Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Nope, he'll be off to stud.

Edit : Cheers Hawaii. :) Wonderful horse altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

naughto wrote: »
    will they not run him again??

Neigh. Hes off to his harem in the winter. Lucky fecker ;-)
    Edit: pyro beat me to it.

Actually, Im just after reading the Sporting Life report on the race and Terry Grimthorpe says there is a good chance they will keep him in training. So we might see him again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad::mad:Slept out and missed it,, im kicking myself here:(

2:40 Pontefract - Ted's Brother - 1pt e/w

Interesting 2 year old runner who should improve for the switch to handicapping, he ran no race on debut but showed glimpses of ability on his next two runs. On his 2nd start he was sent off as the 125/1 outsider of a 4 runner field and ran a very good race, hitting 2.04 in running before greenness took control of him and he edged right and ran on at one pace despite looking like a big danger. The 2nd placed horse that day, Calypso Magic, has since come 2nd twice in decent maiden races. My selection seemed to love the testing, undulating track at Hamilton and with Pontefract being a very tough place to run I think he should be one of the horses who will appreciate it. He ran at Ayr next time out in a 9 runner field, he traveled like a dream but found little inside the final furlong, he was sent off a big priced 24.0 and hit 3.30 in running when seemingly cruising along once again. He lost 3rd very close home but still showed enough that day to suggest that he could be a decent handicapper like his full brother, Ginger Ted, who is a very decent animal and is rated 84 by the handicapper. He's a soft ground lover and has even won on heavy ground.

If Ted's Brother (great name!) has indeed taken after his brother he should have conditions to suit here with the ground currently very soft. He should have the stamina to go well around here and despite possibly not having the speed to be fully effective in the final stages of a normal sprint he should have enough to cope with a race of this nature on a track that is more about stamina than speed, even over this 6f trip. His brother won his opening handicap race and hopefully he can follow suit here and land the spoils for Rae Guest, who has had 3 winners in the last week and seems to have his yard in good order. I find it interesting that young 3lb claimer Ian Brennan gets the ride here, he has only rode for Guest on 2 occasions, coming 2nd and nowhere. He is a talented jockey and well worth his 3lb claim, he is 1/2 (50%) when riding 2 year olds at this course and has a 12% strike rate on 2 year olds from 50 rides and a very impressive £51 profit to £1 level stakes. He comes here for only 1 ride today and with his 3lb claim leaving Ted's Brother to race off a featherweight of 8st 3lbs I certainly think he can take advantage of this and outrun his potentially big price tag. He has everything to suit, a race that should be run to suit, perfectly ideal ground, good mark, ideal track and well weighted. He's currently a massive 40.0 on the exchange, if I can get something around 25's come morning I'll be very happy. He's only 10/1 in my book so the projected prices are far too big and worth a small each way bet, he certainly has enough room for improvement and should enjoy conditions today if taking after his brother. He will hopefully run well.

Price updated come morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Been a while good man, I shall be following your tips tonight, been a while since i've gambled :o

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

7/1 with pp this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

8/1 with Boylesports

Just started following the thread over the last few days, fair play Pyro, thanks for the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

x PyRo wrote: »
    Absolute superstar. :D What a performance.

+16pts today.

Hangover gone!

Was out on piss yesterday so didn't see ur selections. Walked into the bookies and picked out Fame and Glory but then noticed Workforce and couldn't remember why he was sticking out. Needless to say didn't back him and as he was romping home it hit me. F*** Pyro loves this horse, damn Sunday drinking and no internet access :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

pelliven wrote: »
    7/1 with pp this morning

Don't get the fractions, but with PP it's set at 8.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Don't get the fractions, but with PP it's set at 8.0.

Same thing, 7/1 means you win 7 times your stake and get your stake back, which is 8.0.

Opened 16's, I got 14's, now 7's in places. :eek:

Gambooooool. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Opened 16's, I got 14's, now 7's in places. :eek:

Gambooooool. :pac:

If there's no prices the night before, what time do the markets generally open?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

what did dolphin rock come the other day??? 4.50 newmarket

L'prof wrote: »
    If there's no prices the night before, what time do the markets generally open?

It varies but it's around 9am. I always get up, put my bet on then get back to sleep. :pac:
    whitts wrote: »

I'm sure you're able to find out yourself.

It varies but it's around 9am. I always get up, put my bet on then get back to sleep. :pac:

I'm sure you're able to find out yourself.

nope, cant, i think i remeber it coming below place but then someone posted on here saying they were paying out 1/2 odds or something?.

did she place???

That was a different horse. Dolphin Rock was quite far back dude. Didn't place anyways, not sure what position he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

whitts wrote: »

No, finished 9th.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Full_Results/0,12493,398731,00.html

That was a different horse. Dolphin Rock was quite far back dude. Didn't place anyways, not sure what position he was.

not so bad... thanks. good luck with todays pick.., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

pyro your selection today has rifte from 7s to 12s ? any idea why ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

No idea at all.

It's a worrying drift now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Weather related i'd say?

Nope, conditions should be ideal for him. I just hope he actually tries!

Nothing else really being backed either so Im not too worried......yet.

Gone from 20.0 into 14.5 there in the space of a minute on Betfair...typically the minute i went to back it lol

They Just tipped it there on Timeform radio too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Guy on timeform radio on betfair just tipped him

Great minds and all that

Being backed again! I got prices between 30.0 and 39.0 last night then 14's this morning. Hopefully he runs well.

Bah, didn't even hear him mentioned.

• Advertisement

No good :(

Back to midweek with a bang lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement