Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HoldEm Manager Q

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭

I have HEM installed on one of my laptops and over the last few days it is causing virus and trojan alerts on the pc. Is anyone else experiencing similiar problems with HEM and if so what have you done to resolve?

Secondly what is the easiest way to move the HEM Database from one laptop to another without loosing information as i do not think my IT Dept appreciate me having poker related stuff with viruses fcking up their network!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

No similar problems at present.

The first thing to try is update HEM http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23748 (or go back to a previous version if the problems started fter an update).

Moving the database is pretty easy. Go into database management, do an export, stick the folder onto a memory stick or cdr and then import it into the other pc's HEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Is it a cracked or legit?
    Cracked copy fooked up me PC last week methinks. Reinstalled OS.

Legit copy has issues too btw:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=114671

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Yeah you have to tell your antivirus to ignore some of the HEM executables, since they run in a mirrored copy fashion that some viruses use.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

A change to the latest update should sort everything, the HM forum Here is excellent and as a last resort, one of the guys will do a teamviewer session to iron out any problems for you.
    Their support is top class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Grafter wrote: »
    No similar problems at present.

The first thing to try is update HEM http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23748 (or go back to a previous version if the problems started fter an update).

Moving the database is pretty easy. Go into database management, do an export, stick the folder onto a memory stick or cdr and then import it into the other pc's HEM.

I do not have HEM installed on the other lappie, is it a simple case of doing the above and then downloading HEM on other lappie, using the HEM password key provided and then copy files?
    Wombatman wrote: »
    Is it a cracked or legit?
    Cracked copy fooked up me PC last week methinks. Reinstalled OS.

Legit copy has issues too btw:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=114671

No its a legit copy, going to follow the steps in that thread though
    A change to the latest update should sort everything, the HM forum Here is excellent and as a last resort, one of the guys will do a teamviewer session to iron out any problems for you.
    Their support is top class.

Cheers Brendan, downloading the latest version now and will get onto support
    fatguy wrote: »
    Yeah you have to tell your antivirus to ignore some of the HEM executables, since they run in a mirrored copy fashion that some viruses use.

I think i will just move it tbh not a good idea having poker software on a work laptop in the first place, antivirus password is protected by IT etc etc.

Thanks for all the help lads

• Advertisement

Mission complete, fck that was a painful two hours to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I think i will just move it tbh not a good idea having poker software on a work laptop in the first place, antivirus password is protected by IT etc etc.

Thanks for all the help lads
    Yeah that's for the best. Not worth getting into trouble over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Make sure you export your notes also, I'm not sure if they come with the database or not

Advertisement