Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Also having a bet in the big one at Limerick.

4:35 Limerick - Tinakellylad - 1pt e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Talented 6 year old hurdler turned chaser who on his day has all the ability in the world, he has quite a lot of decent form including a 4 1/2 length 2nd place to the impressive Sizing Europe in a Novice Chase in 2009 on testing ground. He has a tendency to make the odd jumping mistake which costs him from running better than he can but he shaped well after a 6 month lay off to come 4th of 13 in a Handicap Chase over 3 miles at Gowran Park 8 days ago. He only made one jumping mistake that day and it seemed he was out to regain his fitness more than anything, he now runs off the same mark of 125 in this race carrying a featherweight of 10 stone in this hot contest. David Casey gets the ride and he's a jockey who has done me a good turn on numerous occasions he's very talented in my opinion and has a decent 11% strike rate when riding for Mouse Morris who trains this fellow. Casey is 3 from 9 (33%) when riding for Morris at Limerick and he comes here for only 1 ride today. They have also teamed up to win this race previously, when landing the spoils in 2001 with Foxchapel King. This is only the 2nd time they team up for a runner in this race so hopefully it's a lucky omen. The Morris yard do very well at Limerick with their chaser, they've a 23% strike rate and a massive profit of £68 to £1 level stakes. With the prospect of rain in Limerick the ground could get a bit softer, it's currently Good (Good to Yielding in places). Any extra softening in the ground will suit my selection to no end and he would prove massively overpriced should the ground change. He should have no problems as it stands either.

Tinakellylad will stay the trip without problem, he's unexposed over this 3 mile trip having only raced over it on 4 occasions with form reading 0-3-2-4. The duck egg came on rapid ground which ruled him out straight away and it was over hurdles. He likes to race reasonably prominent so if he can get his jumping right for the day he should stand a very good chance of being in the frame come the final couple of jumps, he certainly has enough ability to do so. He has everything going for him here today and should strip a lot fitter for having that run at Gowran Park. 14/1 is far too big in my opinion and I had him down as an 8/1 shot. It's a very tough a grueling race but if all goes to plan he will have good place claims at least, now carrying his lightest weight in a race ever. Weight is key over these longer distances and with Casey on board only doing 10st I feel his chances have dramatically increased, he's up against some classy animals here but should be able to put it up to them. 4 places are being paid too which is a massive plus and with a clear round I think he could win the race, if he makes mistakes he'll be punished and probably finish nowhere. At the odds he's worth a small each way bet and I think he will run well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

x PyRo wrote: »
    Fuck it, winners never quit, quitters never win. :) I'll just ride it out and hopefully it'll change soon, soon being today. :pac:

Brilliant PyRo, your a winner man!

lol cheers mate, I was until last weekend. Got a good feeling in my waters though, if it's not tomorrow it will be soon. I'm half tempted to start putting them in multiples etc, I'm due a jackpot win. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

lol fu'ck it, am backing these! good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Pyro,Tinakelly gets in with 9-11 not 10,few extra pounds better.

• Advertisement

Mossbank pulled out of the handicap chase,might well be a 5 cent rule 4,not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Avertor 9/2 now

They're delaying the race so racing uk can show the big race in Czech Slovakia,should start any second now.

4/1 now. I always get the market right, hopefully I get a horse right for once! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I only just noticed I have picked horses in the same races as you...wasn't the plan! :p

• Advertisement

They're just going off now,the Goodwood race will be ten minutes away if not more

Nulty wrote: »
    I only just noticed I have picked horses in the same races as you...wasn't the plan! :p

It's probably the best because you can rule mine out straight away. :pac:

Fingers and toes crossed man lol

Its on at 14.35 is it not Greetings?

I have to listen to it, dont have RUK, hate listening to races.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Money coming for R Woody but I hope Avertor can do it !

Kod-box wrote: »
    Fingers and toes crossed man lol

Its on at 14.35 is it not Greetings?

I have to listen to it, dont have RUK, hate listening to races.

No they've delayed it for racing UK,it's like a big grand national that's just gone off.

Kod-box put on 432,free view racing!

Summerinthecity being backed on Betfair, 5/1 clear fave now.

will do man, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mookie2007

Pyro lad great to see ya back in the saddle ;)

Was disappointed when you said you were taking a break.

