Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah well...
    x_PyRo wrote:
    Bah, didn't even hear him mentioned.
    Yeah, listening to Betfair radio during that was a bit depressing..

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

A mixture of the ground and crap racing makes it awful tough to make any money on days like this. I just can't wait until the weekend when there's proper racing where most horses are actually out to try and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Darley sun race now should be decent, up against Ajaan in Pontefract 3.40

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Took a shot with Any Given Moment at 13/1 earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I was on it too, expected it to stay a bit better than it did, ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

any picks for tomorrow ?
    ;););)

would love a winner to start the week off:D:D

None today mate, can't find anything that catches my eye with the ground the way it is so I'm leaving it altogether.

In other new, over 3,000 posts and 100,000 views on the thread. :D Thanks to everyone who looks, legends!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

My advice, go on the piss tomorrow and enjoy yourself, no point making money if you cant enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

basquille wrote: »
    Took a shot with Any Given Moment at 13/1 earlier..
    Kod-box wrote: »
    I was on it too, expected it to stay a bit better than it did, ah well.
    Don't mean to be after timing here but saw this one in the bookies yesterday and a good few people were backing it. I told someone they were stupid for backing it,he had 39lbs to find on Darley Sun,no ground is going to make a swing of that much.
    x PyRo wrote: »
    None today mate, can't find anything that catches my eye with the ground the way it is so I'm leaving it altogether.

In other new, over 3,000 posts and 100,000 views on the thread. :D Thanks to everyone who looks, legends!
    Good man.

Only one for tomorrow..

4:10 Nottingham - Norwegian Dancer - 3pts @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Consistent yet frustrating 4 year old who has lots of ability and a high cruising speed but yet seems to find very little when asked to challenge. I've selected him on numerous occasions, watched him cruise through the race and end up as one of the last horses off the bridle but time and time again he has found very little. However, he now gets a chance to run on very testing ground and I think he may just be the type who could relish these conditions. He has only ever encountered very soft ground on one occasion which was his debut, he finished 5th of 12, hit 1/4 in running and looked like the likely winner. He didn't have the pace in the final furlong of 7 and ended up 2 lengths back in 5th. Today he'll be racing over 10f which is his ideal trip over which he has achieved his only 2 career wins. He has also run over this C&D back in July where he finished 3rd of 11, 3 lengths behind Spoken who has since won off a mark of 92. The 2nd placed horse, Bahamian Music, also won next time out on soft ground over this C&D. My selection finished 1 length behind Ailsa Craig last time out at Ripon in a class 3 contest, he steps down in grade here, carrying more weight but back amongst worse horses which should help. The horse who finished directly behind him in 5th has also won since so his form looks reasonably solid and it's only a matter of time before he gets his neck in front again. Norwegian Dancer will be running off a mark of 79 today, at his peak he was rated 8lbs higher and has won off a mark 4lbs larger than tomorrows, he's certainly on a winnable mark and if he gets some luck in running I think he stands a solid chance here off a mark that is below his abilities. He has also came second on Good to Soft ground before, so that combined with his debut run on Soft ground indicates he may just like the conditions today, he certainly struck me as one who would.

Norwegian Dancer is trained by Ed McMahon who has been in great form over the last 6 weeks with 10 winners from 30 runners giving him a highly impressive 33% strike rate since the last week of August. He also won this race last year with a 4 year old horse who had a quite similar profile to my selection. This is the only horse Ed sends to Nottingham tomorrow, he has a good 14% strike rate at the course, that jumps up massively to 25% when Graham Gibbons rides at the course for him with 7 winners from 27 rides with another 11 placing. Gibbons knows the horse well and has been on board him on 7 occasions and has yet to get him over the line in first, with a bit of luck I think that could change today. Gibbons comes here for only 2 rides tomorrow and he has been riding reasonably well of late with a few winners in the last couple of weeks, he rides the course well and shows a profit when riding here, he also has a very good 14% strike rate at Nottingham. If he can get the Ed McMahon trained gelding to settle in mid-division he may be staying on best of the rest on this testing ground. He certainly has the ability to and he was 9/2 second favourite in my book just behind the Fahey horse Gritstone, who I rate as a big danger but worse value. The 8/1 on Norwegian Dancer is far too big and I'd say he'll be backed into something a lot lower than that. Hopefully he'll run well and justify medium sized stakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Jesus it's early for you isn't it?

:P

Might throw an each way bet on him myself, looks good at 8/1.

Sure is man. :pac: I've Fifa 11 to attend to!

I probably should of went each way but it's only 1/5th of the odds for a place so I don't like going e/w if I don't get at least 2/1 for the place.

Hmm

7-1 on PP.

Gonna throw 30 on it for the craic, 15 each way, hopefully he wins :D

Lmao! He was 8/1 with Powers until I posted that.

Damn you!!!

*waves fist*

It could be a wild coincidence! :pac:

Best of luck dude, hopefully he does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I've backed him in the past too but he's too frustrating like you said. Tamanaco for me.

Good Luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Like this horse, gonna do him each way, he will certainly place so best be on the safe side. I have a great feeling in my bones about this one.
    Cheers.

Like this horse, gonna do him each way, he will certainly place so best be on the safe side. I have a great feeling in my bones about this one.
    Cheers.
    You sick sick man, beastiality is disgusting.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Backed him before and will do tomorrow (only because you picked him :D )
    Sure is man. :pac: I've Fifa 11 to attend to!

PS3 or XBox?

• Advertisement

Backed him before and will do tomorrow (only because you picked him :D )

PS3 or XBox?
    Xbox, his GT is "VVV BoYLeR"

Add me there aswell pyro if you see this, must get my XBL sorted again, and get fifa 11 :(

Gt is username :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Awh I've (my bro) has a PS3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Lmao! He was 8/1 with Powers until I posted that.

Hmmm seems to have gone done again, rated at 7.5 now.

Don't think it's just you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

10/1 now!! :-o

:-0

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

gettin his drift on the dirty scut!

:pac: The horse doesn't know his price. If he runs to ability he could be 100/1 for all I care and I'd still be confident he'll run well.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

haha good point! i still have faith in him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

just checking...
    sence hes 10/1 now,would you of gone e/w,hence getting the 2/1 for the place..
    just curious,not having a bet,no money...

• Advertisement

I suppose I could if you'll let me borrow your time machine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement