Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit and eircom

Options
  • 11-01-2010 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I know this is really an UB thread, but thought I'd ask anyway:

I have a Halifax Visa Debit for 2 years now and have never had it refused anywhere online or POS (at home or abroad) except by Eircom when trying to pay bills. They say they don't accept credit cards, but obviously this is not a credit card.

I have emailed them about it but got no reply. Anyone else contacted Eircom about this and gotten any response? It's very inconvenient not simply being able to pay a bill online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If their system isn't set up to accept Visa payments then you can't force it on them. It's up to a business to decide what methods of payment they accept. Just because you have a Visa debit card, doesn't mean you can use it everywhere.

Advertisement