Me picking horses would be as good as a pig looking into a petrol engine.

So around the end of June i started following your selections religously the only difference being i went e/w on every selection. Anyway starting off with a 100 yo yo bank an betting 1 yo yo per point i managed to double my bank in powers withdrew 200 moved it to bet365 to take the advantage of the €200 bonus and to date my cumulative bank is up to nearly €700. I did up the per point stake as the bank increased.

And that is mainly all thanks to you so for that i salute you.

Have to say though its about more than the winning or losing. Its great banter reading your posts and the posts of others here before and after a winner or a donkey. Gives me a purpose every morning when i wake up in these dark times to go in read your selections place me bets - watch the race and all the excitement that goes with it. Unfortunately i need more sleep than you :( so usually place the selections around 7 or 8 in the morning when the odds have usually shortened.

If we ever have an Xpyro night out im pretty sure there would be a huge attendance and you would have enough drink bought for you for months by people just wanting to say thank you.

Anyway chin up. Hope one of these comes in today.

Cheers for your brilliant log. Long may it last.

Wait they haven't delayed it,they said they were going to? Sorry lads.

R Woody wins it :(

• Advertisement

Never got into it, I'm just jinxing everything at the moment.

Lochan Mor ran really well to come 2nd.

Cheers Mookie, hopefully it picks up sometime soon. :) That's about 30 points since winning 18 off Workforce. Just can't click at all even when they're well backed. As long as I keep getting the market right it will come back to form someday, no idea when someday is but I hope to hell it's soon, starting with Tinakellylad. It's annoying losing money day in day out and losing others money too but I think I'll just ride out the storm and hopefully strike gold someday soon.

Thanks very much for the comment and I'm glad you've made some money and enjoy the thread, it's just a pity that I'm having my traditional run of donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

It's probably the best because you can rule mine out straight away. :pac:

Miserable result for all concerned!

Also having a bet in the big one at Limerick.

4:35 Limerick - Tinakellylad - 1pt e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Talented 6 year old hurdler turned chaser who on his day has all the ability in the world, he has quite a lot of decent form including a 4 1/2 length 2nd place to the impressive Sizing Europe in a Novice Chase in 2009 on testing ground. He has a tendency to make the odd jumping mistake which costs him from running better than he can but he shaped well after a 6 month lay off to come 4th of 13 in a Handicap Chase over 3 miles at Gowran Park 8 days ago. He only made one jumping mistake that day and it seemed he was out to regain his fitness more than anything, he now runs off the same mark of 125 in this race carrying a featherweight of 10 stone in this hot contest. David Casey gets the ride and he's a jockey who has done me a good turn on numerous occasions he's very talented in my opinion and has a decent 11% strike rate when riding for Mouse Morris who trains this fellow. Casey is 3 from 9 (33%) when riding for Morris at Limerick and he comes here for only 1 ride today. They have also teamed up to win this race previously, when landing the spoils in 2001 with Foxchapel King. This is only the 2nd time they team up for a runner in this race so hopefully it's a lucky omen. The Morris yard do very well at Limerick with their chaser, they've a 23% strike rate and a massive profit of £68 to £1 level stakes. With the prospect of rain in Limerick the ground could get a bit softer, it's currently Good (Good to Yielding in places). Any extra softening in the ground will suit my selection to no end and he would prove massively overpriced should the ground change. He should have no problems as it stands either.

Tinakellylad will stay the trip without problem, he's unexposed over this 3 mile trip having only raced over it on 4 occasions with form reading 0-3-2-4. The duck egg came on rapid ground which ruled him out straight away and it was over hurdles. He likes to race reasonably prominent so if he can get his jumping right for the day he should stand a very good chance of being in the frame come the final couple of jumps, he certainly has enough ability to do so. He has everything going for him here today and should strip a lot fitter for having that run at Gowran Park. 14/1 is far too big in my opinion and I had him down as an 8/1 shot. It's a very tough a grueling race but if all goes to plan he will have good place claims at least, now carrying his lightest weight in a race ever. Weight is key over these longer distances and with Casey on board only doing 10st I feel his chances have dramatically increased, he's up against some classy animals here but should be able to put it up to them. 4 places are being paid too which is a massive plus and with a clear round I think he could win the race, if he makes mistakes he'll be punished and probably finish nowhere. At the odds he's worth a small each way bet and I think he will run well.

