Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where to get free condoms?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hiya!

I work in a charitable organisation with teenagers, and we are looking to supply them with condoms. Does anyone know where to get free condoms? I tried the IFPA and St James' GUIDE clinic in Dublin, but to no avail. I know a few places give them to individuals for free, but does anyone know where I could get a fair few for free???

Thanks,

L.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Have you tried the family planning clinics?

You could always try the people who run the adds on the tv. You know the one where the mother reminds her daughter to take the pill when she's in the bedroom with her boyfriend. There's also the couple get some condoms with their take away. I can't think of who it's by now but they're always giving out condoms at festivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

The majority of the universities in Ireland offer free condoms to students (e.g. University College Cork for instance). Now they are always short of supply themselves, but they might either offer you some anyway or provide you with a person to contact who might help you out. Starting place is go on to the colleges websites (e.g. Trinity, DIT etc.) and look for the contact details for the student welfare officer and go from there.

Equally I think contacting Durex or other equivalents might get you some. The positive PR would be bound to attract them.

Failing that I have seen very cheap condoms on sale in the likes of Lidl but I always avoid them to be honest (and that might be unfair but its the one thing you should not skimp on brand wise!).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

geoffraffe wrote: »
    Have you tried the family planning clinics?

You could always try the people who run the adds on the tv. You know the one where the mother reminds her daughter to take the pill when she's in the bedroom with her boyfriend. There's also the couple get some condoms with their take away. I can't think of who it's by now but they're always giving out condoms at festivals.

http://www.thinkcontraception.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Thanks a million for that people... I'll follow up on those leads now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

tommy21 wrote: »
    The majority of the universities in Ireland offer free condoms to students (e.g. University College Cork for instance). Now they are always short of supply themselves, but they might either offer you some anyway or provide you with a person to contact who might help you out. Starting place is go on to the colleges websites (e.g. Trinity, DIT etc.) and look for the contact details for the student welfare officer and go from there.

Equally I think contacting Durex or other equivalents might get you some. The positive PR would be bound to attract them.

Failing that I have seen very cheap condoms on sale in the likes of Lidl but I always avoid them to be honest (and that might be unfair but its the one thing you should not skimp on brand wise!).

Thanks Tommy, contacted Trinity College and am collecting loads of free condoms tomorrow- I'm thrilled!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Lillylilly wrote: »
    Thanks Tommy, contacted Trinity College and am collecting loads of free condoms tomorrow- I'm thrilled!!!

great, delighted it worked out for you. I'm in the health promotion business myself so now I feel I have done something good :)

Advertisement