Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Now for an All Weather raid where the ground won't affect my chances!

2:20 Kempton - Zubova - 1pt e/w @ 14/1 (Stan James)

Inconsistent 3 year old who has ability when he puts his best foot forward, doesn't do that too often but has dropped to a mark of 65 which shouldn't be beyond him. He only has 2 claimers to his name from 18 career starts. He has a perfect draw in stall 11 and has Ted Durcan on board, although he's not a jockey I rate very highly he is riding well of late and has a 40% strike rate in the past week with 4 winners from 10 rides, he rides the track well and has a good 14% strike rate at Kempton. He's always fairly useful from the front and if he can get this fellow into a good rhythm I think he could prove hard to pass if running to ability. He has run well at the track before, he hit 2/1 in running when last here over this distance but he was swallowed up by horses fast finishing from the rear and ended up a 4 lengths away 7th. He is now 7lbs lower than that run and this looks a weak enough contest. He's currently a massive 19.5 on the exchanges and if I get anything near that price in the morning I'll be very happy. He's an 8/1 shot in my book and projected to be around 14/1 which is worth a small each way bet.

Price to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Had a bet tonight on a American football match, a handicap bet, bet lost or so i thought until i was just transferring money from my poker account into to the sports part and when i checked my balance 210 Eur in it:confused:, so i check my history and the bet i thought had lost is a winner:confused:, turns out i actually placed the handicap bet on the other team by mistake, cant figure out for the life of me how that happened because im always very careful but this was my first bet on American Football in years.
    What a nice surprise that was i can tell you, my luck is changing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Done Lochan Mor yesterday but never done it E/W also had Uncle Dermot but wouldn't do it E/W cos they where only paying on the first 2. Not a good day at all.

It's great when that happens Jonjo no better feeling. Was in the bookies a few weeks ago and this bloke I know wrote Trap 3 instead of 3/1, the dog drifted to 10/1 and won easily :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Miss Antonio is only 7/1 on PP :mad:

We are some bunch, lovely day outside and here we are gambling:p

• Advertisement

Zubova gave it his all but tailed off in the end.

He was slowly away from the stalls and it's really tough to peg back front runners st Kempton, he usually runs from the front too. That cost him his chance but I don't think he was good enough anyway, he'll be dropped another few pounds for that run and I'll keep an eye on him, he has ability just never runs to it.

If Miss Antonia didn't wander out in front she'd of won, there was such a lack of pace in the race that she made the running. Ended up getting caught on the line to come 2nd.

-0.6pts today.

Bank - 382.66pts (+282.66pts)

Depressing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Cheers xpyro I backed Miss antonia without ingleby at 5/1

No selections tomorrow, awful days racing with only 2 cards.

I'll be having a few lays though, hopefully money to be made there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Unlucky with Miss Antonia,so close. I was in Celtic and they were refunding second place bets to Ingleby so it was all good.

3:00 Lingfield - Basra - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Fairly modest 7 year old who has a poor record of 45 runs with just 3 victories but I think he has fallen to a mark which could put him in the mix. He has a good record on the all weather tracks and goes very well around Lingfield. He has won here off a mark of 80, which is 5lbs higher than what he runs off today. He has ran here on 14 occasions, that was his sole win but he has came 2nd on 4 occasions with 2 3rd places also. He is usually raced over 1m 2f and possibly most effective over that trip but he showed enough at Newbury over a Mile last time out to suggest that this trip may not be too short for him, though, that was over 3 months ago. He was unlucky in running that day and was traveling as well as anything but the gaps didn't open in time, when they did the race was already lost for him and he ended up a 4 1/2 length away 8th of 15. On the face of it, it wasn't a bad result and after a 3 month break I expect him to be back in good knick and hopefully out for the win. He has run well fresh before and this looks an ideal opportunity now dropped in grade and on his favourite surface. Basra has had an easy enough season to date, he's one of the more lightly raced sorts in this race having only had 4 starts in 2010 but has yet to fire. He may be going for a winter tilt on the All Weather and it'd be nice if he could show his old abilities here today.

