Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yes to carrots?

• 11-01-2010 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I've heard some wonderful things about the 'Yes to Carrots' skin care range and i was looking for some feedback on them?

I recently started using their moisturiser and seem to be coming out in a slight rash from it across my cheeks. Im curious, as i bought the product because it claimed to be paraben free and I have had allergic reactions in the past.

So...i was wondering if anybody has had the similar reaction to this product or other products, and if so could they recommend a good moisturiser? Its just hard to pinpoint what ingredients i should avoid so im hoping somebody who has it figuerd out could help :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

i bought the book 'beaut.ie' and in it they recommend say yes to carrots. I am planning to buy their face cream as well. does it have spf in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

I have never tried yest to carrots, but I can recommend avene : www.aveneusa.com - people with allergies and extremely dry or sensitive skin use with good results, I used to use their cosmetics (including powders and foundations) in the past and was really happy with them. Another good brand is La Roche Posay - they have the whole range of great products for really sensitive skin: http://www.laroche-posay.com/index.aspx. Have you tried Simple?: http://www.simple.co.uk/ They are cheap enough and do the job for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I found their daytime moisturiser to be quite greasy. It just sat on my skin rather than sinking in and was difficult to remove when washing my face.

Have you tried other ranges, like Yes To Cucumber. Lighter and fresher than normal moisturiser I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi all!

I've heard some wonderful things about the 'Yes to Carrots' skin care range and i was looking for some feedback on them?

I recently started using their moisturiser and seem to be coming out in a slight rash from it across my cheeks. Im curious, as i bought the product because it claimed to be paraben free and I have had allergic reactions in the past.

So...i was wondering if anybody has had the similar reaction to this product or other products, and if so could they recommend a good moisturiser? Its just hard to pinpoint what ingredients i should avoid so im hoping somebody who has it figuerd out could help :)

I dont like the moisturuser at all and if you and afford it Lancome anti sress one is brill and lasts ages. I llove the yes to carrots shower gel, body butter is brill as I have very dry skin and the hair mash leaves the hair really soft and not oily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I have sensitive skin and tried Yes to Carrots - think it was some body moisturiser I tried. Was at work and a girl there had it. Put it on my arm and immediately came out in a rash from it. 2 of the girls I work with had the same reaction to it.

I use Lancome Hydrazen Neurocalm moisturiser for my face (day & night cream), and E45 body butter as a body moisturiser - have learnt its best to stick to what you know doesn't affect you.
    You could ask at a Lancome counter for samples of their moisturiser before you buy - I have always found them very helpful in BT normally. Although have started buying it in Duty Free as its only €31 there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

thank you all for your feedback!!

i should have clarified that i love the shower gel, exfoliator and body butter.....any of the body products i suppose, and, strangely enough, the make up remover works wonders.

ive tried so many brands from the cheap (Simple, Garnier etc.) to the medium (Le Roche Posay and Vichy) and even more expensive brands like Dermalogica and Dr. Haushka, all with bad effects.

I went into Tescos today and picked up a tube of Aveeno's Ultra-Calming moisturiser. There are 2 i think, one with SPF10 and another without. So far it glides on well and sinks in without any reactions and my red cheeks are calming down a bit :)

ill definitely look into the Avene range as it sounds suitable but its nice to be able to get something quite cheap and easily available :)

Advertisement