Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

x PyRo wrote: »
    I suppose I could if you'll let me borrow your time machine?
    my recommendation would be..:pac:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Hot_Tub_Time_Machine_cast.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

:pac: haha, I'm so bloody cold now I'd love a hot tub time machine. :( Plus I'd be able to go back to half 9 yesterday, delete that post and wait until sometime today before putting 2pts e/w on him at 12/1 with Stan James. Why aren't time machines real? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I have one Pyro,but i'd have to kill if you if I told you how to make one,sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Fingers crossed and all that malarky.

Might regret not going ew like i said i would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Didnt bother with the each way myself, was using betfair and the place ew system on that is a load of c0ck.

It will win anyway :D

A forum expects!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

And there off..........

No good. Sorry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

sounded like a great run from oriental cat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ft9 wrote: »

It was, from last place to win by about 3 lenghts, just bulleted through!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

ft9 wrote: »

he came from right from the back to win it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

Hard luck there lad. Not too disheartened with the result myself.. as I also got on Specific Gravity at 5/1 in the race before! And now to buy some lotto tickets ..there's 10 million with my name on it ;)

Dont worry PyRo you are bound for a small downturn having had a good few last weeks, now just keep the head and bet small until we return to winning ways:)

Good stuff TNF, my one didn't take to the ground I'd say. I really thought he would after watching his debut run a good few times. Got that wrong anyways.

Tomorrow's another day and hopefully will get a winner. The fucking ground is annoying though, I can never get it right with ground being so soft.

Edit: Cheers JJ, hopefully the luck comes back soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Ran like a fat chick trying to get to a Mc donalds before it shuts in 5 mins, tried real hard, but no chance

Having a bet over the sticks tomorrow.

3:35 Exeter - Prophete De Guye - 2pts @ 5/1 (PaddyPower)

Fairly exposed 7 year old having had 32 starts in a career that started at the end of '07, he is still improving though and won twice over the larger obstacles during the summer winning off mark of 91 and 99, both those wins came on Good ground but he handles all ground and it should be bordering on Good today, possibly will have a bit of juice in it but that should be no bother. He was prone to a lot of jumping mistakes in recent campaigns which is the reason he only had 1 career win before 2010 but he seems to have cut down on those this season bar last time out when he hit the last fence after coming behind the leader absolutely cruising, he got in very close to the fence and ran on at one pace after that and finished 2.5 lengths behind Pairc Na Gcapall. If he didn't make that mistake I'm fully sure he'd of been even closer and more than likely he would of won the race, that was over 3m 1f and now he steps back a furlong to 3 miles, that will also be in his favour and he has won over this distance before.

Prophete De Guye comes to Exeter for the first time in his career, he should be suited by its galloping nature and testing hills, it's a right handed course and although all his wins have been gained going left handed he has numerous good efforts going right and could have a good chance to gain his another victory here. He's trained by James Evans who hasn't been in the best of form of late but his Chasers have done quite well this year with 5 wins from 16 runs in 2010 giving him a 31% strike rate this year. He hasn't visited Exeter for 2 years and has only had 9 runners here all in all and I think he may just think this is the ideal place to run his 7 year old gelding. Felix De Giles takes the ride and he knows this fellow very well, he has ridden him on 12 occasions including his 3 wins followed by 6 more placed efforts which is highly impressive. De Giles is a good jockey who has a 28% strike rate when riding in Chases for James Evans and a 22% strike rate at this course, both highly impressive stats and both will hopefully be added to come tomorrow afternoon. He goes here for only 2 rides today and this fellow is his best chance of a winner, in my opinion and with a bit of luck and some solid jumping I think he should go very well with conditions likely to suit. 5/1 looks generous and he was a well backed 3/1 favourite last time out and that's the price I had him at for this race too. It doesn't look the toughest of races with many out of form horses competing here and Prophete De Guye could yet have another win in him from this mark of 104. I expect him to run very well and he's worth small/medium stakes at a nice price.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Hope you get a bit more luck today .
    Would like to see you at + 500 points by the end of the year.

Thanks very much Almat, that'd be the ultimate goal! It'll take some effort to do that between now and the end of December but I'll be trying 100%. :)

The bank is currently..

Bank - 401.76pts (+301.76pts)

That's +211 since July 1st, so if I could somehow repeat that over this coming 3 months I could do it, with a lot of luck. Thanks for the good wishes. :)

That's my only bet for today, I need sleep and to save my money for a Friday and Saturday bookie raid. :D There's so many of my previous selections running on Saturday, it could be an expensive Saturday, or a goldmine. Hopefully the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Good luck with the jumps dude B-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That's strange,got well backed on betfair at about 3 and just drifted like a barge before the off. Race off,good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

greetings wrote: »
    That's strange,got well backed on betfair at about 3 and just drifted like a barge before the off. Race off,good luck.

Put €15 on at 5/1 and turned my back and bang,bang it's 6/1 !

• Advertisement

Came 3rd, done him each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

travelled very well throughout but couldnt find anything at the end:mad:
    each way though so its all good:rolleyes:

Yeah i thought we travelled very well and in fairness he was given a good ride i thought. Onwards and upwards comrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not too bad a start to your NH career Xp.

Two selections so far for tomorrow, no reasoning yet but I'll be back.

3:20 York - Prime Exhibit - 2pts e/w @ 16/1 (Bet365)

4:30 York - Oldjoesaid - 2pts e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

There could still be more but they're the 2 I've found so far.

Oldjoesaid into 9's already!