Basra will be partnered by Ian Mongan, who as I've said before, is a jockey I really rate. He has been on this fellow on 5 occasions without winning yet but I'm hoping it's 5th time lucky. He has a 12% strike rate when riding on the All Weather for Jo Crowley and shows a big level stakes profit of £45 to £1 stakes. (Possibly skewed by a 50/1 winner!) It's a fairly small yard but most of the horses they've sent out in recent months have been running well, they also usually go fairly well at this course and this is only 1 of 2 that they send here. Mongan is coming to Lingfield for 1 ride and he knows the track inside out having ridden more that 1,500 races at the course with 137 winners. He has won aboard 4 of his last 13 and placed on 4 others. He's a big asset to this horse at this course and with no out and out front runners I can see a pretty slow gallop being set, this could play into Basra's hands as on his day he has a good turn of foot. Hopefully he's fit and ready to run a big race, he has quite a lot going for him today and looks very well treated. His mark of 75 is the lowest he has ever run off at a course on which he usually runs well and he has never run in a grade this low at Lingfield. He's an 11/2 shot in my book and the 12's look absolutely massive with all things considered, he's worth a small each way bet at tasty odds.

Might have more later, not sure yet. Absolutely wrecked and need sleep, back tomorrow if there's any more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

basra at 14/1 with pp at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

20/1 now on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

iggy wrote: »
    20/1 now on PP.

Ah! Took 16/1 in Spoylesports!

Edit: So I'm not afterposting when this wins! I took 18.75 last night on BF for €4. Did €5 e/w in boyles on the 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

got 20/1 just now at betfair as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 seanie2

This drift would have to be a bit of a worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 phealy001

'scuse me ignorance but how did you get 20/1 on betfair? I can only ever see BSP...

Cheers

@Pyro, love the thread, it's great read, always nice to see when you get onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

Bet Status: The following bets were successfully matched

Current Odds bets
    Back Your
    Odds Your
    Stake Your
    Profit Basra 21 €2.00 €40.00 Ref:
    Bet placed: 11:20 13-Oct-10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 phealy001

Oh I see now! Best of luck lads.

Not far away but never got into it.

Tis not my week unfortunately.

Can't wait for Saturday to come, I'm due a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

where did it finish?

7th or 8th I'd say, about 4 lengths from the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

can't win em all mate, sure the form will come back to ya

Hopefully D, I don't mind if it doesn't come back until Saturday! If I can get 2 or more winners on Saturday it'll cover the last week and a half. It's just so tough with the weather and the form doesn't stack up like it does in mid season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

x PyRo wrote: »
    Hopefully D, I don't mind if it doesn't come back until Saturday! If I can get 2 or more winners on Saturday it'll cover the last week and a half. It's just so tough with the weather and the form doesn't stack up like it does in mid season.

Chin up dude

It will pick up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Posted on wrong thread sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's awful hard racing today. I backed a horse that I'm certain was a non trier,certain bets leave a bad taste in your mouth. Ah well,the lays are going well pyro anyway.

• Advertisement

4:10 Nottingham - Reve De Nuit - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (Bet365)

Tough and relatively consistent 4 year old who comes here in good knick having ran creditably in his last few races, he's on a mark now 2lbs higher than his last win but if he puts his best foot forwards I do not think it's beyond him. He hasn't won as much as he should of having had 29 runs with just 3 victories but if things fall right for him today I think he could have a good chance to run well now dropped in grade. He ran over 9f last time out, off top weight in the Silver Cambridgeshire and stayed on well under pressure to come 4th of 15, just 1/4 of a length behind the winner Sarrsar. That was a fairly impressive run off top weight and I expect this contest could be more to his liking with an extra furlong likely to suit him. The slow ground is also a positive based on how he ran last twice on softer going, he's also versatile tactically which should see the draw in stall 13 neither help nor hinder him as it wouldn't be the best place to be if you must get near the front to be competitive. He'll probably have to make do with a sit near the end of the field and with a fast pace likely I think it could play into his hands inside the final couple of furlongs as he tends to stay on very well under pressure despite being better over a mile than at this trip. If he gets the gaps in running he could have the best turn of foot to cause damage on what is a very flat galloping track with a long run in.

Reve De Nuit will be partnered by Pat Cosgrave for the first time, he's a jockey I rate highly and I find it interesting that he gets the leg up on this fellow for the first time, Pat has been riding well this season and has only ridden once for AJ McCabe this year but he has a good 13% strike rate for him with it hopefully on the increase come the end of the race. McCabe has had a fair few winners in the last number of week and his horses seem to be running well without setting the world alight, if he has this talented colt in good order I think he could add another victory to his seasons tally. Reve De Nuit is potentially well handicapped if on a going day and with ground to suit I'm expecting a good run. 9/1 looks value to me and I had him priced up as a 6/1 shot with Dettori's mount clear favourite but no value at 11/4. Small each way stakes on the McCabe horse in the hope that he gets that elusive victory that has evaded him since June of this year and 9 runs ago, hopefully it's 10th time lucky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement