Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibility Schools will be back early.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

i could still be off til thursday :) defo off tomorrow, no heat or water lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

well **** it anyway found out we're in. fianna fail i hate you. irish climate back to normal i also hate you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Anyone know if Gorey Community is open tomorrow?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

What bull****! I had aload of study planned over the next 3 days and now Im truely ****ed!

I will probably spend half of today trying to find out if we even have school tomorrow!

Last week our school left it until Thursday morning when they decided to announce we have no school.

This whole thing is a shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The government really love messing around with the next generation of voters....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Jaysus, cue more confusion over whether or not school will go ahead.

The uncertainty and "oh, but maybe but" of that government of ours is appaling.

the goverment rabble rabble rabble

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I went on the local radio website and my school on it list:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

back Wednesday. UGH UGH UGH. however the bus may not be able to come as the roads are bad. fingers crossed!! Fianna FAIL are a joke. Ive been saying it for years. Fine Gael are the way foward. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

im not sure when im back, could be wednesday, could be thursday, not knowing is a bit of a pain tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No idea weather or not I'm off tomorrow.

My school isn't on the RTE list yet, so really not a clue. No other schools in my area are on the list either, but talks of them being in. Pain in the nuts not knowing for definite.

Government 0. Public 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

fek it im not going in, I have a pretty good excuse though, Iwas never snowed in (could get out in a jeep) BUT ill say i was !!!

Mousey- wrote: »
    fek it im not going in, I have a pretty good excuse though, Iwas never snowed in (could get out in a jeep) BUT ill say i was !!!
    Oh you slydog you.

lol ye i mean i could take off i wanted but knowing that school is legit off is such a good feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

The government really love messing around with the next generation of voters....
    Nah for once I think the rabble is wrong. Last week and over the last month people were giving out that the government didn't handle the weather at all and sat on their hands - they always do this and it's a croc of **** but still. Then when Batt finally shows one morsel of an attempt to do something after people had been whinging that he didn't do something, ie. close the schools, now people are whinging that he closed the schools.

Schools can open themselves if they want. Ring, check yr school's site or phone them to find out the state of play meanwhile the schools that can't open I'm assuming fall back on Batt's decision to close them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

whats the difference between snowmen and snowwomen???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Were back tomorrow :mad: Not cool Bat O'Keefe. They should have said they would review complaints today.

I was expecting to go back Wednesday at the earliest :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

zoom! wrote: »
    whats the difference between snowmen and snowwomen???
    The man has a snow sausage and snow beans attached:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

batt o keeffe is robin us. *I will leave now!*

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Oh my god this ****ing country. Absolutely ****ing fuming. Don't know when I'm back. Don't have a clue what to do now. Stupid inept clowns. **** off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

I don't like these posters who sit on the fence with their opinions fkt.....:P

Back Wednesday = happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 12345678910

I'm back tomorrow and tbh despite the fact that the next 5 months are going to pretty bad, i'm fairly relieved to be back. I want to get the courses finished asap and then start the revision.
    Last week there was quite a few posters here complaining about the closures now they are on here complaining about them reopening.:confused:
    One thing that is for sure is that Batt O' Keefe f**ked up and should have only announced the closure of schools for today.
    Moral of the story: DON'T vote Fianna Fail!!!!:mad:

Is there any website where I can find out if I'm back? Apart from the RTE one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Stop moaning we all got more time than we were supposed to get.

It's better to be in school than not, get more work done.

And as previously said it aint the goverments fault its met eireann with their ****ty predictions, at least the goverment acted early i was getting cabin fever.

If this is the worst thing to happen to us we got a pretty cushy life no?

Crow92 wrote: »
    Stop moaning we all got more time than we were supposed to get.

It's better to be in school than not, get more work done.

And as previously said it aint the goverments fault its met eireann with their ****ty predictions, at least the goverment acted early i was getting cabin fever.

If this is the worst thing to happen to us we got a pretty cushy life no?

Our problem is we're being f'cked about. Why should I have to spend hours listening to the radio on a Monday night to find if I have to be out of bed at seven o f'cking clock the next morning.

I have work to do and I have no time to do it if we're back tomorrow. Is that my fault? If they would tell me when I'm back in advance(more than twelve f'cking hours) then I could do what I have to do and get ready to go back. Seven o clock the night before isn't enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

school text to say that we're off tomorrow and most likely will be back wednesday but that they'll text again to confirm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 artisttobe

I am backo Wednesday.
    Not too bad.

Annoying about not going in on thursday.
    Waited more sleep!!!!!1 :D

Other than that... Pretty happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭GSBellew

fkt wrote: »
    I have work to do and I have no time to do it if we're back tomorrow. Is that my fault? If they would tell me when I'm back in advance(more than twelve f'cking hours) then I could do what I have to do and get ready to go back. Seven o clock the night before isn't enough time.

Yes, it is your fault, perhaps you should stop leaving things to the last minute and grow up a little, if you had organised things a bit you would obviously have done the work you needed to do at the weekend, but sure why do now what you can put off to another day eh?

It was quite obvious from the outset that the decision was to be reviewed albeit on Tuesday, anybody with any level of cop on would have known that they would review it earlier given the dramatic improvement in the weather conditions over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

cork*girl wrote: »
    Fianna FAIL are a joke. Ive been saying it for years. Fine Gael are the way foward. :)

It was Fine Gael who made the Government make the decision. They were answering the parents calls. So it's Fine Gael you should blame. They're just looking to move themselves up the political ladder.

raybrian.jpg

Brian Hayes

Advertisement