3:20 York - Prime Exhibit - 2pts e/w @ 16/1 (Bet365)

Fairly inconsistent 5 year old who needs everything right for him to perform, he is relatively lightly raced for a 5 year old having only had 15 career starts with 3 victories. All of those wins have come over 7f which is his ideal trip and he's reverted back to this distance after 2 moderate runs over 6 furlongs. His last run over 7 furlongs was off a mark of 94 on the all weather at Wolverhampton in which he was a fairly easy 1 length winner in a decent class 3 handicap. His form over 7f reads : 1-1-3-0-0-1. The 2 duck eggs came on very fast ground on which he isn't very effective at all, although he did place off a mark of 88 on quick ground but he'll be fully at home here on this softer surface on a track that should suit his galloping style perfectly. His record on Soft ground is : 4-2-2 and his only run on Good-to-Soft produced a "1". The ground should be perfect for him with it likely to be Soft bordering on Good-to-Soft. He's a former Robert Charlton trained gelding who joined the Richard Fahey yard for his 5 year old campaign and has went from strength to strength when conditions have suited. He's off a mark of 96 now which is 5lbs higher than when coming 2nd to Penitent on soft ground in the Lincoln back in March, my selection was well clear of the rest of the field but had no chance with the soft ground lover from the Haggas yard, that race was over a mile which isn't his ideal trip and now back over 7f on a similar track he should have a very good chance against horses who on his day wouldn't get close to him under these conditions.

Prime Exhibit is tactically versatile and can be ridden to lead or held up in mid division, with plenty of pace drawn around the middle of the stalls he should have an ideal sit in stall 18 to get well positioned and run on late, depending on the use of hold up tactics but it may pay dividends for him to sit in behind the pace here and if he does that I think his love of the ground will ensure he'll be staying on very well in the closing stages with champion jockey to be, Paul Hanagan, on board him today for the 3rd time in his career. Hanagan is in flying form and a big plus to any horse, especially at this moment in time with his attempt to secure the jockeys championship. He has had 7 winners in the last 5 days and is at the top of his game, he also rides York reasonably well and has a 12% strike rate here when riding for Fahey and an above 30% place strike rate. He has only been on board this fellow on 2 previous occasions, once on the AW when he ran a respectable 6th of 13 when hampered twice and once on quick ground which ruled him out before the race started. Prime Exhibit has everything going for himself here, great draw in stall 18, a race likely to be run to suit, a top jockey on board for an inform trainer and most importantly, ideal ground and trip. He has very big each way claims with 4 places paid and the 16/1 available is very big. I had him priced up as a 9/1 shot thus giving him a much better chance that the odd compilers give him, I'm expecting a good run from him and he's worth decent sized each way stakes at a brilliant price.

:mad:Ive had a terrible terrible terrible day, down over 9 buyins at poker at 1/2:( and lost some more gambling, i dunno these days happen i guess but its hard to take really hard, im beating myself up here and have ripped out 4 buttons from my laptop:(.

4:30 York - Oldjoesaid - 2pts e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Another previous selection of mine who has already had 6pts of my bank invested in him without return. I think it's only a matter of time before this fellow clicks again, he's a long time without a win, April 2008 to be exact but that was off a mark of 22lbs higher and on soft ground, he'll get a lot of cut in the ground today and 3 of his 4 of his career wins have come with cut in the ground, all of which were off higher marks than todays. He hasn't run with much zest this season but that's due to the ground in my opinion bar one race where he was 15/16 on softer ground but that was over 6f which he's ineffective at. Jamie Spencer takes the ride today for Kevin Ryan, they have a brilliant 23% strike record together out of 200 rides. Spencer hasn't been in great form of late but will hopefully be able to change that here on this fellow who should be an ideal ride for him. Oldjoesaid ran in the Ayr Bronze Cup last time out coming 21st of 27, that was on ground slightly too quick for him and over 6f which is a trip he has never won over, he was also poorly drawn in stall 13 and never really had a chance of making the frame. His run previous to that at Doncaster on Good ground over 5f was a very good indication that he was coming back to form, Spencer kept him in rear and left his run far too late. He passed 7 or 8 horses in the last furlong and ended 3 lengths behind the winner being nearest at the finish, had he been produced at the right time I'm quite sure he would of won and landed the big gamble on him. He was punted from 16/1 early door into 11/2 at the start of the race. I doubt that connections were too happy with Mr. Spencer but he is back on board today and will hopefully be making up for his mistake in that race.

Spencer is ideally suited to a horse who likes to come home late but tends to make the odd mistake and leave it too late, if he avoids that today this horse WILL come very close as he's one of the best handicapped horses around and now 27lbs lower than when in the peak of his powers in 2008. He's used of plying his trade at the top level handicaps and is now racing at class 4 level which if proving to be back to his old abilities could prove to be a walk in the park for him. He has bundles of speed and is best on these left handed galloping tracks which he is running on today, the soft ground is a huge plus and his draw in stall 11 isn't too much of a worry given his hold up style. Oldjoesaid is the one to beat here, in my opinion and if he runs with the same zest as when running in that race at Doncaster he should prove to be an each way bet to nothing. Spencer rides the track well and has a 20% strike rate this year, he comes here for 3 rides and this fellow could prove to be his best chance of a winner. All in all Oldjoesaid has a really good each way shout here at a minimum, he has ground and trip to suit to perfection, weaker opponents than he's used too and a good jockey on board. He's 6/1 favourite in my book and since I posted him up at 12/1 he has moved in to 9/1, suggesting that connections could be on early or he is a Pricewise horse! Hopefully the former. I expect a big run and the 12's that were available were far too big and he's worth decent each way stakes with 4 places paid and 1/4 the odds for a place. Here's hoping he runs to ability and hammers the field under ideal conditions.

• Advertisement

Chin up JJ, we all have shit days, just don't go smashing stuff or it'll cost you even more money. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement