Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

3:30 Musselburgh - The Nifty Fox - 2pts @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Another previous selection of mine, he's a very speedy sort who has won 6 times over 5f and has won once over C&D with numerous other fine performances here too, he tends to go better when the ground isn't too fast and as it stands it's ideal for him with the ground currently Good-to-Soft. He usually runs well around here, raced 10 times and has only finished out of the top 4 on one occasion when coming 6th of 15 in the Scottish Sprint Cup. He is drawn well in stall 3 and with the pace more than likely coming from Whozthecat in stall 7 or Skylla in stall 5 I think he'll end up getting a nice pozzy in behind the leaders and he'll hopefully run on when the gaps appear. His one course victory was a hands and heels hob, he broke well from the highest stall and ran alongside the pace setter and just flew inside the final furlong without needing to be hit. That was from an 8lb lower mark and on soft ground but he has improved for racing in better company since then and his last win came from 2lbs lower on Good ground at Catterick in a tougher race than this, he was bumped and short for room in stages but won comfortably in the end suggesting that he's ahead of his mark but hasn't followed up since. The cut in the ground here is ideal for him, it's the first time he has encountered some proper juice in the ground over 5f this year, he did get softish ground on 2 occasions this year but that was over 6f, a trip over which he has never won but he performed very well coming 3rd of 16 in the first race then flopped next time out.

He ran in the Ayr Bronze Cup last time out over 6f, which as I said, doesn't suit him. He was drawn poorly in stall 3 and ended up coming 10th of 27, although he was 4th of 13 in his group. That wasn't a bad run with all things considered and when you go back to the race before that in which he ran over this C&D you'll see a very good performance in which he finished 3/4 of a length behind Secret Millionaire on reasonably quick ground. He missed the break ever so slightly from a bad draw that day which probably cost him a little bit in the latter stages but he did finish ahead of Beat The Bell and Rasaman, both of which he re-opposes here but on these terms I certainly think he's far better value than those two who are 6/1 & 7/1 respectively. The Nifty Fox is trained by Tim Easterby who has seen his stable in decent form over the last couple of month, he usually does quite well at this track and has a 15% strike rate, which is impressive. David Allan takes the ride here, he hasn't been in great form of late but rides the course reasonably well and is a good jockey over the sprint distances, he gets on well with the horse and has been on board him a massive 41 times, winning 6. He certainly knows this fellow inside out and should be able to get the best out of him here if all goes to plan. The Nifty Fox hasn't won since this time last year and it'd be a fitting way to end his season if he could gain victory, he hasn't went through a season without winning a race and hopefully that's a good omen on what will more than likely be his last race before being put away for the winter, unless they find another race for him. 8/1 looks too big a price for this speedy 6 year old and I expect he'll go off shorter than this, he certainly should. He's a 9/2 shot in my book so at almost double that he looks a very tasty price and is worth small/medium stakes. Hopefully he'll run well once again at the track that he has proved to be the model of consistency.

That's my last selection for the day.

Total Staked - 10pts

Prime Exhibit into 14's now.

I'm a market mover. :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just as well i got in quick.

Got him @ 16's, 2.5pts (Win)

Went for The Nifty Fox @ 8/1, 3pts (Win)

• Advertisement

Oldjoesaid has the best chance of the lot of 'em. Although after I got my bet on they cut the price.

Good luck SR, you must refuse to go each way. All or nothing, my sort of man. ;)

:pac: I joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

:mad:Ive had a terrible terrible terrible day, down over 9 buyins at poker at 1/2:( and lost some more gambling, i dunno these days happen i guess but its hard to take really hard, im beating myself up here and have ripped out 4 buttons from my laptop:(.

Been there, let it go, you will have good day soon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

x PyRo wrote: »
    All or nothing, my sort of man. ;)

Wahey!!!!!!!!:D

Gone with Prime Exhibit 12/1 ew and The Nifty Fox 7/1 on the nose both with PP, no early odds for Oldjoesaid. Tempted to do a cheeky ew double too.:D

EDIT: Went with the ew double :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

x PyRo wrote: »
    Oldjoesaid has the best chance of the lot of 'em. Although after I got my bet on they cut the price.

Good luck SR, you must refuse to go each way. All or nothing, my sort of man. ;)

:pac: I joke.

I'm gonna wait on OJS until tomorrow.

I'm deciding on him or Suntrap at Whampton tomorrow night 20:20.

I very rarely go e/w.

Racing Post agreeing with you on The Nifty Fox and Prime Exhibit so prices will prob drop another point when the papers come in. Hes gone for Haajes in the 4.30 though so OJS might drift. My forecast is looking better lol.

• Advertisement

Oldjoesaid won't drift if it's stable money going on, not a hope! He was backed from 16's into 11/2 the time before last.

I have to wait till Boyles decide to open anyway. Only have phone bet atm. Never got round to reloading my PP a/c and I hate ringing Celtic for prices if Ive more than a couple of bets to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

OJS is into 5/1 with pp's.

l cant belive they are useing J Spencer again after the ride he gave it 2 runs ago,one of his worst ever rides imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

The Nifty Fox no 9/2 with PP

Every one of them is being massively punted.

Prime Exhibit - 16's into 8's

Oldjoesaid - 12's into 5's

The Nifty Fox - 8's into 4's.

Hopefully it's a lucky day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭_MadRa_

Èasy to See why Pyro
    Your Word is gospel :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Jaysus some of the bookmakers must be following this thread, i think we have a spy in our midst:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

fingers crossed for a good day :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not hearing him mentioned at all! :(

Bah, wrong Fahey horse.

• Advertisement

bad start didnt hear him mentioned on commentary:mad:

Come on the nifty fox, come on ya boyo......

Tempted to throw something small on Whozthecat!

Nifty Fox 3rd..

no good again !!!!:mad::mad:
    keep head up

:mad::mad: Thought he had it won 1f out.

we need joesaid to do us a favour:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Oldjoe has a job on its hands, another tough race,
    Strike
    Mang
    Kylla

hopefully he can pull it off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Seriously sick of Spencer at this stage. Had Prime Exhibit backed aswell Pyro, but of course Spencer tries to win from the back (again) and comes bombing home far too late to finish 5-6th.

* He'll probably come up with a winner in the next now.

• Advertisement

Bah, no good again! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement