Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray (?) feral cat

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

We moved here in early November and from the start were troubled by a stray or feral cat.

He ( I know now that he is a tom) did not want or take food; he had clearly earmarked this place as his; he leaves his.... mark.... in the shed here which has a glassless window.

He once almost came in through my bedroom window; black and white - as are most of the cats in the area!! A busy lad clearly.

And every few nights I hear him out there; and every few nights wee dog goes frantic and is let out to " see him off'" She treed him once.

I will feed any critter in this weather.

But he is spraying the coal which we brought near the front door

I put food at the gate so he need not come near the house... Then last night he again tried to attack my cats. One has a scratch on his nose.

I rarely see him and then only his north end going south.. We think he is from a small farm up the road and just not being fed etc.

The same farm where the poor dog was barking nonstop...

Unsure what we can do...He clearly is not going to take any hints!! We have had ferals etc around before and rarely any trouble like this.

Advertisement