Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking in.

• 11-01-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15 foreman1916

well let me put the question to boardies, is drinking in, instead of drinking in a pub a bad idea??????

my reasons for asking the question is that i believe that drinking in, instead of going out is probablely one worst things a person can do, for there health and i believe in years to come this will come to haunt people and there will be a large increase in the numbers getting liver disease and other drinking related diseases due to drinking in. My view is that when drinking out you a limited by time and money to the amount which you can drink, whereas when drinking in you dont have these constrains so people can find themself drinking them self to an early death from drinking in. This idea of drinking in has become popular due to price of drink out and drink driving and bad taxi's in rural areas. i believe something has to be done or there will be serious problems in future years. im not saying to ban people from drink in cause i enjoy a drink in but there has to some way of motioring people drink habits when there at home or even only sell drinks with low alcohol concentration drinks and limiting amount aloud to be brought at one time. this is serious. hope that this can help show people how bad it can be and to be responsible when drinking in, incase it leads to acloholism and drink related diseases in the future.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Sweet jesus man thats just a solid block of text right there.

I've tried to read it about three times and just cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Sorry I read the first sentence.

Im drinking in so I couldnt cope with that 2nd massive paragraph.:o

It rawks btw;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The money I save by drinking at home will cover all potential medical bills in the future. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Wazdakka wrote: »

I just read your reply and didnt bother with the op's.. way easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

well let me put the question to boardies, is drinking in, instead of drinking in a pub a bad idea??????

my reasons for asking the question is that i believe that drinking in, instead of going out is probablely one worst things a perso

n can do, for there health and i believe in years to come this will come to haunt people and there will be a large increase in the numbers getting liver disease and other drinking related diseases due to drin

king in. My view is that when drinking out you a limited by time and money to the amount which you can drink, whereas

when drinking in you dont have these constrains so people can find themself drinking them self to an early death from

drinkin

g in. This idea of drinking in has become popular due to price of drink out and drink driving and bad taxi's in rural a

reas. i believe something has to be done or there will be serious problems in future years. im not saying to ban people from drink in cause i enjoy a drink in but there has to so

me way of motioring people drink habits when there at home or even only sell drinks with low alcohol concentration drinks and limiting amount aloud to be brought
    at one time. this is serious. hope th

at this can help show people how bad it can be and to be responsible when drinking in, incase it leads to acloholism and drink related diseases in the future.
    FYP, hope this helps everyone ;)

• Advertisement

jumpguy wrote: »
    FYP, hope this helps everyone ;)

tl;dr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaeger 90

Wazdakka wrote: »

Its a solid block of bollox is what it is, I get less drunk when in usually because I'v no time restraints and generally more relaxed, like most people I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Yeh, but.. who has work tommorow:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

quote]

FYP Mark11.

Drinking in is the bomb. Uncomfortable drinking wine in a pub but it's my prefered tipple (that and beer).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I always stay in and drink. I have a furry cup which I drink from regularly and I can only drink from it at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your right, drinking in is the new heroin. We should ban roofs and windows to make it less pleasurable for the scum who do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Over the Christmas I saved myself a fortune staying at home drinking including any potential hospital bills for walking out in this weather. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

People often drink more in a bar due to the excessive music making it too loud to talk, the heat in the place making you more thirsty and social nervousness.

Do you yourself drink more at home? I'm fairly sure I drink more when I go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Why not also limit the tap water per day just incase they drink too much water and it kills them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Loopy wrote: »
    Yeh, but.. who has work tommorow:(

Go to bed, Tina Tunapants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

No.
    My view is that when drinking out you a limited by time and money to the amount which you can drink, whereas when drinking in you dont have these constrains
    Awesome. So my money can buy infinite alcohol in an offy now? Who knew.

Edit: And I'll be made immortal by avoiding pubs? Damn, I already have gone to some. Guess I'll not be immortal now. Why wasn't I told before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

If people drink too much simply because they can afford to buy more alcohol, well I'm afraid that they're idiots. It's called self control, know your limits.

That said though I don't really see why you think people who stay in are automatically going to go so overboard that they'd damage their livers. Bit sensationalist don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Would you also like to ban sharp objects, matches, fatty foods and anything else that might impinge upon our health? The critcial words are "our health". Why should you or anybody else have any say in it whatsoever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm in tonight, I'm drunk. You're making no sense op/ :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I drink less when drinking in,mainly because after a few pints in a pub it leads to a load of whiskey in a club.

Lack of cop on leads to silly threads me thinks.

Edit: Oh,and money constraints will always apply,unless the OP knows of a fantastic Off licence which hands out free crates?

