that. We need another goalscorer if we are going to push ahead - I think that we had that guy but we sent him to Sunderland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Extremely disapointed with the result today. Without Lennon we looked half the team that we have been.

I'd say the lad's really did try but it was just one of those days when nothing would go right. The ref was a tosser and Hull parked the bus and of course their keeper had a fantastic performance. I was more upset about the Stoke and Everton games tbh but all the same, Hull at home should really have been a banker 3 points

Anyway a few quick snaps I took from the game:-

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

2 points dropped but at least we played well and gave it our. Would have been worse for me if we couldnt even create a chance!!!
    Myhill was in unreal form!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

WHL wrote: »
    I was at the game and didn't think that we played that well. OK their keeper had a blinder but it was only in the last 30 minutes that we pushed ahead with any great urgency. We should have pummelled them from the start. The crowd around me were on Keane's back from the start but to my mind he did more than Defoe !!

at the game myself and toally agree with this.

we were good without being great and i feel defoe was not in the game at all til crouch came on but i felt it should have been defoe for crouch instead of keane.

on the plus side dawson and bale had brlliant games. really impressed with bale yesterday. corluka on the other hand was a let down. his crossing was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Keane missed a nailed on tap in mid way through the 2nd half.
    Everyone in the pub were cheering before he touched it.
    Horrible miss

All in all, it's a bit of a setback but no a total disaster. We can make ammends on Wednesday. I hope to Christ Lennon is back for that one. I still think 4th place will be decided on the last day and they we will need to beat Burnely and hope other results go our way.

Saw Robbies miss, poor alrite.
    Dont think lennon will be back til Leed at best :(

Very tough run of games before Burnely on last day, Man Utd, goons and Chelsea, that run could decide it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we have a real problem at home against the lesser teams, we are not able to break them down. that will come with experience but it could cost us a lot this season

palacious is not out for the pool, all wiped clean on jan 1st

their keeper played a blinder but people going on about his double save from modric and keane are just wrong. he saved modric's shot but keane decided to kick the ball off his head rather then put it in the net. myhill was lying on the ground, keane was 2 yds out and decided to put the ball in the one and only place myhill could have saved it - off his head. miss of the season in my opinion. he threw his hands up to the crowd then as if to say "what more can i do", id say they were giving him some stick.

lots and lots of dropped points at home is a major problem. we have to learn how to break these teams down.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

For me it's yet another example why Keane should be moved on again / never have been taken back. Not saying that Crouch is perfect either but we desperatley need another top striker to partner JD.

I have been thinking about the reports that we have one of the best squads in the league. Do we really. OK, there are 8 defenders that can be rotated but who else do we have. No back-up to Gomes, only 6 midfielders and 3 forwards. Will this be enough in the run-in. OK there are other players but when do they get a look in. When did we last see Bentley, Dos Santos or Pavlyuchenko get a decent run-out in a Premier League game. If Harry doesn't trust them to do the job, we need to move them on before the end of the month and get players that he could use. I think that he should bring O'Hara back as a squad player. Has done a decent job for us in the past, is naturally left-footed and has shown at Portsmouth that he is up to Premier League level. Also he seems to care about Tottenham

• Advertisement

Must add that there was a class comment from some guy near me yesterday in the Paxton. One of our subs was changing his top with about ten minutes to go when the guy in front pointed out that we might be bringing on a third sub. The quick response from his mate was 'Nah mate - he's going home' That was my highlight although I must agree that Dawson and Bale played very well. Hasn't Dawson really matured. In the past I have seen him as playing very well when he was the junior partner to King or Woodgate but being really nervous and making mistakes when he was the main central defender. That has really changed this season. At present I couldn't see him dropping out if King and Woodie were both back to full fitness

Advertisement