Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a game

• 11-01-2010 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought an XBOX over the weekend and would like someone to recommend me a game. Years ago when I had a PC I used to love a game called Syndicate, would involve planting bombs and sniper missions, that kind of thing. Can someone recommend me a good game along those lines please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

dartsfan wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought an XBOX over the weekend and would like someone to recommend me a game. Years ago when I had a PC I used to love a game called Syndicate, would involve planting bombs and sniper missions, that kind of thing. Can someone recommend me a good game along those lines please?

Thanks
    im not familiar with that game but if your looking for a fun shooter then borderlands would be my game of choice at the minute!

obvious ones like call of duty etc but try borderlands!

i have heard that dragon age is class now i have not played it but great reviews overall!

best of luck and enjoy a great console!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

Modern Warfare 2

Assassin's Creed 2

Halo 3

Gears of War 2

Any of them fit the bill, but would really recommend playing Halo and Gear of War co-op because those games are nearly a bit too short for playing single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Grand Theft Auto 4 , would be the closest to Syndicate that I can think of.

Saints Row 1+2 also good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

475pxsyndicatecoversz7.jpg

I was rubbish at that game... hadn't a clue what to do.

I'm bored with MW2 (since Christmas) - it's all hype.

Try GTA4 - or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 outta the bargain bin ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

You sound like a man who wants to invest lots of time into something...........I'd like to introduce you to a little game called - Fallout 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Operation Flashpoint is another game I played for a while on PC. Reviews look favourable, anyone played this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Its not exclusive, but The Saboteur sounds like it'd be up your alley.

Also, look out for Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Borderlands and Oblivion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Hi,

Thanks

You're showing your age there:DSyndicate was a brilliant game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

My own personal favourite games of the last year or so:

Fallout 3 - possibly....probably the best game I've ever played.:D
    Modern Warfare 1 & 2. Single player's a bit short, but still unreal. Multiplayer is fantastic.
    Assassin's Creed 2.
    Oblivion - have pumped umpteen hours into it and still not finished. Speaking of which, I'm now going to go back and play it at the weekend!
    Gears of War 2 - much better than the first one.
    GTA4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Operation Flashpoint is another game I played for a while on PC. Reviews look favourable, anyone played this?

AVOID!!!

It was such a let down and released with so many bugs. I'm not familiar with Syndicate so I'm afraid I can't help with anything other than telling you Flashpoint was terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

333898ps_500h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I put in a vote for Rainbow 6 Vegas, its sequel was mentioned here already and I would say that if its multiplayer you are looking for then yes R6 Vegas 2 is the way to go, but if its single player... the first one is so much better that its almost embarassing. The single player campaign was such a let down on the sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

No-one yet mentioned Batman: Arkham Asylum? Excellent game, has a bit of everything (good story, humour, beat-em-up, puzzles) and is pretty cheap by now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Bio-Shock was probably the best single player game I've played on the xbox. Bioshock 2 is out soon, hope it's as good as 1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

if you like puzzle/adventure games and italy then Assassin's Creed 2 will amaze you. Although some of the puzzles are bit tricky but its one of the best games ive played oh since GTA4.

Advertisement