3rd, ran well all things considered. Jumping let him down a little bit and the ground wasn't soft at all. Ran a big race though.

-0.5pts on the day.

Bank - 383.26pts (+283.26pts)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thats two places from two NH bets. Your system seems to work over the jumps as well anyway.

Seems to anyways, maybe I should just avoid the flat and pick NH bets for midweek and do the big flat meeting on Saturday. It takes so long to watch the horses videos and come to conclusions, I've spent about 10 hours a day picking my selections on the flat, it'll take double that time to do the NH. :eek: Scary! Hopefully it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Im up a euro for the day anyway Pyro lad:pac:

Just remembered this selection as i was passing the bookies at 4.30, had it e/w at 12's so doubled my money and then threw that on Big Ocassion in the 4.50 at the Curragh enhanced to 7/2 which won, and threw the profit there e/w on General Elliot in the 4.55 at Goodwood, came 2nd at 16/1...a profitable 20 mins in the bookies all spiraled by this tip, cheers man :D

Kod-box wrote: »
    Just remembered this selection as i was passing the bookies at 4.30, had it e/w at 12's so doubled my money and then threw that on Big Ocassion in the 4.50 at the Curragh enhanced to 7/2 which won, and threw the profit there e/w on General Elliot in the 4.55 at Goodwood, came 2nd at 16/1...a profitable 20 mins in the bookies all spiraled by this tip, cheers man :D

haha good stuff dude. Not many people can say they had a profitable 20 minutes in a bookies! I can't stay in those places or I blow all my money. :pac: Internet gambling FTW!

The racing tomorrow is shite.

• Advertisement

4:10 Windsor - Miss Antonia - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Lightly raced and steadily progressive 3 year old who didn't put her best foot forward last time out when running in a good fillies race at Haydock, it was her first try over this 10 furlong trip but she never picked up in the final couple, perhaps unsuited by the quick gallop on the very testing ground. She has much more ability than she showed that day and with the ground bordering on Good today she has conditions more suitable, it is also a much lower quality race and back at the track which was the scene of her sole handicap win. That win came off a mark of 75, she had to be ridden over 3f out but picked up in good style winning the race going away, suggesting the step up to 1m 2f's should help, she's certainly bred to appreciate it and should find conditions ideal once more. The awkward Windsor track seemed to suit her perfectly based on that run and she should appreciate being raced here again. Henry Cecil trains her and she's the only horse he brings to this track tomorrow, he doesn't visit here too often nowadays but has a wonderful 20% win rate here. Ian Mongan takes the ride on her for the first time since her since he rode Miss Antonia on her 2nd career start. He's a jockey I rate highly and he has been riding well this month with a 20% strike rate so far. He does wonderfully well for Henry Cecil and has a brilliant 25% strike rate when riding for Cecil, this is the only race they team up for today. In October they're 4 wins out of 8 saddled which is obviously good form. Mongan has also won on 3 of his last 4 rides here and obviously rides the track pretty well.

Miss Antonia has now been dropped 4lbs for her last 2 runs, she certainly has enough ability to go close off a mark just 3lbs higher than her last winning mark and with the ground having a small bit of juice in it and bordering on Good should ensure she'll have ideal conditions to see out the 10 furlong trip. She has a good attitude and a nice turn of foot when she is in full flow and with the potentially slow gallop tomorrow I think she should be able to take advantage of this in the final furlong and hopefully stay on better than the rest, she's unexposed in general and unexposed at the trip. There's a lot more to come from this filly and I think her price of 12/1 in this 10 runner field is significantly larger than it should be. She is 5/1 second favourite behind Dream On Buddy in my book and with the latter unproven over this trip and ground along with his struggles to get his head in front I certainly see the Cecil filly as the value of the race. 12/1 is far too big and she's worth small each way stakes with ground, trip and how the race will be run, all likely to suit. Hopefully she'll bounce back to her real abilities and outrun her price tag, it's very generous in a race like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement