Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about blender

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine gave me a recipe for home made fallafel and I want to try it this evening.

He said to gun the chickpeas and onions together witha soup gun or mixing stick but all I have is a blender.

Is it okay/possible to put dry food into a blender? I mean can I throw 2 cans of drained chickpeas and diced onions into a blender without any liquid? I have a standard blender...

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The blender should work fine with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

The blender should work fine with them.

Sweet...gonna throw in some chillies to make it hot then serve with hoummos and greek yogurt...mmmmm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

if you're stuck. finely diced onions can be mashed into chickpeas w/ a spud masher w/ little effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Did your recipe work? Did you deep fry them? I find tinned chickpeas don't make traditional fafalel without adding extra gram flour. Course if you cook them in a shallow pan they probably won't fall apart.;)

Advertisement