Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsuccessful Log-ins

Options
  • 11-01-2010 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Just got 2 emails that someone attempted to log-in to my account (5 times each time) from bizarre an IP addresses.

Aside from the mandatory password change, is there anything else I should be doing here? Kinda weird and I've had issues in the pass with people obtaining access to my account to perform nefarious acts.

Any more advice?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Feedback. No, I don't think there's anything you can do; it's probably a consequence of having an actual given name as your username, which makes it one that bots will have a go at. Once your password is fairly strong (not a dictionary word, or similar to one) you should be OK.

I'll defer to more experienced admins, though, in case there's more to it.

Advertisement