Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing My own book?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

Would anyone know if it is possible to print a novel?
    It is actually my friend who wrote it, not for commercial purposes but as a labour of love and I would love to have it printed like a proper novel for her to give to friends and family, thought it would be a nice gesture.

Is it possible to have it printed in Ireland with a coloured cover and if so where?
    And would anyone know the cost to have maybe 50 made?

Thanks for your help and time!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

lulu.com is one place but the shipping could be very dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Ive used Lulu.com before. I got a 72 page full color A5 book printed. It came to just over €20 for printing and delivery. If it were black and white (which yours would be, presumably) it would have been nearly half that. Also the more you order the less it costs per book. And the more books the less delivery will cost.

Lulu also have publisher grade paper which is about 30% cheaper to print, but delivery is higher as its printed in the US (as opposed to Sweden for normal paper). If your ordering 50 in one go though it could work out cheaper.

Publish Books on Lulu.com.

My book came out great by the way. Id certainly recommend them.

Advertisement