Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

2:00 Southwell - Angle of Attack @ 6/1 - 3pts

Down in trip which should suit and still on same mark as when 2nd to Ejeed last month. Jockey on board that i really like and should be in with a shout here if replicating his last run.

Edit : Came 3rd. Led and then weakened with 1f left. Can't buy a winner at the moment.

2:00 Lingfield - Caracal @ 9/4 - 5pts

Hasn't run since July of last year, running behind 3 horses that went on to win after that. Is running for the on fire Johnston stable with Fanning doing the steering. Should be fit and ready to win at a decent price here in my opinion especially in a very weak race.

4:00 Lingfield - Grand Honour @ 14/1 - 1pt e/w

Weighted to win this, ran well in last two races and this is his best trip, good jockey on board. Has place claims at least.

Edit : Caracal nailed on the line. Feck it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Pipped at the post unlucky, you've hit the bad run ..has to end soon you were flying it at the start

Ffos Las

2:35 - Shakalakaboomboom - 3pts @ 10/3

Weak enough race in which this horse should be in with a good shout judging by its last run when second in a bumper at Taunton, Being steered by McCoy is always a plus and he has an excellent record around here.

3:10 - Son Historie - 2pts @ 5/1

Has been very competitive on higher marks over hurdles and came second at Exeter LTO with Blinkers fitted, goes off the same mark and hopefully the head gear works as well as it did LTO.

Southwell

4:05 - Bo Mcginty - 2pts @ 6/1

Has won off bigger marks in the past, on career low mark also. Came 2nd over C&D and could have a chance at stoping his long losing run here.

4:40 - Tobrata - 1pt e/w @ 9/1

Have been following this horse for a while, is running off joint lowest mark here with a jockey on board that has a decent record around the track, didn't run well here on last two outings but i'm willing to give it one last blast.

5:10 - Holyfield Warrior - 3pts @ 9/4

Very well backed LTO and duly failed to win the race coming 7th, had money on it myself but going to have another go to reclaim my money in what seems to be a fairly weak race.

All the best tomorrow lads.

Prices up. Best of luck today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not one won, hard luck on Bo Ginty and Tobrata both 2nd.

Not one won, hard luck on Bo Ginty and Tobrata both 2nd.

Having a major bad run of form, should go back to paper trading them for a while and quit losing myself money!. The joys of being a gambler eh?!. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm going through a wreched time of it too. Is there a couselling service for this kind of bad run?:o

Mind you, I have backed only 2 or three of my selections. The whole point of my log is to see where this run will end

Nulty wrote: »
    I'm going through a wreched time of it too. Is there a couselling service for this kind of bad run?:o

Mind you, I have backed only 2 or three of my selections. The whole point of my log is to see where this run will end

Yeah it's hateful, no counselling for it i'm afraid!. I can't buy a winner at the moment even whilst i'm backing them all too. Need to quit or i'll be bankrupt!.

Onwards and upward mate, NEVER quit!. :p

Tomorrows pick..

3:35 Lingfield - Fromsong - 5pts

Been following this one for a while now, Runs off same mark as when 2nd last time out when losing by 1l. Jocky i like on board too and has a decent record around here, Hopefully will have a chance & break my run of shite Naps.

Edit : Close but no cigar.

2:40 Nass - Fen Game

3:10 Nass - An Cathaoir Mor

3:45 Nass - Pittoni

4:15 Nass - Tranquil Sea

5.20 Nass - Sizing Mexico

2pts win on each, in a rush so not able to get my reasoning posted until the morning.

Edit : Called Off

• Advertisement

2:30 Southwell - Hypnotic Gaze - 5pts @ 5/1

Been backing this one for a while now, i reckon it could win sooner rather thank later after having 12 runs and placing 5 times. Fox's claiming 5 and will hopefully be there or thereabouts. 5/1 at the moment with 365.

Edit : Well Backed, No good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Good jockey on board, one of a few in plus pts at in 2010.
    must have a good chance,
    good luck

5:40 Wolves - Saddlers Bend @ 11/10 - 10pts

Not penalised after win last time out, interesting jockey booking and should have the beating of these if running as well as last time. Lumping on.

x PyRo wrote: »
    5:40 Wolves - Saddlers Bend @ 11/10 - 10pts

Not penalised after win last time out, interesting jockey booking and should have the beating of these if running as well as last time. Lumping on.

Wins, nearly nailed on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Back to winning ways :D

About time too! Needed that one. :)

4:40 Lingfield - Imperial Skylight @ 18/1 - 1pt e/w

Has fallen to a good mark, Good jockey on board and the price is to big imo.

No good.

3:00 Wolves - Bo McGinty - 5pts

Been following this fellow for a little while now, i think he will go in soon and hopefully it's today, jockey i like on board too. I think today's its day.

2nd again the donkey.

3:30 Wolves - Desert Recluse - 5pts @ 2.92

• Advertisement

2nd again the donkey.

3:30 Wolves - Desert Recluse - 5pts @ 2.92

Wins, needed that. :)

1pt Double @ 12/1

6:05 Wolverhampton - Rose Row @ 3/1

6:35 Wolverhampton - Tuscan King @ 9/4

Given a very poor ride there imo.

4pt win bet on Tuscan King @ 9/4 in the next at Wolves.

Given a very poor ride there imo.

4pt win bet on Tuscan King @ 9/4 in the next at Wolves.

Wins @ 3/1. :D

+12 to the bank. Will update it now in a minute.

New Bank - 66.69pts (-33.31pts)

Going to get this back to profit soon hopefully, i feel my luck is changing a bit.

2:05 Newbury - Henry King - 5pts @ 8/1

3:10 Newbury - Au Courant - 1pt e/w @ 9/1

2:20 Doncaster - Quentin Collonges - 1pt e/w @ 8/1

3:25 Doncaster - Iris De Balme - 1pt e/w @ 9/1

To tired to put reasoning!

2:05 Newbury - Henry King - 5pts @ 8/1 Fell

3:10 Newbury - Au Courant - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 3rd :)

2:20 Doncaster - Quentin Collonges - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 Wins :D

3:25 Doncaster - Iris De Balme - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 Nowhere

To tired to put reasoning!

+5.25 today, that'll do nicely.

2:40 Huntingdon - Silver Token - 1pt e/w

Ground should suit, did well over hurdles when second on his debut for new stable. Jockey in good form and well worth his 3lb claim. Has a good chance imo.

3:10 Huntingdon - Misty Dancer - 1pt e/w

Looked back to better form last time out but blundered away any chance it had, falling down in mark. Could have a place chance at least hopefully.

4:10 Huntingdon - Alfloramoor - 1pt e/w

Back to last winning mark, dodgy jumper but seems to be a weak race. Hopefully will be in the frame.

2:30 Nass - Whodoyouthink - 3pts

Ran 4th behind Dunguib in a Grade 1 last time out, I quite like this horse and think this race is between him and Silver Friend but i'll go for Whodoyouthink.

3:00 Nass - Zaarito - 5pts

Best horse in the race by a long shot imo, if Zaarito jumps well he'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good stuff, you're luck starting to change :)

• Advertisement

A little bit i hope, long may it continue. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement