Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got the E74 error - advice please

• 11-01-2010 5:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

after not playing my xbox for 2 days, i turned it on to an E74 error, unplugged everything etc etc no change.

the xbox is out of warranty, so i was wondering if i should send it off to M$ or anyone locally can fix it, also what it costs on average?

im based in Limerick btw..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    after not playing my xbox for 2 days, i turned it on to an E74 error, unplugged everything etc etc no change.

the xbox is out of warranty, so i was wondering if i should send it off to M$ or anyone locally can fix it, also what it costs on average?

if its out of warantee why would you send it to ms?

loads of guys fix the rrod prob for about 40 euro! how old is it? maybe just buy a new arcade for 140 euro and keep your hard drive so new console is a 3 year warantee while you could have to fix it again and bills keep adding up if thats the case!

imo buy a new console if its out of warantee and sell the console with the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I'm with ray on this one, you're better off buying a new one, especially if your current one is out of warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Tea your 360 is in warrenty until at least april for e74/RROD.find out did your man u bought it off register it and get in contact with microsoft and get them to replace it

or the computer shop across from the hurlers repair them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Also if your looking for a cheap arcade as uggested above, there is a new thread in Bargain Alerts. Think it works out at about €115 in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The E74 is a perma error, turning it off and on again won't work. The error can be cleared with the "towel trick" but since you've only address the symptom (E74 RROD) and not the cause (overheating, most likely) it'll just happen again.

Are you 100% sure you are out of warranty? Check with Microsoft, don't guess or suppose you are out of warranty, you could be as surprised as I was :D That is, unless your console is banned or doesn't have the warranty stickers intact, then you're on your own.

A fix costs between €30 and €50, usually €40. Some are more advanced than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ah excellent i just got off the phone with M$ and im still under the E74/RROD error warranty. they pick it up within 5 days, and should be back in a little over 2 weeks.. that arcade for £109 in Bargain alerts is still pretty sweet though.

now whats my excuse for needing 2 xboxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ah excellent i just got off the phone with M$ and im still under the E74/RROD error warranty. they pick it up within 5 days, and should be back in a little over 2 weeks.. that arcade for £109 in Bargain alerts is still pretty sweet though.

now whats my excuse for needing 2 xboxes?

You can mod one to play backups or just look AWESOME and keep one regular one. That's my excuse for having 3 anyways :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

You can mod one to play backups or just look AWESOME and keep one regular one. That's my excuse for having 3 anyways :P
    but the second i take my backup xbox, that i play backups on, online (inevitable tbh) it'll get banned faster than i can ejaculate...

Advertisement