• Advertisement

Go to bed, Tina Tunapants
    Rabble rabble..
    Post reported, Rabble rabble..

Also... I told your mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

....but there has to some way of motioring people drink habits when there at home or even only sell drinks with low alcohol concentration drinks and limiting amount aloud to be brought at one time. this is serious. hope that this can help show people how bad it can be and to be responsible when drinking in, incase it leads to acloholism and drink related diseases in the future.

All I can say is I hope you don't ever get into a position of power/government. Monitor this, control that, impose limits - what ever happened to people making their own choices about how they live their life?

In any case I don't think people are likely to drink alot more when at home than when they're out, if anything I'd say the opposite is true. Yes you are right in that in general nowadays young people drink too much, myself included. But the last thing we need is the government trying to impose more limits on what we can and can't do. Those chancers no longer have the right to tell anyone what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

My view is that when drinking out you a limited by time and money to the amount which you can drink, whereas when drinking in you dont have these constrai

I find it the exact opposite. When I'm drinking 'in' I find myself drinking a lot less. I'm not being constricted to stupid closing times i.e. less binge drinking (the worst kind) due to the bar closing, being on 'rounds' with people that drink you under the table. It's also hard to leave a pub when there's a good buzz etc. Drinking at home is the way forward..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i tried the drinking at home friday night but ran out of beer and with only a bottle of vso left on the table decided to go to the pub, got even more drunk in the pub, then came home and drank some more until i passed out. I don't think it makes a difference where you drink' the main thing is that you get drunk. As for me health, shane mc gowan is still alive and he drinks way more than me and he seems fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Just sitting in your house alone getting pi$$ed is a bit cr*p.

If there are loads of people in the house with you then it's a bit of craic. It's good fun to meet up with your mates and relax with a few drinks in the house and have a bit of a catch up (and I don't even drink).

But I have to admit that I like going to the pub to chat to lots of different people especially those you don't expect to meet when out and there's bugger all cleaning up to so afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Common sense should tell you when enough is enough whether you're in or out.

Know your limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

cloneslad wrote: »
    Just sitting in your house alone getting pi$$ed is a bit cr*p.

Who's saying you have to get pissed? You can enjoy a few drinks a home to relax if you want. The French don't drink wine to get 'pissed', they drink it because they like it. The Irish way is to get pissed alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

jumpguy wrote: »

my reasons for asking the question is that i believe that drinking in, instead of going out is probablely one worst things a perso

n can do, for there health and i believe in years to come this will come to haunt people and there will be a large increase in the numbers getting liver disease and other drinking related diseases due to drin

king in. My view is that when drinking out you a limited by time and money to the amount which you can drink, whereas

when drinking in you dont have these constrains so people can find themself drinking them self to an early death from

drinkin

g in. This idea of drinking in has become popular due to price of drink out and drink driving and bad taxi's in rural a

reas. i believe something has to be done or there will be serious problems in future years. im not saying to ban people from drink in cause i enjoy a drink in but there has to so

me way of motioring people drink habits when there at home or even only sell drinks with low alcohol concentration drinks and limiting amount aloud to be brought
    at one time. this is serious. hope th

at this can help show people how bad it can be and to be responsible when drinking in, incase it leads to acloholism and drink related diseases in the future.

Sorry Jumpguy,

Some words there threw me way off .. you drinking in again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There's only a certain amount you can drink no matter where you are, so the drinking out agument doesn't hold any water there. If you're at home without hte pressure of going to the bar or observing closing times then theres a chance you won't drink as fast, plus I always drink faster when I'm out, I dunno if its from nerves or what but I do. So basically there's nothing wrong with drinking at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

my reasons for asking the question is that i believe that drinking in, instead of going out is probablely one worst things a person can do, for there health and i believe in years to come this will come to haunt people and there will be a large increase in the numbers getting liver disease and other drinking related diseases due to drinking in. My view is that when drinking out you a limited by time and money to the amount which you can drink, whereas when drinking in you dont have these constrains so people can find themself drinking them self to an early death from drinking in. This idea of drinking in has become popular due to price of drink out and drink driving and bad taxi's in rural areas. i believe something has to be done or there will be serious problems in future years. im not saying to ban people from drink in cause i enjoy a drink in but there has to some way of motioring people drink habits when there at home or even only sell drinks with low alcohol concentration drinks and limiting amount aloud to be brought at one time. this is serious. hope that this can help show people how bad it can be and to be responsible when drinking in, incase it leads to acloholism and drink related diseases in the future.

have u ran out drink and got bored?

Advertisement