Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Live & GFWL - Are they now cross platform?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I've noticed Xbox Live users amongst my friends in my GFWL control panel. Does this mean that PC and Xbox SF4 players can now fight each other or is the facility just limited to messaging and comparing achievements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

It's just a cross check for Achievements and stuff. There's not much in terms of cross platform games for Xbox and PC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a missed oppurtunity by Capcom that SF4 isn't cross platform because it can be done as shadowrun proved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

RopeDrink wrote: »
    there's a plathora of people of whom I'd love to spar with but don't use GFWL

Yeah it's almost rubbing it in the fact that the Live! system is crossplatform. I see "x friends online" then check and a few of them are playing SFIV, I think "great, must send a game invite" then I see that little icon beside their name that means they are on the Xbox.

In this day and age, when the technology and software is already in place, there should be no reason to not be able to play people on a console when you are on a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Despite it not being cross platform I find it quite handy. If I'm playing on Xbox and someone from GFWL pops and I can see them and I can then switch to the PC version to play them and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Well yeah handy for those who have 360's, bit of a kick in the balls for those of us on only the pc version or both ps3 and pc, when it comes down to how handy it would be.

For me as a ps3 and pc player it'd mean I could then potentially have games with everyone in the community.

Theres a lot of people on the 360 who I'd love to play. However more of them are getting the pc version too at least.

I don't see cross platform happening for Super either, just now I'm just hoping they release that on PC, I dunno if they are happy with how SF4 has done on pc or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

imagine sync and slow down issues cause idiots have slow pc's or variable frame rates.
    no thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

The facility is there to check for game stability so it really shouldn't be a big deal

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

People with slow PC's don't affect the other player. The only issue is when PC players have the frame set to variable, and after the first week or so the problem is gone, its extremely rare people have the frame rate set to variable. It almost never happens now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lazlo wrote: »
    The facility is there to check for game stability so it really shouldn't be a big deal

not for a game like sf where every input is critical.
    capcom had it for lostplanet too btw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement