Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jazz Band needed for a Wedding in August.

• 11-01-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently looking to hire a Jazz band for a wedding in Dublin in August this year.

If you are in a Jazz band or know of a good band you have heard live could you please leave the details here or pm me?

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jackthelad108

have a look at www.entertainment4uireland.ie theres a few jazz bands on that . go see them before you hire them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

A poster on here called YULETIRED has a girlfriend who does exactly this type of thing as a speciality and is meant to be very good. Maybe private message him for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 I AM IRON MAN

cheerspal wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently looking to hire a Jazz band for a wedding in Dublin in August this year.

If you are in a Jazz band or know of a good band you have heard live could you please leave the details here or pm me?

Thanks,

Brian
    The Roaring Forties www.theroaringforties.com, really lovely to deal with, they take care of start times with the hotel, fantastic rocky swing Jazz band, great show, they play all over europe at festivals. recently won best alternate wedding band in Ireland from Southern Brides magazine. The singer does djing too, if you contact them info@theroaringforties.com they will send you a cd they will negotiate what they charge
    Worth a try even for a free cd
    Hope it helps
    Ironman

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭captainjack

[Edited: due to mixed facts]

As you were....

Don't mind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 I AM IRON MAN

?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 colleenbaid

hi brian you should try valerie coyne shes on the net or facebook..shes legend and tell her celly o'brien sent you...if she cant do it i will...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

cheerspal wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,

Brian

Yeah there is a Jazz band called 7 Company (I think), they meet up in the Gubu Bar on a Thursday, they are pretty good, and would do weddings n stuff, if you look in the event guides I think they will be listed, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cormob

What are you looking for exactly? Reception band? Evening band for after the meal? singer?
    I do a lot of these so PM me with your specs if you want and I can help you work something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 franamico

Every Sunday afternoon Tom Dunne's quartet plays Sheebeen.
    He has been in the scene for over 20 years and I strongly recommend him.

Better to listen to people live before hiring them...

Advertisement