Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best bank in ireland to obtain a loan of around 10k?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently outside Ireland and decided I'd do something about my teeth while in my hometown. Now, I was wondering what bank should I go for when it comes to get a loan for medical treatments (I suppose these fall under the "Personal Loan")? I am a Bank of Ireland customer, but I am pretty much tired of its poor service. A quick analysis, seemed to reveal they have the worst offer too, and hallifax / aib seemed to have a great offer, but I am a little clueless and I might be overseeing things in all of them and completely wrong. Please help me making a wise choice and also provide me some insight on how to choose the best bank. :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you're currently living outside of Ireland, I can't imagine the banks (any of them) will be queueing up to lend to you. Personal lending has got considerably tighter than it was previously, and they'll probably want you resident here, and for a while, with enough income and sufficient turnover on your account before you'll get anything approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I can only speak from exp. I got a loan for 10k off AIB and it was no hassle at all it was easy to be honest. I did it through 24 hour banking.

I rang up they sent out all the forms after it had been ok'ed signed them and sent them back and it was in my account a few days later. I even paid it off early and it was no hassle at all.

I am an AIB customer though

Advertisement