Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

really surprised with how good borderlands is

• 11-01-2010 4:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

hi just really got into borderlands after mw2 etc and WOW its pure class im so happy i bought it!

anyone else a serious fan?
    i for one will be looking for a sequel!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep. My game of the year... And for a year with quality games like Ass Creed 2 an Arkham Asylum, that's saying a lot!
    Get the zombie island DLC when you've finished the game, well worth the money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Its a great game in co op, its mad that the publishers pretty much ''sent it to die'' the week before MW2 came out and its now one of the success stories of last year!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I like it alot - plenty of criticisms though.

I hate the way enemies respawn after a certain amount of time - you could spend half an hour clearing an area out only for you to walk around a corner and then come back to find all the enemies have respawned. This is especially hateful when you have to retrieve something before retracing your steps all the way back through - I end up just sprinting by all the enemies cos I can't be arsed dealing with them all again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I like it alot - plenty of criticisms though.

I hate the way enemies respawn after a certain amount of time - you could spend half an hour clearing an area out only for you to walk around a corner and then come back to find all the enemies have respawned. This is especially hateful when you have to retrieve something before retracing your steps all the way back through - I end up just sprinting by all the enemies cos I can't be arsed dealing with them all again.

This is my biggest gripe, and I almost gave up on the game yesterday due to it. I would've thought that game designers would know by now that most people can't stand having to kill the same enemies more than once when revisiting somewhere so I don't understand it in Borderlands.

Outside that it's very enjoyable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Its a great game, I love it.

Played it through as Roland, bit easy. playing through p2 with him and starting again with Lilith and Mordeci. The hawk thing is deadly.

How many levels are there in weapon skill for the different types, in the select menu. I'm up to 23 on shotgun for Roland cos found the best damn shotgun ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

An excellent gem of a game.It was completely off my radar and then it appeared out of nowhere!!Love the graffics in it and general tone of the game aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Personally I absolutely hate the game.
    Terrible barely existant story,constantly similar enviroments(which given the size of the game is ridiculous),respawning enemies as mentioned above,same enemies over and over,crap ending and just grind,grind,grind,grind. I really lost patience with it very fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The grinding is what people seemed to like the most...I think it really depended on who you played it with. I liked the drop in drop out co op.

Yeah if your looking for a story or anything other then a co op game where you want to spend hours grinding with friends to unlock new gear and play fetch quests then this is for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Terrible barely existant story,constantly similar enviroments(which given the size of the game is ridiculous),respawning enemies as mentioned above,same enemies over and over,crap ending and just grind,grind,grind,grind. I really lost patience with it very fast

And your right.But I stil love the game for some reason!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok good point but i still think the pros outway the cons defo be a game ill play again and again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RAIN wrote: »
    The grinding is what people seemed to like the most...I think it really depended on who you played it with. I liked the drop in drop out co op.

Yeah if your looking for a story or anything other then a co op game where you want to spend hours grinding with friends to unlock new gear and play fetch quests then this is for you.
    True. I just like to have a reason for it if im gonna be stuck grinding.
    My friends all got addicted to it and actually couldnt explain why. Just one of those games that sucks some in really

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I couldn't get into it either. Strip away the levelling and loot and it's the same as Resistance 2's co-op. Headshots do nothing unless done 20-30 times. Badass enemies are just a chore to deal with. Sniping is only useful against lower enemies than you and once Mordecai has been levelled up. Most of the games I played involved everyone rushing forward and trying to swarm the enemies who are just bullet-sponges. I'm not going to waste my time with it any longer for your points and mine, especially with Left4Dead 2, Cod:MW2 and the return of Serious Sam which is out this week. I'll get my co-op thrills there instead! :D

For all it's faults I started playing just after 8 tonight and then looked at my clock what I thought was about an hour later and it was half eleven. Yes it's frustrating about the respawning but there's just enough reward and quest mix to keep you going.

I tend not to do the simple missions too quickly because the 'Trivial' ones make a nice break from the 'Normal' or 'Tough' rated missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I couldn't get into it either. Strip away the levelling and loot and it's the same as Resistance 2's co-op. Headshots do nothing unless done 20-30 times.

Just want to point out that that's kinda where the RPG element of the game kicks in. It's not just a first person shooter so head shots aren't exactly the same, it takes a while to get the enemies energy down sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Headshots do nothing unless done 20-30 times.

at a close character level with an exploding sniper rifle head shots can be very very effective :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Moiph wrote: »
    Just want to point out that that's kinda where the RPG element of the game kicks in. It's not just a first person shooter so head shots aren't exactly the same, it takes a while to get the enemies energy down sometimes.

I understand that it's done on purpose, but imo it makes your weapons feel much less effective and more like pea shooters. The skags at least have weak points when they open their mouths so there's (slightly) more skill than just pummelling them. Ah it's not my type of game, grinding style games nearly always are insta-fail in my book, unless supported by a decent storyline. I thought it would be cos of my love for FPS and (western) RPG games, but its not the case.

I'm at the level now where most enemies bar the badass rated ones are one critical hit/one kill. Even took a turret out with one shot early today with incendiary sniper rifle.

It's addictive but it's so frustrating at how with a few decisions going the wrong way in development it stopped just short of being a really great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I think the sound and music is great ,the drum build ups when things start getting tough ,perfect.
    Without the sounds ,I don't think I'd enjoy it as much:confused:

Advertisement