Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow in Dungarvan

Options
  • 11-01-2010 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Woke up this morning and looked outside, no sign of snow, good start. Went out to the car, started first go and no need to de-ice windscreen, all good. Drive the ring road and out the Cork road to work in Carrigtohill, roads clear, things back to normal.
    Then I hit the bend (60km zone) on the hill up out of Dungarvan, bloody hell, snow everywhere, barely able to drive. Cars pulled in, cars crawling, I was wondering if I was in a parallel universe. Driving 40 to 50 km/hr on the tracks already made, deviate from the and the ESP starts flasihng on the car. I eventually turned around at the Ardmore junction (I would have done it earlier but an NVD Car Transporter was up my ass and no amount of flashers or horn beeping would get him to pull back). Very bad on the other side as well. Back to bed I guess.
    HOW did Dungarvan itself escape the snow? It was very deceptive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I had the exact same problem going the other way. All snow gone I thought, great. Literally turned around the corner leading up to the Pike and it was a different world. I turned back at Kilmacthomas. It was mayhem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I was amazed we didn't get it to be honest, it appears we are the only place that didnt!

The whole place is absolutely LETHAL now tho....like an ice skating rink!

Advertisement