Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibility Schools will be back early.

• 11-01-2010 11:36am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭

Just heard on the readio that people are complaining that schools are closed when there is no reason for them to be closed, which is kinda true...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Well here in Dundalk it's raining and has been all night. As far as I can see (and I haven't been in town,admittedly) the ice has all thawed. Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

hopefully they aren't but i'd say there is a good chance we will be back a day earlier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AFAIK, the Minister is supposed to make some announcement tomorrow.
    I'd say we'll be back Wed. hopefully.

ah wouldnt mind that really. i really need something to propel myself into 2010. if we're back tommorow i'l cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

But can they revoke a decision that was already announced though?

Would be very messy especially for the parents of younger children who have already had to take the days off work etc.

• Advertisement

good point lola92

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They can change their mind about anything. Once the Minister says it's OK for local decisions, then people can go ahead as pay, insurance etc. all kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Jsut heard on Todayfm, it is now up to the individual school to decide to open tomorrow or not! :mad:

how can they work that out? it be difficult for my school to spread the message that we're meant to be in

I thought most schools have a text messaging service?

Well both schools I've attended and those of friends/siblings do anyway!

• Advertisement

Lola92 wrote: »
    I thought most schools have a text messaging service?

Well both schools I've attended and those of friends/siblings do anyway!

Many do, or an regularly updated website.
    Texting and phoning costs a lot though and is not needed if there is a central announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Mine doesn't, it wasn't on the list on RTE when they were saying which schools were off so we didn't know whether to go in or not. I've no way of knowing if i'm unless i ring and they wern't answering last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Yes, but with this being as the schools descrection there isnt a central announcement, some remain closed some wont! Im hoping i get to stay off, need the few days, i also think its ridiculous telling us we might have to go back, ive done up a study plan for the next few days and would of gotten loads done! Praying my school dont make us come in!

same here, a few showed up on thursday morning and were told to go home. bat should announce now that we are back to school a day earlier than originally suggested.

Well Ive got word I'm in tomorrow for definate, 8.30 start.

Oh joy:mad:

that would totally just ruin my week. going from a grand 2 day week to back in on tuesday(personally my most hated day of the week)

if i get word im in im gonna throw this duvet back over me and go back to sleep. depressing!!!

My school can be really retarded at the best of times. They keep us in with broken heating and we all get shoved into the canteen for free tea. Pray for a blizzard, get on ur ahnds and knees dammit!

At least you have free tea!! Its 2.50 for ours :(

I'm strongly contemplating trying to build an ice wall around the house....no chance of escape then!!:D

We're in tomorrow too.

freakin hell things aren't looking good. thankfully they dont have my number but i know my mum will ring in the morning :(

• Advertisement

Lola92 wrote: »
    At least you have free tea!! Its 2.50 for ours :(

I'm strongly contemplating trying to build an ice wall around the house....no chance of escape then!!:D

2.50?? ROBBERY! ours is normally 50 cent, but the heating was broken and we were all freezing, so we got it free. The joys:rolleyes:

Tell me about it! well 2.50 for a daecent cup, 2.10 for the stingy size!

Its sickening when you think about it, i wonder if I brought the tea bag could I get the water free?....I'm sure they'd find a way to impose a milk and sugar levy though...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

seems to be a campaign going on for ye !

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=260324398056

please people lets get back to the matters in hand, whether or not I AM back tommorow

Make it a duvet day AJ, when you find out you should have been in cry and blame the Department of Education!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I have so much to get ready for tomorrow in terms of homework and my uniform and stuff. We'll definitely be in,you wouldn't think there had been any snow or ice round here at all.

hmm just the footpaths are bad around here, its more the teachers down the country being stranded that will get us the day off is what im thinkng!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

My school doesn't re-open til Wednesday :p But that's merely because they can't expect boarders to just be able to get up and come back on whim. It's the only time in my entire 6 years of being there that we're off on a snow day and other school's are not. But who knows what turn the weather will take next =/. I'm hoping for a heat wave, we've already had floods, snow, strikes and an earthquake. Bring on the fire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

No school for us tomorrow, but back on Wednesday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

FFS is all I can say. Not sure if I'm in tommorrow but knowing my school it's almost guaranteed. Why couldn't he have just said all schools are to open on wednesday.

Completely unprepared for tommorrow.

Advertisement